It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stationary blinking lights in the sky?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I usually debunk these star like objects moving overhead as satellites. However I just saw one stay stationary for at least a minute flashing at 6 second intervals. I managed to catch it on video, but I won't bother uploading since the quality is usually #ty once I post it. I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but after I focused in I saw that indeed there were two orbs flashing in the sky. Such a breathtaking experience. Anyone have similar stories?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I have seen also what your talking about. I look at the moon now every night. I thought a cresent moon was side to side, not bottom to top. Our moon now has the bottom lit up as cresent and looks kind of oval and dbled....Never seen it like this in 57 yrs till a month or so ago and now...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have seen many orbs

Mostly around Saltspring island British Columbia.

I know how you feel. They look like satellites of twice the size, twice as close, and move left/right/up/down seemingly at will... vanish/appear... No color other than an energy source emenating.

I've been told they're "venus" or the "ISS space station" or "birds" ... lol

Meanwhile, I have witnessed all of those... and I 100% gaurentee as I know a shoe from a shirt in plain sight.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
I have seen many orbs

Mostly around Saltspring island British Columbia.

I know how you feel. They look like satellites of twice the size, twice as close, and move left/right/up/down seemingly at will... vanish/appear... No color other than an energy source emenating.

I've been told they're "venus" or the "ISS space station" or "birds" ... lol

Meanwhile, I have witnessed all of those... and I 100% gaurentee as I know a shoe from a shirt in plain sight.

Just watched another one go across the sky. Lit up very slowly then dimmed back down every 15 seconds. I suppose that could be rotating space junk, but I doubt it. I have no idea how the hell I could see space junk from here.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Awesome that I saw this post. Just today around sunset I saw exactly what you are describing. I thought maybe it was the sunlight reflecting off of a space station or satellite but it's hard to say for sure. First one I've ever seen like that today.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Yep exactly! Mine lit up and dimmed out slowly as well. Truly strange.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by blargg
reply to post by d00d557

Yep exactly! Mine lit up and dimmed out slowly as well. Truly strange.

I try to never be too sure, but all signs point to something else. Seeing 8 satellites in the span of 20 minutes? Give me a break. They usually do the same deal. Increase in brightness/dissapear. Or in tonights case stayed put the entire time, truly astonishing. Glad I got it on film so I know i'm not just crazy as hell

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I want to add that "sattelites'" are in ORBIT

They do not move left/right/up/down.

They follow orbit.

The space station as well. You can see it from certain locations briefly as it passes over. (it's neat.)

Birds do not glow, or travel left/right/up/down at will + hover or have the diametere of a circle.

(nor do they travel faster than f-14s)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I saw exactly the same last night! I even told a couple of friends about it. It stayed completely stationary, and what's interesting is that when it flashed from time to time the light was visible (it was around 6-7 seconds as well) but when the light was off during those seconds, no other light was seen, as if nothing was there. I wondered what that could be, since satellites don't blink and flash like that, but still looking for an explanation. If someone has one I'd be thankful

edit on 8-2-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blargg

Seeing that many people saw something this similar raises the strangeness of this. I personally know how satellites look like, since I'm a stargazer since little. And that one caught my attention for sure. It actually creeps me out a little bit, the fact that I've registered it as strange, and other people are seeing it as well.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ch1n1t0
reply to post by d00d557

I saw exactly the same last night! I even told a couple of friends about it. It stayed completely stationary, and what's interesting is that when it flashed from time to time the light was visible (it was around 6-7 seconds as well) but when the light was off during those seconds, no other light was seen, as if nothing was there. I wondered what that could be, since satellites don't blink and flash like that, but still looking for an explanation. If someone has one I'd be thankful

edit on 8-2-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

This had to have been a HUGE object whatever it was. The light when lit up had the size of the largest star/planet in the sky. I believe there is one planet visible right now but I have no idea which one it is. It was easily that size though if not a bit smaller.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ch1n1t0

Yup. I was looking for mine in the sky after it dimmed because I thought "Is it a plane that caught the glare of the setting sun? But I couldn't see anything until it lit up again. This was in Pensacola btw in case anyone else saw it.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Well, I think it would be a stretch to judge size, because we both don't know what the distance was to the light source. However, if we speak of brightness, then yes, it was as bright as the brightest stars, even brighter, when flashing.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Thats nuts! I have been seeing the same if not a different type of "star" here in Texas! I have noticed it more than once and it does seem to always be stationary and amazingly bright! I haven't been able to find out if its a planet but there is something odd about it for sure! I have always been fascinated with the sky/stars and not ever have I seen what I have been seeing! Interesting times in these days and I feel like something is about to unfold!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I was interested in asking about this! Need to really find out if there has been a change in the moon cycle..Or if its the cause of pole shift.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Dude okay I have a story. There's always these stationary "flickering" lights in the sky. They always show up in the exact same place. They are BRIGHT, too. They don't flash like you normally see airplanes or helicopters do, they flicker like a star. Red and white. There's usually three of them, and they switch between linear and triangle formations (all three line up diagonally, or one at the top and two underneath at both corners. NOT a triangular object. They're separate) I always get "feelings" to look and see if they're there, and when I look, they usually are. (I can see it from the window upstairs.) Tonight it started off as being the normal three, but then it turned into 5, and then there were probably at least 7. All just sitting there. Like I said, it's always in the SAME place, and they'll stay there for 2+ hours. I don't have a camera that can zoom in that far though to provide a good video without someone screaming "HOAX!!!!" or "NOT ENOUGH DETAIL!!!" But I actually tried to record a video about an hour ago of these lights with my sister's camera (she has a really nice one cause she's into photography). The video started recording for about 10 seconds, and then stopped and said "memory full." Just my luck eh? I went to go tell her that I needed to record it, and by the time she deleted some crap off of it, I go back to the window and the lights were gone.

Backtrack to about a month ago, it was the second time I ever saw these lights. I was with my girlfriend. We were wondering WTF they were, so we tried driving towards them. We lost their exact location when we were on the way, so I pulled into a parking lot of a hospital to kind of reorient ourselves. We saw where they were, and I started driving again. I told her to keep her eye on them. As she was, they either disappeared, or stopped blinking all together because we couldn't see them anymore.

So this is some weird #. These bright flickering lights always show up in the exact same spot, for over a month (at random times, but always at night), and stay there for hours. Whenever I have tried to record them or drive towards them, they conveniently disappear. I'm still not ruling out helicopters, but I don't know why helicopters would hover in that same spot for so long, and it only began recently. But next time this happens I'll be ready with a video

Edit: I also know these aren't satellites or some crap like that because I compare them with a rooftop of a house that's down the street from me. That's how I can tell they're always in the same location. They aren't high in the sky at all
edit on 8-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

I concur that the stationary blinking "satellites" are quite the phenomena. I spend A LOT of time staring into the night sky with my Nikons and I've only seen this but ONCE. I've seen the flashing satellites that move quickly and then fade away as they move across the sky MANY times, but this stationary flasher was a singular sighting for me. I found it to be additionally confounding that it was visible in the dead middle of the night (a time when satellites are typically hidden from sight). I spent some time reading about this afterward, as I wanted to understand exactly what it was I had been looking at. Unfortunately, I only wound up with more questions:

1) If it's a satellite in orbit around our planet, then WHY isn't it orbiting? I mean, it IS moving, but the rate of speed is so slight it would take AT MINIMUM the entire night for it to move across the sky. I don't get it.

2) Why was the stationary blinking "satellite" emitting it's own light? (A light bright enough to be seen from the surface of Earth with a pair of handheld binoculars.) Satellites can only be viewed when the sunlight is reflected off their metal body. This limits satellite visibility to approximately 2-3 hours AFTER sunset and 2-3 hours PRIOR to sunrise. My sighting occurred around 2:30am in mid-October...so it HAD to be generating it's own light source. Very strange.

I'd like to add that I reference the Heavens-Above website for ALL of my satellite viewing sessions, and I know full well WHEN to expect to see satellites in the sky and when NOT to. The stationary flasher does NOT fit the profile of a satellite, and I can't help but feel that what we're seeing is something else.... (ie. military craft, etc)

So there's my 2 cents, for what it's worth. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

I know what you mean. I just decided to go outside and no less than 5 minutes later I began seeing these objects. I get a "feeling" too if that is a way to describe it. I always look directly where they are or they show up where I am looking. Let's see if anyone else has stories to add. Apparently this is a very common phenomena lately.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by d00d557

Yeah I'd love to see if this happens to other people too, then I'd feel less crazy. Good to know someone knows what I'm talking about though. I even tried googling something like this but no dice. That's why this thread caught my attention. What state are you in by the way?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join