It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Jehovahs Witnesses are on to something!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
He set another parable before them, saying:

"The Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field, but while people slept, his enemy came and sowed darnel weeds also among the wheat, and went away. But when the blade sprang up and brought forth fruit, then the darnel weeds appeared also. The servants of the householder came and said to him, 'Sir, didn't you sow good seed in your field? Where did this darnel come from?'

"He said to them, 'An enemy has done this.'

"The servants asked him, 'Do you want us to go and gather them up?'

"But he said, 'No, lest perhaps while you gather up the darnel weeds, you root up the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest time I will tell the reapers, "First, gather up the darnel weeds, and bind them in bundles to burn them; but gather the wheat into my barn."

If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

The answer is really quite easy to understand; but do not over-burden yourself with analyzing something which is both known "so well." It is not needed or required. This is "simple truth," available to all who offer the explanation understanding with no confounding. To rationality, the statement needs no interpretation or explaining. It is what it is.

O you Christians, whose lives are good, you sigh and groan as being few among many, few among very many. The winter will pass away, the summer will come; lo! The harvest will soon be here. The angels will come who can make the separation, and who cannot make mistakes.

I tell you of a truth, my Beloved, even in these high seats there is both wheat, and tares, and among the laity there is wheat, and tares. Let the good tolerate the bad; let the bad change themselves, and imitate the good. Let us all, if it may be so, attain to God; let us all through His mercy escape the evil of this world.

Let us seek after good days, for we are now in evil days; but in the evil days let us not blaspheme, that so we may be able to arrive at the good days -- St. Augustine

A REQUIEM OF ETERNITY

With everything and potential pleases only brooding nothingness,
Waiting on expression, a thought, with inspiration as Divine?
A time, times, and half-a-time leaves witness to become being much,
Appreciating the universe in watching wishes on a star?
As the frame falls from the wall as it cracks as a run-of-time,
It never remains itself a former glory, neither fame.
A reference-point during moments, a reminder of forgotten dreams,
And to be forgotten in cold eons of perpetual restraint.
To wait for light at revelation’s remains against to which break,
To tear-down every point from which cord drew the portrait to hang Sublime?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
This is not off topic but a direct reply to your thread.

Jehovah Witnesses are taught the doctrine to not follow false prophets and that if any group makes a false claim they have to stop following. Watchtowers 1975 & 2000 proclaim to be year(s) of Rapture. Therefore, by being wrong not once but twice, Jehovah Witnesses shouldn't even exist anymore.

Just my 2 cents and the fact that I've attended sessions at a Kingdom Hall.

We are taught to flee from flase religion and false prophets. The Society does not claim to be a prophet.

As regards 1975, I know that it was strongly hinted at but the reality is that the witnesses were getting over excited, It was not a prophecy. Same thing happened in 1914, difference was something of great importance did happen then but not the end of this system. We don't know the day or the hour. And the year 2000? Never heard of that.

We don't believe in Rapture either.

edit on 8-2-2011 by iCreate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Hmm... it is hard to read a post praising J-Dubs without having a biased viewpoint. I was born into it, and brought up as one for 24 years. My dad was also an elder in the congregation so I had to be on my best behavior since I also represented him. I was disfellowshipped when someone found out I slept with my gf at the time and felt too guilty NOT to tell the elders on me. I lost all my "friends" overnight, and my father lost his position. To this day, I hardly get to see my parents or my sister. The entire organization is fear based, if you mess up and anyone knows about it you're screwed. I did not feel like I fit in or that I was an individual for my whole life in that group.

Charles Russell was also a mason, just check out his tombstone its creepy as hell. The organization is set up much like a company, with the "governing body" at the very top, making all the decisions. They make a ton of money every year, enough to open new Bethel branches and printing plants. So yeah, they're on to something alright, they could be a social experiment for the NWO.

I for one am trying not to be bitter when I feel like I'm starting life over after losing everything in my 20s. However, I am grateful for my new found freedom; I can't remember ever being so open minded and curious about the world. On this side of the fence I can clearly see the forest that I was living in. Out here may not be as black and white, but at least you can appreciate that the "truth" is grey.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Jehavah's Witnesses were members of the UN for well over a decade until the story broke. They are listed on the official UN website as members. However, The watchtower claims that only "conspiracy theorists" would see anything wrong with being associated with the UN. The watchtower's rebuttal of the whole U.N membership debacle reads like it came straight from a deceiver. Referring to those people who delve into facts as being conspiracy theorists is exactly what Fox News do when referring to 9/11 truthers.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Wow,so much ignorance on one page. For one,don't be deceived.There are many apostates and lies spread around about Jehovah Witnesses. Their the nicest people I ever met.Very honest and hard working.JWs live by bible standards. It is NOT an occult.It's an organization,there is a difference. If it was an occult,it would be secret,but it isn't secret. Everything that is mentioned in the bible is coming true. People are turning against religion now and soon JWs will be the only ones left and people will began to attack them.

I find it highly annoying when people expect JWs to be perfect. There's always a rotten apple in every batch.Noone is perfect and we all make mistakes.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DanUKphd
The Jehavah's Witnesses were members of the UN for well over a decade until the story broke. They are listed on the official UN website as members. However, The watchtower claims that only "conspiracy theorists" would see anything wrong with being associated with the UN. The watchtower's rebuttal of the whole U.N membership debacle reads like it came straight from a deceiver. Referring to those people who delve into facts as being conspiracy theorists is exactly what Fox News do when referring to 9/11 truthers.

If you are referring to the link I posted then you are delusional. It's not the Watchtower's rebuttal. It's simply someone who has gone and had a look at what an NGO actually is and posted his or her findings. It's not official whatsoever so please stop this nonsense.

Also, don't forget what website you are on when discussing this issue. Chances are, most of the members here believe in some sort of a conspiracy.

I'm going to highlight this point that you said:

Originally posted by DanUKphd Referring to those people who delve into facts as being conspiracy theorists is exactly what Fox News do when referring to 9/11 truthers

Again, it's not the Watchtowers rebuttal. And also, you say facts - it seems you didn't even bother reading the information provided because you didn't like the language used.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Has anyone heard of Be Wise as Serpents by Fritz Springmeier? It is really long, and very convoluted. It demolishes the Jehovahs witnesses. It goes into great detail about their origin, purpose, and practices. Goto page 228, or chapter 1.10. The book deals with the destruction of Christianity, and occult influences within institutionalized religions. He was arrested, and is now in prison. Who knows if he is guilty, or if his book is credible. It seemed like a good addition to this thread.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCreate

Jehovah Witnesses are taught the doctrine to not follow false prophets and that if any group makes a false claim they have to stop following. Watchtowers 1975 & 2000 proclaim to be year(s) of Rapture. Therefore, by being wrong not once but twice, Jehovah Witnesses shouldn't even exist anymore.

We are taught to flee from flase religion and false prophets. The Society does not claim to be a prophet.

As regards 1975, I know that it was strongly hinted at but the reality is that the witnesses were getting over excited, It was not a prophecy. Same thing happened in 1914, difference was something of great importance did happen then but not the end of this system. We don't know the day or the hour. And the year 2000? Never heard of that.

Don't you mean: "We don't believe in the rapture anymore?" Did you forget Charles T Russell and the bethel family sitting and waiting to be RAPTURED up in 1914?
edit on 8-2-2011 by Illumin Not I because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCreate

proph·et (prft)
n.
1. A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed.
2. A person gifted with profound moral insight and exceptional powers of expression.
3. A predictor; a soothsayer.
4. The chief spokesperson of a movement or cause.

Really, you are trying to convince us that the Society doesn't claim to be a prophet? Now who's being ignorant?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by iCreate

I've got this one. This was saved on my Myspace page. you can either find it at the UN website or hell just go to wikipedia.

What is an NGO?

A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a not-for-profit, voluntary citizens' group, which is organized on a local, national or international level to address issues in support of the public good. Task-oriented and made up of people with common interests, NGOs perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizens' concerns to governments, monitor policy and programme implementation, and encourage participation of civil society stakeholders at the community level. They provide analysis and expertise, serve as early warning mechanisms, and help monitor and implement international agreements. Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations (UN) system differs depending on their location and their mandate.

Criteria for association with DPI
What is an NGO?

A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a not-for-profit, voluntary citizens' group, which is organized on a local, national or international level to address issues in support of the public good. Task-oriented and made up of people with common interests, NGOs perform a variety of services and humanitarian functions, bring citizens' concerns to governments, monitor policy and programme implementation, and encourage participation of civil society stakeholders at the community level. They provide analysis and expertise, serve as early warning mechanisms, and help monitor and implement international agreements. Some are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, the environment or health. Their relationship with offices and agencies of the United Nations (UN) system differs depending on their location and their mandate.

Criteria for association with DPI

* the NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the UN and have a clear mission statement with those principles
* the NGO must be recognized nationally or internationally
* the NGO should operate solely on a not-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status
* the NGO must have the commitment and the means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents about UN activities
* the NGO should have an established record of continuity of work for a minimum of three years and should show promise of sustained activity in the future
* the NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN System prior to association
* the NGO should provide an audited annual financial statement, conducted by a qualified, independent accountant
* the NGO should have statutes/by-laws providing for a transparent process of making decisions, elections of officers and members

To learn more about how to become associated with DPI, please click here.

Evaluation and review process

Associated NGOs undergo a specifically designed evaluation and review process, which is two-fold.

1. The DPI Committee on NGOs, which decides on association and disassociation, meets twice a year, in June/July and December. The Committee reviews new applications and decides on the status of currently associated NGOs that no longer meet the criteria.

2. Every four years associated NGOs are required to submit:

* a completed evaluation form, which is sent to all associated NGOs at the beginning of the four year period
* a quadrennial report of their UN-related activities
* at least three samples of their UN-related information materials

The evaluation and review period from January 2002 to December 2005 is now in its final stages. In January 2006, the new evaluation form covering the period between January 2006 to December 2009, will be available online and sent to associated NGOs.
* the NGO must be recognized nationally or internationally
* the NGO should operate solely on a not-for-profit basis and have tax-exempt status
* the NGO must have the commitment and the means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents about UN activities
* the NGO should have an established record of continuity of work for a minimum of three years and should show promise of sustained activity in the future
* the NGO should have a satisfactory record of collaboration with UN Information Centres/Services or other parts of the UN System prior to association
* the NGO should provide an audited annual financial statement, conducted by a qualified, independent accountant
* the NGO should have statutes/by-laws providing for a transparent process of making decisions, elections of officers and members

To learn more about how to become associated with DPI, please click here.

Evaluation and review process

Associated NGOs undergo a specifically designed evaluation and review process, which is two-fold.

1. The DPI Committee on NGOs, which decides on association and disassociation, meets twice a year, in June/July and December. The Committee reviews new applications and decides on the status of currently associated NGOs that no longer meet the criteria.

2. Every four years associated NGOs are required to submit:

* a completed evaluation form, which is sent to all associated NGOs at the beginning of the four year period
* a quadrennial report of their UN-related activities
* at least three samples of their UN-related information materials

The evaluation and review period from January 2002 to December 2005 is now in its final stages. In January 2006, the new evaluation form covering the period between January 2006 to December 2009, will be available online and sent to associated NGOs.

I'm going to repeat this.
* the NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the UN and have a clear mission statement with those principles

How is it you still aren't getting it? And you guys call us the decievers!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I love how witnesses ignore the bible when it's convenient for them. We keep bringing up the JW's track record because: DETERMINING IF YOU'RE A FALSE RELIGION IS BASED ON YOUR "TRACK RECORD!"(Deut. 18:21,22). The only people who don't seem to get this are the witnesses. So Witnesses stop getting upset at us so called "Apostates"(I've still yet to see one of you post a scriptural definition of this)
for calling you on your B.S. That's what this site is all about. If you want to be angry, be angry at the bible for having clear definitions of what false prophets are. Or, be mad at the Society for tricking you into believing in a multi billion dollar corporate religion; or, for not writing a bible you can understand without their watchtower ad-libs,
The Organization has so many fallacies I can write a book about it, Oh wait, I don't need to write a book about it. Thousands of people already wrote books about it.

You coming into a site like ATS and promoting Pro-Witness propaganda is just like the CIA promoting MKUltra. You're knocking on all of our doors with this dogma that only you guys don't seem to know the history of, and believe me you don't want to knock on my door with this nonsense. I'm a Witness worse nightmare. "Ahhh he had so much proof... the- the fact's didn't stop... Jehovah help me...!
They tell tales at bethel around the campfire about when you come to my door.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Too right they're on to something! Do you know how much I forked out on Christmas presents last year?! They don't do birthdays either, do they?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Witness on the holidays, now I can go for that. Except thanksgiving I love to eat.
They don't like to eat though, they have memorial services where they pass food around and don't touch it

"We're saving this cracker for the chosen so you can look at it, don't touch it! I know you're hungry but Jehovah said NO! If it was up to me I'd do it. My hands are tied on this one..." Can you imagine what it's like to be a Somalian JW, Everyone's 144,000.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

i'm interested in your statement. have you posted something more detailed that you can point to me? or can you elaborate abit. thanks.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

I must've grown up with the exception to the rule. Italian Jehovah Witnesses love LOVE love to eat.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Post deleted...
edit on 8-2-2011 by lucidclouds because: too much ignorance

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes if anyone wants to read Fritz Springmeier's interview you can here:
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Having been brought up as a JW, I can honestly say that i've never been closer to God now that i'm reading the Bible without all of the other JW books and magazines you are expected to study. Its like they're trying to create a diversion - no don't read God's book, read THIS instead!

The bible clearly warns against 'sects' (which JW clearly are, if you look up the dictionary meaning) and that the only mediator between God and men is Jesus Christ. So it just depends on who you believe, God or them? I believe God...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Illumin Not I

I read somewhere that the not eating part was actually (unknown to most JWs) a Satanic ritual in which they are symbolically denying the body of Christ! That sounds like a plausible explanation, but I don't know if that's true or not...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Jehovah's witnesses are still a NGO with the UN and hence unlikely to be anti UN. They adamantly deny this....but just ring the UN and find out for yourself. They're still members.

Seeing their literature on a regular basis I can't help noticing that they are no longer calling the UN names but rather totally silent about them. Before they JOINED the UN as an NGO they were constantly calling the UN 'very bad things' in their mags.

The JWs themselves are largely, though in public well behaved, a rather deranged bunch often suffering from 'undefined illnesses' from unknown causes, with the highest rate of mental illness of nearly all religions. I will look for the quote from the psychiatrist who analiysed witnesses and his findings on them.

They have a tendency to claim god is about to destroy everyone who doesn't call on his name, Jehovah, who is also the god of the Freemasons......interesting that it is suspected that C T Russell was a Freemason and since their mags were originally called 'The Golden Age and Zion's Watchtower, they are suspiciously Freemasonic in origin, even though the know nothing of their past since they are discouraged from looking at old literature.

If they looked at old literature they would find that they had prophesised the End for 1914, the End for 1933, the 'End' for 1975, then definitely 'The End' before the year 2000 and are now crossing everything hoping for the End ............at some point.

They suffer greatly for Cognitive Dissonance, which you would have to if you were constantly going round telling everyone the End is coming................and it doesn't.

They are ignorant of the origins of their 'God' and his links with Baal and Moloch as they are not aware of the interchangeability of the names of Gods amongst ancient tribes.

So, as to their being 'onto something' , well, I wouldn't hold my breath.

I do know that they party really heavily on a Thursday evening at a local night club and are regularly barred from drinking spots for their bad behaviour...........but that tends to be the younger ones who have been told by their Elders that is what 'worldly' people do.

Yes. Sadly, we are 'worldly' people!

But, as I regularly say to my other half, after running into and unfortunately spending time with my family, who are ALL JWs.............I'd rather die (at their ever predicted Armageddon) than live forever with that bunch of crazy Kooks................no offence! Gotta luv em. They can't help it!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by timeoftheend

I believe this is a Gnostic Cult practice, of denying the body of Christ as a rejection of his being a man God.

Cannibalism goes back deep in human history, and was and might still be practiced in some places and eating the flesh of the man god and drinking his blood is only allowed amongst the JWs for the 144 000 who are supposed to be going to heaven.

By eating the flesh of the man god and drinking his blood, you become part of the man god.

JWs who are not going to heaven don't need to eat their Man God.

But I don't think they know this is a Gnostice and also part of the Satanic Black Mass, the rejection of the body of Christ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join