It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Leave and don't look back,' masked gunmen tell freed prison inmates (Egypt)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

'Leave and don't look back,' masked gunmen tell freed prison inmates (Egypt)

www.almasryalyoum.com

Prisoners were not given any instructions except to “leave and don't look back.”

Those who set them free, he said, spoke Arabic with an Egyptian dialect.

Galal couldn’t explain how a bulldozer was able to travel all the way to Wadi al-Natroon unimpeded.

“All I cared about is that I was able to see my two young daughters," he said. "I’ll turn myself in and serve the rest of my sentence so the government will leave me alone afterward.”

Alaa (not his real name), in his early twenties, was serving a three-year sentence at Abu Zaabal prison in Cairo for attempted murder, since he had drawn a knife in a fight. He fled with other prisoners on Sunday, 30 January.

“There was a lot of shooting going on around the prison cells,” he said, recalling that the masked gunmen who released them had also used tear gas. “Who else in Egypt has tear gas except for the state security forces?”

edit on 7-2-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Just in case it was not obvious by now, here is further proof that the government freed the prisoners to cause mayhem. Deplorable isnt it? This is the government US loves so much and doesn't want to abandon? The police had their hands on all the Egyptian slums, and in a matter of days they easily got a million hired thugs to intimidate and attack all residents of cairo including reporters, as if that werent enough they had to free prisoners as well.

www.almasryalyoum.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
while i dont doubt the government had a hand in this how is two mens account of a masked guman telling them to leave and not look back proof that the government did it?
edit on 7/2/11 by moosevernel because: spellng

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

“After hearing gunshots, masked men with machine guns walked into the cells and told us to go home to our families…. or else they would shoot us,”

LOL why? What kind of unjust man is he? As far as the tear gas goes, those COULD have been stolen. Hell, they're stealing everything else. Then again, maybe not. we'll never know.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

Egypt is not America, there arent people running around with guns doing all kind of things. Organized crime is rare normally as well as terrorist activities.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
reply to post by Mizzijr

Egypt is not America, there arent people running around with guns doing all kind of things. Organized crime is rare normally as well as terrorist activities.

As i said i absolutely think the government did it but unfortunately this is not proof. Proof would be like the Police ID badges that were taken from pro mubarak protesters. But this article isnt proof the government had anything to do with the releasing of prisoners.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You would also think normally a "masked gunman" would only be interested in freeing his friends.

The teargas and bulldozer are suspicious also. From what I've seen, there are plenty of tanks around that would have no problem stopping it. And if you were cruising around in a bulldozer during times of rioting, I think at the least you would have been pulled up and questioned.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

The tanks you see spread around the place belong to the Egyptian Military. This is a totaly seperate force, with utterly different motivations and levels of public support. Its pretty clear that if a policeman attempted to take a tank , he would find himself all full of holes and loosing blood at a pretty rapid pace. The military and the police dont see eye to eye on alot of issues, and theres enough tension in that relationship that any percieved threat by the police would see the military flip into "gut the rozzers" mode with all due haste.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Reuters just posted this:

Former Egyptian Interior Minister Habib el-Adli has appeared before military prosecutors and could be charged with withdrawing security forces from the streets during the uprising, ordering live fire on protesters and releasing prisoners from jail, according to a security source who spoke to Reuters

live.reuters.com...

seems like the police did it to me. Has this ever happened to a country before? If these events where in a movie I wouldn't believe it.

top topics

join