It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thorpe Park Bosses Move 'Haunted' Theme Park Ride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The Bosses at Thorpe Park in the UK have been forced to relocated one of its new rides , the Storm Surge had to be moved due to reports from workers of paranormal goings on .

Staff building the water ride at Thorpe Park said they had encounted several strange phenomena, including what appeared to be a headless monk. There were reports of objects being moved, workers feeling like someone was watching over their shoulders and sudden cold feelings being experienced.

Paranormal expert Jim Arnold, who carried out tests at the site, said: "Results were picked up immediately, with orbs, ghostly images in photography and ouija reaction results being strongest around the site where they were proposing to build Storm Surge. "The results were so strong we felt the only explanation could be that an ancient burial ground or settlement was being disturbed, prompting the extra paranormal activity."
uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well thats what happens when you upset the dead!!
I wouldn't want a big theme park ride built on my resting place.

Nice find
Wouldn't mind taking a visit there one day.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
They should build a haunted house on the site instead

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
this story was originally in the sun newspaper..

That was enough for me to completely ignore it..
edit on 7/2/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
This story is originally from the sun newspaper.. I would take it with a pinch of salt..

And there lies your answer folks... The infamous Sun newspaper.
Might as well close this thread down...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

I saw this story in the sun newspaper..

[/quote

I saw the story being aired on "DAY BREAK" ITV in UK

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

I saw this story in the sun newspaper..

[/quote

I saw the story being aired on "DAY BREAK" ITV in UK...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Grand Master

The sun would have run it on first edition at around 3-4 am this morning.. Long time before it was aired on daybreak or even run on yahoo..
Maybe it's ligit but any story I see printed in that crappy news Corp paper, I immediately discredit..

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There was a headless monk reported in Shepparton who was seen also in Chertsey, last seen 1940's. He left the Monastery to live with a local women, and he was beheaded for his efforts. His ghost apparently walks around headless near where the old farm was located (in Chertsey) still trying to escape his pursuers.

Chertsey is where Thorpe Park is.

Read it in a british forklore book...Make of it what you will

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragon33

A more reputable source for you

www.financenews.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
"Results were picked up immediately, with orbs, ghostly images in photography and ouija reaction results being strongest around the site where they were proposing to build Storm Surge. "The results were so strong we felt the only explanation could be that an ancient burial ground or settlement was being disturbed, prompting the extra paranormal activity."

Indeed, the ONLY EXPLANATION for "orbs" and photo anomalies and ouija board activity COULD BE the disturbing of an ancient burial ground.

I'm so glad we have a guy like this in charge, pinning down the case with an air-tight explanation.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Where do you think the Sun got the story from? Oh right a press release from Thorpe Park.

It's probably a publicity stunt, but at least the theme park went out of their way to go whole hog and get in an 'investigator'.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by maskfan

You're right about it being a publicity stunt. I spoke to friends today who have worked at Thorpe Parks for years and that's their opinion too. They'd never heard a thing about any haunting till the story broke in today's news, and they're finding it hilarious.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They'll probably just play off it for their Fright Nights at Haloween. "Now with real ghosts!"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
That's pretty amazing to be honest!!

new topics

top topics

join