It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamins to be made ILLEGAL as of May 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomzilla

A variance of anything is openly available through various means. You may feel socially awkward asking somebody who looks like a miscreant if he has any weed, but you'd be very suprised. Even the higher class looking people, in the right place at the right time, have the things you want. It's all about how you handle yourself, psych 101 imho. Drugs will always be in the USA. The only thing that will change is the means of getting them. The goverment cannot stop the want of the people, the need of the people. The government can only try, but they cannot change this, they never will.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Water soluble vitamins are subject to a threshold that your kidneys monitor and excrete from the body thru urine. Fat soluble vitamins are processed through the liver and residual levels can build up in your blood if taken in imporoper dosages. Blood test monitoring is required when taking many of the fat soluble vitamins. Example, Vitamin C is normal used in a water soluble medium and is excreted easily through the kidneys once the body;s threshold is hit (as monitored by the kidneys (as seen in vitamins supplements). Vitamin A is more often delivered as a fat soluble vitamin to treat medical problems like acne. This formulation can build up "toxic" levels in your blood and tissues and cause organ damage and failure.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
We shouldn't have to reply on vitamins in the first place. This is the problem with us, we rely waaay too much on manmade things. Just replenish yourself with natural earth made foods and of course the twice a week pizza or burgers
Ha But I agree, this is insane. Some people like my father who has cystic fibrosis and recently doesnt have insurance, needs the extra boost from the vitamins. I also have about 7 bottles stocked for a disaster because food will im sure be extremely low or extremely high priced. Is it me or is all these bannings happening fast??

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

It's not the FDA that hasn't done their homework, but the Vitamin distributors not giving their homework to the FDA.

I agree that some quality control is important, but placing the burned of proof onto small suppliers for ingredients that have been in the market place for a very long time is not reasonable. Even if these suppliers pay there 200k fee for there home work, it is only one small study. It takes many studies to build up an accurate picture and determine the cost / benefit factors to the the whole community. The whole things comes across more as big business trying to squeeze out the competition with small and medium business than a search for science and the public benefit.

reply to post by ZacharyPonders

We're allowing objects of misuse to be banned from us, because we misuse them. Don't blame the government for the actions they're needing to take. You need only blame yourselves.

Have you ever made a mistake? Gone over the speed limit in a car? Cut yourself using a knife? We need some common sense and balance of risk before we end up banning people.

reply to post by sir_slide

Thanks for the link, the problem looks to be with the European Court of Justice interpretation of the Food Supplements Directive. It is sad for them to approve these measures despite the court's own Advocate-General advising that the Directive was invalid under EU law. One glimmer of hope is that they ruled that the burden of proof should shift from those seeking approval to those seeking to ban a product.

The whole process looks to be in a bit of a mess with no one really sure or certain what is going on. It does take a very long time to work out all the factors and health benefits of the different foods amongst different people. To set one date in the near future for everyone to have all their proof on all their health supplements is unreasonable. The Strawberry has about 5000 different compounds, all with different effects amongst different people. It takes time to work through all the information and to push laws like this through is just an attack on business and culture.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

you are absolutly right- we shouldnt have to rely on vitamins, problem is our food supply is total crap due to GM this and that. This has been lurking for quite some time now under the name codex alimentarius. From what I understand germany is way ahead of others in the banning of herbs and vitamins due to this "food code"

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Pick up and read the lable on your next box of cerial or just about any processed food and see how many vitamins and minerals have been added. Along with your daily suppliments people have little idea of how much of these chemicals they are ingesting. Where do the companies get these additives and why do they put over 100% of your daily need for them in foods and drinks?
Spike

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Ah, the joys of Codex Alimentarius.

They want to nutritionally starve us. Already, food stamp recipients cannot buy supplements with their stamps (making the "effort to provide nutition" a lie as a reason for having food stamps). Now they want to take this away from us.

Evil is afoot.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Thanks, never heard (he he ) of the Codex Alimentarius. Very interesting ! More reading for me.
spike

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I worked at a Vitamin and OTC Drug manufacturer plant in NJ years ago. They did private labeling bottling for other companies, and sold finished product in bulk to bottlers for labeling.

Back then I learned that Mail Order vitamin companies in the USA were not held to the same standards of those who had their product in local stores. That is why some mail order vitamins were much cheaper than local store prices. They made an inferior product and passed the savings on to you. But the good health part got lost along the way.

You do not need much in the way of permits or knowledge to press and package vitamins & supplements yourself. It has only been for the last few years that Uncle Sam cracked down on who could buy medical related equipment. A used tablet compression machine is only a few thousand dollars, but the actual dies get expensive.

So if you do care about your health and use vitamins & supplements, please take the time to educate yourself on who is making them and where.

And never buy the "not approved by the FDA" items sold on TV. Its bad enough what Uncle Sam will let us consume. The stuff that is not even tested is of snake oil quality just like the charlatans sold in the 1800's.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well, those of you in the UK would do well to riot right about now. I am not kidding, organize and demand this to be shut down...that is insanity at its finest.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Currently there is no regulation on quality or consistency of these herbal supplements. You might get 1000mg in one dose and 10mg in the next dose. It is impossible for a consumer to look at several competing brands and know which brand is made to pharmaceutical standards and which brand was whipped up in someone's garage.

I am a huge fan of herbal medicine, but I don't see anything wrong with regulating the industry for quality assurance. There are allergy issues, and possibilites for accidental overdose.

Some say the incident that got ephedrine banned was really a case of a supplement having poor quality control. The batch that resulted in the death of the Oriole's pitcher had pills that ranged from 5mg to 500mg.

I don't see any issue with regulating the industry like all other food and drug industries are regulated. As consumers, we expect a certain amount of consistency from products we buy.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Its bad enough what Uncle Sam will let us consume.

That sentence is indicative of true ignorance regarding freedom and liberty here in America. What good ol' Uncle Samn will "let us" consume? I CAN CONSUME WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT. If you want it to be that way, how about all the crap in the water, the 100,000 deaths a year from LEGAL and properly used drugs, the crap in the food? Why not talk about that? As much as I HATE all of that garbage, aside from the water, I think they have the right to sell it...it is up to us not to buy it. The water is public and should not be treated with anything other than purifying agents.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
We shouldn't have to reply on vitamins in the first place.

Come spend a winter in Canada, you'll quickly realize that with all the night and cold indoor times you need suplimental vitamin D. The gov't puts it in milk because they know we are all short. The only food that naturally has vitamin D even in small amounts is seal blubber.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
Too funny... A few months back and healthcare everyone was afraid the gov would force them to take Vitamins.. Now you are all scared they will take them away..

Wake up! Let me spell it out for you - We don't want either!!! We don't want TBTB forcing us to consume anything nor do we want to be told what we cant consume! GET IT?

The say ignorance is bliss - I guess that explains why you think it's funny!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!!!

This thread is about Vitamins.
Further references to illegal drugs will be warned and removed.

Please read the following:

UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites

The SUSPENSION of the discussion of illicit drugs/mind altering substances on ATS (The experiment failed)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

<< 1  2    4 >>

join