It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Here is video of Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin being challenged on Obama's Government Health Care Plan at a town hall meeting he held on the subject. A man in the audience challenged Cardin to explain why it was OK for the government to force an individual to have health insurance if they chose not to do so. In his case, he said he needed to use that money elsewhere. The man asked why he should be made to pay a $2500 a year fine for not having it.
Cardin made the ridiculous argument that if he did not have health care insurance and was injured, all the other taxpayers would wind up paying for him. It was a crazy argument because by adopting Obama's plan, Government would be assuming massive liability to provide health care coverage to far more people!
* Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)
* Voted YES on modifying bankruptcy rules to avoid mortgage foreclosures. (May 2009)
* Voted YES on additional $825 billion for economic recovery package. (Feb 2009)
* Voted YES on $60B stimulus package for jobs, infrastructure, & energy. (Sep 2008)
* Voted NO on paying down federal debt by rating programs' effectiveness. (Mar 2007)
* Voted NO on restricting bankruptcy rules. (Jan 2004)
* Reform mortgage rules to prevent foreclosure & bankruptcy. (Feb 2008)
* More enforcement of mortgage fraud and TARP fraud. (May 2009)
* Voted NO on cutting $221M in benefits to Filipinos who served in WWII US Army. (Apr 2008)
* Voted YES on requiring FISA court warrant to monitor US-to-foreign calls. (Feb 2008)
* Voted NO on removing need for FISA warrant for wiretapping abroad. (Aug 2007)
* Voted YES on limiting soldiers' deployment to 12 months. (Jul 2007)
* Voted YES on implementing the 9/11 Commission report. (Mar 2007)
* Voted NO on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)
* Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)
* Voted NO on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005)
* Voted YES on continuing military recruitment on college campuses. (Feb 2005)
* Voted YES on supporting new position of Director of National Intelligence. (Dec 2004)
* Voted YES on adopting the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission. (Oct 2004)
* Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003)
* Voted YES on permitting commercial airline pilots to carry guns. (Jul 2002)
* Voted YES on $266 billion Defense Appropriations bill. (Jul 1999)
* Voted YES on deploying SDI. (Mar 1999)
* Rated 100% by SANE, indicating a pro-peace voting record. (Dec 2003)
* Extend reserve retirement pay parity back to 9/11. (Dec 2007)
* Repeal Don't-Ask-Don't-Tell, and reinstate discharged gays. (Mar 2010)
* Restore habeas corpus for detainees in the War on Terror. (Jun 2007)
* Military spouses don't lose voting residency while abroad. (Feb 2009)