It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is NOTHING wonderful/beautiful about mother nature

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by margret68
try to hug a crocodile

Crocodiles have jaws that can snap shut and break bone, but can be held closed by the average person with a single hand.

Balance.

She destroys and she creates.
She bestows strengths and weaknesses.
She gives and she takes.
edit on 2/8/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

please.. demonstrate

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by margret68

all because of your `mother nature`

Good morning marg,

What do you mean by "your" mother nature?

I am truly confused by this statement, as it almost seems that you are implying that mother nature does not apply to yourself, but applies to all others, and is somehow the result, or fault of people appreciating it.

It would be much appreciated if you could elaborate

theres a reason i said your and not mine.. i wont go into it now

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This is your second pointless thread in a row stop flooding the boards with non sense. by the way this should be in rants not a conspiracy at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

please.. demonstrate

Please... get over yourself.

If all you're going to reply with are dares then it's obvious you have no wish to expand your view on this topic.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Interesting idea, but I have to disagree. To say nature is either beautiful or cruel and heartless is putting human judgment on what happens in the world.

Sure, seeing a zebra pulled down by a lion pride can be unsettling, and is very unpleasant for the zebra. But it means dinner for the lions. And without predation, pretty soon there would be too many zebras, and they would die due to disease, birth defects and other unpleasant causes.

Nature is not beautiful, kind, loving, cruel, heartless or any of these human judgments. Nature just is. Any perceived beauty or ugliness is a result of adding human filtering and judgments to what is.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Before you get the wrong idea, i love picturesque landscapes, fresh air, beautiful meadows, scenery, the chirping of birds a nice cool breeze, looking at the beautiful cute baby monkeys puppies cats you name it, and its very easy to think about how `wonderful mother nature is`.

However, when you put down the rose tinted glasses and look at the real side of nature, you see animals as wonderful and intelligent as they are, killing each other constantly, i cant bear to watch programs which show a lion chasing an innocent zebra or something and killing it for food, or things like that.

Are you suggesting that all Animals become vegetarians and distribute potatoes to each other?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If you compare the `beauty` of mother nature to the negative aspects, the negative aspects outride it 10 to 1, almost to the point of where mother nature doesnt welcome anyone on earth.

Hmmm. . . you haven't made the decision to end your existance, so I'm inclined to believe that you must not really feel that way.

Nature is cruel, unmerciful and heartless.

Remember that everything is part of nature. So, if you find any kindness, mercy, love, or beauty anywhere in the world at all, those things are aspects of nature.

So next time you go `how wonderful mother nature is`, just think that right now there are beautiful animals being kiled in their millions, people dying due to storms, earthquakes etc.. all because of your `mother nature`

It's your mother nature, too.

I think you're thinking about it all wrong. Nature isn't good or bad, it's completely indifferent. You (and all humans) impose the qualities described above; they're not "out there" in nature, they're inside of you. Consider a distant and lifeless planet. Certainly nothing inherently good or bad is occuring there. The storms and earthquakes and volcanos are neutral matters of fact. They only become violent and scary when a subjective intelligence - like a human being - becomes aware of them. Likewise, nature proceeds mechanistically and without feeling on earth. Whatever feelings you have about it are feelings that are created by your subjective awareness; they wouldn't exist without you.

All natural processes, including life, are the result of chemistry and physics on geological timescales. It all happens according to the rules that govern the fundamental underlying processes, and neither those processes nor the rules that govern them can be considered "good" or "bad." The whole thing becomes rather silly when understood in those terms, because it means that we as humans are part of the ongoing chemical reaction, and that our thoughts and feelings about the cruelty or beauty of nature amount to one part of the chemical reaction feeling this way or that way about another part of the chemical reaction.

You're a fleeting consciousness along for the ride in a shortlived glob of complex and coherent organic chemistry. Your capacity for feeling is simply a useful cognitive and behavioral architecture that has proven conducive to self-replication in the past. We're each a fragile speck on the thin outer shell of a rock floating in the middle of an incomprehensibly vast and ancient space. That leaves us in no position to pass judgement on the infinite system from which we arose and to which we will return. Failing to glean a sense of wonder and amazement and beauty from these circumstances when you have the capacity to do so only means that you're doing it wrong.

link   

Why not? Really, what was the point of starting this discussion (such as it is) then?

link   

Again your missing the Point, start looking with your Mind rather than your eyes.

To see something without perception is to not really look at all.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You have such an egocentric view of the world. Even if a lion bites my head off and leaves the rest for a crocodile, I would still think the nature is amazing and wonderful.
edit on 8-2-2011 by strato because: fail at grammar

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
To the poster: If you hate nature so much and find it so horrible and brutal. Do you think you could do better? Somehow it seems prideful to berate the system of this planet (your planet I might add) that makes everything work together and keeps the planet and its beings functioning. Do you know what it takes to keep an ecosystem running? Can you orchestrate all the actions of every creature on the planet so that they can eat without having to kill? Have you divined some better plan for all of the creatures of the earth which you would then force upon them? Your own view of perfection perhaps?

I know from your other posts that you're a Christian. Perhaps you should read the last part of Job where God responds to one of Job's criticisms for some perspective.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Then perhaps you can contact a mod to have this thread deleted seeing that you, the op, are refusing to discuss the topic YOU brought up, and in turn are derailing your own thread.

15f.) Relevant Content: You will not Post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums or disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Not worthy of my exquisite writing.
edit on 8-2-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Yeah, it's the beautiful apects of existence that arouse peaceful feelings for me, too; but the existing brutality can't always be ignored. We have to accept it, and try to understand why.

I think about animals. They aren't only afraid of dying; they are afraid of being eaten alive.

I don't think men are different than any other life on earth, in that aspect.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is an example, in my opinion, of how humans tend to be brought up in general these days. Very human centric and with little understanding of the rest of the world.

Yes, I find nature beautiful. Beautiful in its balance and complexity. Yes, predators eat prey. Predators also lie down with their prey and live in harmony with them. Often you will see prey and predator side by side at a watering hole drinking peacefully.

The same goes with storms and natural disasters -- it's a matter of balance.

Every single instance of death or destruction is also an instance of birth and reclaimation.

Death is only ugly if you fear it. We all die, so what's the point in fearing it.
edit on 2-8-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Another beautiful , complex detail about nature?

Google the fibonnaci sequence and see how it applies to nature.

Sun flowers, snails, plants, trees..... see how early(ish) humans developed these natural patterns into architecture and music.

img.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

take a break in the sahara desert
go for a swim in the atlantic
try to hug a crocodile
try to kiss a lion

then tell me how `beautiful` nature is

Break in the sahara:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f429ff9f810.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f5ce1630127.jpg[/atsimg]

Swim in the atlantic:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92a00749100e.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27c24776d303.jpg[/atsimg]

Hug a crocodile:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9edc653a9829.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af882f7c9c40.jpg[/atsimg]

Kiss a lion:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c85db3ba3c0.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de21c3c174c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Star for you i love looking at photos of the Sahara it is such a beautiful place.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Star from me too! The kiss a lion pics are amazing! They are such beautiful creatures. I want one!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join