It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vitamins to be made ILLEGAL as of May 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I could not believe this when I was told. Now we have a push to make vitamins illegal, with only doctors and the such being able to access/prescribe them. It seems way way way out there! But in my opinion it is a push from the pharmaceutical companies, and it may also be a way to reduce general nutrition in the populace, for reasons that revolve around population reduction.

Apparently the laws have been put in place, we're talking about medicinal plants being illegal, classified as drugs etc, this is ridiculous, we cannot lie down and take this.

I think this is one of the next steps in the plan.

unhypnotize.com...
www.thehealthierlife.co.uk...
www.streetdirectory.com...

There must be more out there on this, so if members can track down more articles about this, please post!!
I can't seem to find much more on it, although I believe it is VERY real.
edit on 6-2-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Although I don't think this is going to end supplement companies like GNC, I think it will make it much easier to shutdown effective natural supplements so the pharmeceutical overlords can patent them and monopolize the industry....

Originally posted by sir_slide
I could not believe this when I was told. Now we have a push to make vitamins illegal, with only doctors and the such being able to access/prescribe them. It seems way way way out there! But in my opinion it is a push from the pharmaceutical companies, and it may also be a way to reduce general nutrition in the populace, for reasons that revolve around population reduction.

Apparently the laws have been put in place, we're talking about medicinal plants being illegal, classified as drugs etc, this is ridiculous, we cannot lie down and take this.

I think this is one of the next steps in the plan.

unhypnotize.com...
www.thehealthierlife.co.uk...
www.streetdirectory.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Another clue is provided by the fact that the big drug companies have welcomed the ban. Well, they would, wouldn't they? They say customers will notice little difference as most of their products will be on sale as usual.
They win both ways. Competition from sophisticated alternative medicines will be greatly reduced and they will be well-placed to dominate any residual market for the supplements, as smaller firms are forced out of business.
And what are we to make of this Government, which refuses to take adequate action on known perils like salt and fat in foods on the grounds that people have the right to decide what they consume, so long as they do not harm others?
Is it just being illogical in taking the opposite view over vitamins and minerals? Or is it being consistent in promoting the profits of giant food and drugs companies over the health of the people it is supposed to represent?
The answer seems inescapable, and disgraceful. And there is worse to come. For this is just the start of an EU bid to get rid of most alternative medicines; a similar ban on herbal pills is in the pipeline.

www.thenhf.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I’m not brilliant on such matters, but I thought that your body only absorbs what it needs and that the body release what it doesn’t need through your urine.

To me it sound like a witch hunt.
It won’t be long and we will have to visit back yard herbalist and natural therapists .

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

contraband ,,,,, VITAMINS?

the first multivitamin is free...?

pushers selling Flintstones chew-ables to out children...

what is this world coming to..

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
When there are laws that state ONLY man made pharmaceuticals can cure/treat ailments then this was only a matter of time. Ever wonder why Honey Nut Cheerios changed their box? Because they broke the law by saying that their cereal would decrease cholesterol, because only a man made product could do that.

I do not recall what the law specifically says and I cant find it right now, but several years ago I did see such a thing. I will keep looking.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This does not apply to the USA, we have guns.

UK is the police-state guinea pig. I cite the CCTV cameras and the weird monarchy-thing.

If vitamins really do get outlawed, will we see revolt or complacency?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I love that sentiment, I am not usually a gun enthusiast, although you must thank that ammendment when it comes to matters like these, I just cant see citizines of the US to lay down and take this, although on the other hand they are prepared for this, the camps etc. So then there is the question, will people act before it is too late? Are we already so passivized that we will fail to act? What do you think the reaction will be from US citizens??

I imagine that if peoples families start getting sick, children passing due to poor nutrition and preventable illness, this will cause the parents of america to get very angry, and DO SOMETHING.

What do others think???

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

certainly. This is what I've been told, if big business controls HEALTH then GOD HELP US. It is well established that corporations like the pharmaceutical companies are only interested in profit, so having them control the general health of the populations is a move that will devastate millions. Something needs to be done, I am trying to spread this as far as I can.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It is the end of medical claims being made by supplement companies. It is not the end of vitamins and supplements. You just can't say vitamin D cures cancer without the scientific proof. You can still sell or buy vitamin d.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I’m not brilliant on such matters, but I thought that your body only absorbs what it needs and that the body release what it doesn’t need through your urine.

That's not accurate. Vitamin toxicity/overdose can cause anything from upset stomach to death. Too much vitamin D can cause abnormal heart beating and drain your body of other vitamins. Too much vitamin C sucks the iron out of you and cause cause bowel problems and hair/nail issues.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Your home garden is now outlawed, when BP mess up the government protects them over the population, let alone the 9/11 scam, you are force fed GM crap through the food chain, vitamins is just one more step. Can you not see humans are getting outlawed? Or has too much fluoride in the water seized up your brain? How many people support these government decisions? 1-5% maybe. Democracy died a long time ago, now you are just waiting for the tv to get switched off to get everyone rounded up.

Yes too many vitamins can kill you, but so can drinking too much water. Are they going to ban that next unless it is pre approved polluted?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
WTF...that will make the price of vitamins skyrocket!
Drug dealers will start offering vitamins on the street.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
WTF...that will make the price of vitamins skyrocket!
Drug dealers will start offering vitamins on the street.

No, not at all.

The "twist" in this article that relates to banning vitamins is that it's not the vitamins themselves being banned, just the vitamins that are sold with claims of curing some forms of diseases when the FDA has not verified it to be accurate.

The thing is, nearly all vitamins have a claim on them, from "*Promotes Healthy Joints" to "*Makes your Skin and Nails Beautiful".. and around the back of the bottle is:

"* These Statements have not been evaluated by the FDA"

It's your traditional FINE PRINT.

So, you can see that the problem is this: They can put ANY CLAIM AT ALL on the bottle, as long as they have the fine print in the back.

All that is going to happen in May 2011 is that these claims will be banned, and of course, any vitamin bottles with these types of claims.

The only thing that is going to happen in reality is that there will no longer be claims on the bottle. You'll have to do your own research regarding vitamin supplements.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

To me it sound like a witch hunt.
It won’t be long and we will have to visit back yard herbalist and natural therapists .

You are correct. Most supplements and natural medicine is used as needed and what isn't used is flushed out by the kidneys. One has to drink their water, most do not...water is the key.

BTW, back yard herbalists and natural therapists actually may surprise you. They know more than what most people think they do...and we promise we won't paint our faces, dread our hair and dance around a fire, if you don't want us to...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
...and it may also be a way to reduce general nutrition in the populace, for reasons that revolve around population reduction.

Or reasons that revolve around profit. Lots of money in sick people.

I think a medical industry that makes billions of dollars profit is a conflict of interest. But most don't see that.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

The "twist" in this article that relates to banning vitamins is that it's not the vitamins themselves being banned, just the vitamins that are sold with claims of curing some forms of diseases when the FDA has not verified it to be accurate.

There are about 1.4 Million records on goggle scholar for 'vitamins'. So since the FDA has not done any homework it justifies restrictions? When vitamins first came out there where a lot of studies supporting their benefit, what changed? I have not come across any studies indicating that the cost / benefit may not be adding up like with vaccinations.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Thats what i was thinking, people who grow medicinal plants and the such will be prosecuted like drug dealers, this truly is starting to make sense.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I wonder how the justification for the law will work, I mean cigarettes are still readily available, same with alcohol, so how is it logicval to ban heath products that PROMOTE life in human beings, when these others kills loads and loads of people by the day. I guess keep us fat, drunk, smoked up, and watching the telly, we stand no chance.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The trend is for tighter control and monitoring of EVERY FACET of YOUR LIVES!
Do you want this to continue?
Are you,at the end of your rope with the Goverments incessant prying into your private life?
Is it becomming obvious to you that there is a corporate agenda which is being driven over the reightss and freedoms we all believe in?
The truth is a tough tak master....when we know the truth, it then becomes our duty to everyone else to spread the information as well as fight for it.
The goverments have grown disconnected from their people.They work for the good of the corporate sponsors of their political campaigns.
The very first order of business if to outlaw corporate political contributions totally.
The second order of business is to fire the Fed.
The third order is to disband the Homeland Security forces.
We need to go back a step or wo, before we advance any further into totalitarian rule.
We all need to get ready for the revolution which will sweep these corporate giants from the earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join