It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aid worker to be killed for being Christian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Aid worker to be killed for being Christian

www.heraldsun.com.au

AN Afghan man working for the Red Cross said he will be executed unless he converts back to Islam.

Said Musa was detained eight months ago and has been held since then in a Kabul prison, where he said in an interview with The (London) Sunday Times he has been tortured and sexually abused.

Musa, who lost a leg to a land mine in the 1990s and works as a physiotherapist treating fellow amputees, said he was visited by a judge who told him he would be hanged within days unless he reconverted to Islam.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The moment you become a Muslim means you should stick to that religion. Attempt to convert to some other religion shows that you are a traitor and an infidel to Allah.

Defence lawyers have refused to represent him unless he reconverts, while others have dropped his case after being threatened.

What does the Koran say about converting to a different religion? Execution? Life in jail?

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Its like any other street gang that practices the blood in blood out mentality. Personally speaking the judge should be executed under Sharia law for being an idiot.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
From Source:

But Musa said he will abide by his Christian faith, even if he had to die for it.

"My body is theirs to do what they want with. Only God can decide if my spirit goes to hell," he said.

&

Defence lawyers have refused to represent him unless he reconverts, while others have dropped his case after being threatened.

So, there you go - both sides are confused as hell...another shining example of organized religion, and more than likely coming to a neighbor hood near you!

Yay - and these were porbably the moderates coming after him...

edit on 7-2-2011 by facelift because: point out source

edit on 7-2-2011 by facelift because: add quote and comment...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why is it that more people have and continue to die in the name of religion than anything else? I just can't comprehend it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dude, seriously, just pretend to convert back to Islam for long enough to save your life and blow that Popsicle stand. If Jesus doesn't give you some leeway even though you're being tortured and stuff, then he's a jerk and maybe you're better off in Tartarus.
edit on 7-2-2011 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Its Impossible to pretend.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
Dude, seriously, just pretend to convert back to Islam for long enough to save your life and blow that Popsicle stand. If Jesus doesn't give you some leeway even though you're being tortured and stuff, then he's a jerk and maybe you're better off in Tartarus.
edit on 7-2-2011 by gnosticquasar because: (no reason given)

Why not.. Sharia law allows muslims to lie in order to protect their religious beliefs.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Its Impossible to pretend.

Shibboleth

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Serious response here for a change.

The kind of Islam that will do this sort of thing is equivalent to the kind of Christianity that will kill a doctor while he is sitting in church during a service. Both of these are nuts. Doesn't matter which religion. Why? Satan loves messing with religion guys. When they cave to this bad boy they really take a hit and lots of people suffer as a result. Lesson? Don't make the mistake of thinking that Islam itself is to blame. Imagine Christianity if Leviticus was still obeyed. A small fraction of Muslims are this way. When religions misbehave Satan laughs his aaaasssssss off. And then we all get riled up and Satan laughs even more at our lack of understanding.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Sheesh, I like how they name the article "to be killed for being christian". Under the strict enforcement of sharia, it is apostasy that would warrant his death, irregardless of whatever the man's new faith is. Seems like an attempt to stir up more Christian pity, it's sickening on every side of organized religion.

This is just what happens when you let crazy people think they are undertaking a divine task, transcending all reality.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
PROPAGANDA!

what a laugh....this is more war mongering.

im not buying this religon aspect...seems kinda of zionish false newsish....they are recruiting for their war on the muslims

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I don't buy this.

If the man is an aid worker, he is surrounded by other aid workers from various countries and religions who will not allow him to be executed for his beliefs.

On the other hand, if it is true, may Jesus help him.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm no expert on the Qur'an but doesn't Allah himself say anyone who is islam and harms people who are not will never go to heaven? Doesn't it also say only Jesus (his prophet) can get them into heaven and must follow him? Yet they hate Christians? Like i said no expert but one of my muslim friends told me this.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
looks like multi culteralism is working better in afgan that here in the uk

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

It's pretty much not allowed. You're not supposed to deny His name, even if they crucify you or cut out your dick. Jesus Himself died rather than deny and live. If He would have denied He was the Son of God, He would have lived. What's smarter? Denying God and living for a finite amount of time but going to hell, or being tortured for a finite amount of time but not going to hell?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Horse crap. Its not illegal to be a Christian in Afghanistan. Its just not the best place to be if you happen to be one. What utter twaddle. Judges have nothing to do with it. Nutters do.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

Imagine Christianity if Leviticus was still obeyed.

some christians still cherrypick from leviticus

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Like I said, if Jesus is such a stickler that you can't have a little leeway to save your life and stop people from torturing you, then he's obviously a total jerk.

Seriously, though, my understanding of the Bible is that Jesus was schooling the pharisees again and again, trying to teach them to not take things so literally. I think this may be a situation where such a thing would apply...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuffed
Sheesh, I like how they name the article "to be killed for being christian". Under the strict enforcement of sharia, it is apostasy that would warrant his death, irregardless of whatever the man's new faith is. Seems like an attempt to stir up more Christian pity, it's sickening on every side of organized religion.

This is just what happens when you let crazy people think they are undertaking a divine task, transcending all reality.

Whats even better is under Islam, a person must freely choose to accept God. Forcing that belief on someone is supposedly forbidden. Then again we see how well they follow their own religous laws.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join