It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There was somone at work handing this out on Friday. Odd.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I will have to type out what is on the paper because I don't have a way to transfer a pic to this computer.

I was not at work on Friday but my boss was there and he saved this paper from the previous day that a guy was handing out in the club. My manager kept it because he knows I read all the topics mentioned on the paper and so does he and he thought I would find it funny. It's just some random quotes and a list. I wish I was there I would have loved to talk to this person to find out why he was there giving these out.

Ok so here is what it says.

I feel like black Jesus got his hands on me and guides me
through life to put me where I'm suppose to be" ~ Tupac Shakur

Role models today are not meant to be put on a pedestal
but more like angels with broken wings.
The meaning of my name literally.
Regionold Shorter

Advisor to the king, we all know who that is.
Mighty Counselor-Ruler same as the old name, Jesus.
Powerful ruler at this time now.

It is not

1. Barrack Obama
2. 2012
3. The Rapture
4. Money or gold
5. Israel
6. Russia
7. UFO's have a lot to do with man
United States (plays a very big part with the
Illuminati).
8. World War III
9. The Vatican

This is how it was typed although I tried to make it line up the way it does on the paper but this editor won't do it.

Anyway I just thought I'd share. I don't think anything of it just find it interesting someone would pass this out at a bar.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah I'm confuzed...

Seems that the pamphlet wants its readers to believe that Jesus was black...?
The other topics are just distractions?
I agree with the role model statement.
Society idolizes too many people now-a-days...

I'd want to talk about it with the person too.
Very intriguing.

edit on 7-2-2011 by havok because: Added lines

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I doubt its going to turn peopel going out drinking.

They must be targeting groups specifically, but from what i read above, i doubt its anything people will listen too.

On jesus thing, your not supposed to know what he looked like, thats the point of not looking upto humas an idol, but what he stood for. The way all people want to associate with jesus is bizarre and shows another human weakness.

On role models, no one should look upto anyone. They get energy from something else, lol, and your just feeding it, people do not understand they are feeding the idols energy. Just listen to people speak about there idols, and its like they see them as gods, when they are just anyone with some energy that trapped you in, lol.

edit on 2/7/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It seems interesting that someone would begin with a quote from Tupak and quite likely that the author is young and a rap fan. The rest of the message is pretty incoherent, but I'm no expert in idiomatic expressions prevalent among rappers and their fans. The list of "It is not" seems almost like a reassurance. My frank evaluation is that someone was off their meds and got a bit over-communicative. Could have something to do with the venue being a club (bar?)

ganjoa
edit on 7-2-2011 by ganjoa because: club/bar?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Yeah I'm confuzed...

Seems that the pamphlet wants its readers to believe that Jesus was black...?
The other topics are just distractions?
I agree with the role model statement.
Society idolizes too many people now-a-days...

I'd want to talk about it with the person too.
Very intriguing.

edit on 7-2-2011 by havok because: Added lines

Yeah when I read it I was like wth is this lol

My manager said he wished I was there too because he knew I would have picked this guys brain. I think it's funny how when someone mentions any one of these kinds of topics they all aways think of me lol I talk about alot of topics on ATS at work freely so if someone were in there with this I would have liked to talk to him to ask him a few questions.

It's just a piece of white printer paper and its printed out in a cursive font.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
It seems interesting that someone would begin with a quote from Tupak and quite likely that the author is young and a rap fan. The rest of the message is pretty incoherent, but I'm no expert in idiomatic expressions prevalent among rappers and their fans. The list of "It is not" seems almost like a reassurance. My frank evaluation is that someone was off their meds and got a bit over-communicative. Could have something to do with the venue being a bar.

ganjoa

I have no idea either. If I was there I could have asked questions, everyone else thought he was weird of course and didn't pay him any attention. He came in and handed the papers out to some people and from what I was told he left after that.

Yea i laughed when I saw Tupac as the first quote. I don't know anything about the guy who was handing them out.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

They must be targeting groups specifically, but from what i read above, i doubt its anything people will listen too.

On jesus thing, your not supposed to know what he looked like, thats the point of not looking upto humas an idol, but what he stood for. The way all people want to associate with jesus is bizarre and shows another human weakness.

On role models, no one should look upto anyone. They get energy from something else, lol, and your just feeding it, people do not understand they are feeding the idols energy. Just listen to people speak about there idols, and its like they see them as gods, when they are just anyone with some energy that trapped you in, lol.

One does not have to spend much time on ATS to spot the really special contributors.

Going into bars, whore houses, drug dens - this is what people of the cloth should be doing. Their churchs are already filled with people who have been 'saved'. Believers are supposed to go and show love to the sinners, to societies forgotten souls, in an attempt to bring them to salvation.

Role models are a good thing. This is how we grow, by aspiring to be more. Teachers, doctors, priests, parent - these are all Role Models. Younger children look to their elder brothers and sisters as role models.

False Idols are a different subject. Its okay for a young football player to want to be a great quarterback. It is not acceptable to worship at the feet of trash like Michael Vick. And why would a young football player worship something like M. Vick? Because they don't have proper role models in their life!

False Idols are, according to Catholicism, anything or anyone that takes away from the glory of God. That is why we see many people on televised awards shows giving thanks to God. Some of them are true believers humbling themselves before all; most of them are lying false-faces who want people to believe they are believers.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

No idea since I didn't see the guy. Yeah nobody listened, just laughed and tossed it away.

Well I have to agree here.

Agreed again!

I have been told I'm weird cause I don't have someone I look up to. I don't believe in that honestly. I want to be me not someone else.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

On role models, no one should look upto anyone.

In all due respect Andy, I'll have to disagree.
Only because I admire those who help themselves...i.e, my dad.
There is a huge line between role models and idols, IMO.

To respect and honor a person because of what they do is a good thing.
Now too idolize them...well that's wrong.

new topics

top topics

join