It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone notice the pre-game message about the Declaration of Independence?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Also worth noting...

The coming lockout in the NFL...

I can't remember who it was off-hand, but I'll try to find the clip of one of the pre-game shows, probably on Fox...

In any case, it was talked about as billionaires fighting against millionaires and that the billionaires have been "saving for a long time" and "have plenty of extra money to sit this out". I found this to be an interesting comment in light of current events. Perhaps the billionaires know what's coming and the millionaires don't? They said the lockout is highly likely if there is not an agreement by March. This, along with the Bilderberg meeting in DC in April, I get the impression something is brewing.

~Namaste

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pagan_nightAmericans have a right to overthrow their OWN government if they feel it is getting too oppresive. That is one of the rights guaranteed by our Declaration of Independance.

Oh really? We still have that right, eh? I dare you to actually try to organize one. It doesn't even matter if you're serious about it or not, just go on the internet and make specific plans to (not specifically violently) overthrow even your Mayor----and we'll see how long it takes you to get arrested. You do NOT have the right to overthrow your government any more. You don't even have the right to PLAN to do it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom goose
reply to post by muzzleflash

If i was GB i would have something to say about your declaration kinda like "get over it" but I'm canadian so i can understand where it comes from.

Wow you must be from Central Canada because that seems to be the stereotypical crap they feed the kids out there, living in Alberta we understand that it's better not to feed from the gov't whore's teet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
How does the "right to overthrow our government" still apply today when Sedition is illegal? You're not even allowed to talk about actionable plans to overthrow the government, nor encourage others to do so specifically. Sedition

And yes, they do prosecute people for this. Smith Act

Correct me if I got this wrong here.

But the Smith Act works through the UCMJ correct?

Therefore it only applies to government employees and military personnel?

Forgive me if my brief research is incomplete, but it would greatly help me on resolving this conflict by having the blanks filled in. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join