It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is a non issue.

If you don't like what a private company is doing, then vote with your feet and wallet.

Your morals are not greater than their morals. And you cannot legislate them out of existance or legislate their morals away.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I said a patron has a right to know about the place they are patronizing. I didn't say they have a right to dictate how that place runs.

...heres your exact quote below...

Previously posted by Byteman
A gay person has a right to know if the money they are paying for food will go to anti-gay causes.

...its my belief that no citizen has that legal right... if i'm wrong, state the law that gives citizens the right to know who a business donates to...

Originally posted by Byteman
Nothing I said mentioned patrons dictating how a business is run, or dictating who it donates to.
Boycott a business does not equal "dictating" how a place is run

...fair enough...

...boycotting or running an info campaign is just attempting to dictate how the business is run...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Gseven
If you don't like what their business stands for, good on ya. Don't eat there. Plain and simple. Go buy some Doritos. Fair enough?

Oh - you mean I can boycott them - - and go somewhere else?

Well sure, but you missed what I was getting at. I don't think your argument is about equal rights at all, because if that were the case, then you'd have no problem with what Chik-fil-A does with their donations.

It's your right to feel how you choose....nobody is arguing that. I simply am pointing out the contradiction in the argument and the choice of words. You DISAGREE with their stance based on your belief system, but it really has nothing to do with equal rights. Fair enough? I have nothing more to add, that's it. I love Chik-fil-A, and their waffle fries are awesome. Do they buy from animal farms? I don't know....that's interesting though. I do know they have a Bible verse reference on the bottom on their cups....or maybe that's In-n-Out, I don't remember.

For me, that's kind of cool. I don't mind knowing exactly where someone stands, whether I agree with it or not. I don't have to guess, and I feel comforted in knowing how that company operates, regardless if they donate to Christian groups, pro-gay groups, animal rights groups, or under water basket weaving groups. Does it matter really? Since when do we all have to have the same opinions about everything in order to do something as simple as buying a sandwich and fries?

I just think there comes a point in time where it gets to be too much....pushing opinions get to be too much...pushing equal rights get to be too much. Just live and let live, for Pete's sake. You're free to shop wherever you want, and if you open a business, you can donate whatever you want to gay groups. Is it even worth arguing about? No. But here it is....pages of arguments about the same old, same old gay issues.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked
Annee, you may be 65 yadah yadah yadeh, but if you like it or not, marriage started out as a religious thing, . .

First off I did not make a big deal about a pastor at a church I go to as being a Lesbian. Its just a fact - and I was responding to your post (I think it was your post). I haven't been there in a year and a half.

I'm really not going to get into a discussion of religion. Shall we discuss the Mark of Ham to justify prejudice against Blacks. Multiple wives and concubines.

Should Atheists not be allowed to marry because they aren't religious?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Oh look, more side-stepping. This foray into my second post to you doesn't in any way mean you've fully addressed the first one. The post that shows exactly how you fancifully re-imagined (lied) the contents of the article.

Oh look, here it is...
reply to post by Byteman

Why don't you show where in the OP's linked article the gays complain about not getting donations?
Like you claim.

Why don't you show where in the OP's linked article the gays complain about being victims?
Like you claim.

Why don't you show where in the OP's linked article the gays ordered Chick-fil-A to stop donating to anti-gay organizations?
Like you claim.

The only one failing to read properly is yourself. The OP's article claimed none of these thing, but you claim it did in this post....

reply to post by adifferentbreed

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Wel, as a corporation, they are free to donate to those that they wish to. Of course the people not donated to feel offended that it went to those opposed to them, and as such they will play the victim card as usual.............nothing to see here, judst a person running his business the way he wants to, while people try and tell him to do otherwise because they are offended.

Anyways, as to the rest of your diatribe....

Lied? Reading comp would go along way troll.

Why don't you precisely demonstrate how I've failed to comprehend something?
Your post I re-quoted speaks for itself when compared to the OP's linked article.

fact is the usual suspects have to turn any imagined slight......and yes that is subjective.....into another OMG they are bashing gays thread.

You aren't really capable of slighting me. All you do is lackadaisically respond to the last 1% of my posts, and then imply that "your side" is being attacked. The only person being OMG ridiculous is you and your overblown misinterpretation of posts and linked articles.

The world doesn't revolve around homosexuals, never will, nor should it................they don't want equality, they want special treatment. It's not even worth discussing as the homosexual supporters will beat this thread to death glad handing each other with nothing but snide comments for those who dare to disagree, happens weekly on here................enjoy your little tirade.

I never said the world should revolve around homosexuality.
Why are you trying to bring it up, as if I said something to that effect?

They want?
Is there some single homosexual who speaks for them all and said this?
Or did you interview every homosexual on the planet to learn this?
Or are you making it up from your imagination? (also known as a lie)

I don't remember glad-handing anyone else in this thread, care to point that out?
After all, you are..again...mentioning it as if I did it.

What Tirade?
I've pointed out what you said, quoted it, and then responded with my observations.
You call that a tirade? LOL
Your "make it up as I go" rants are far more fitting of that description.

Frankly, there are better things to discuss than whether homosexuals should eat at a chicken place, who gasp, donates food to normal people.

Yeah, it's too late to pull the "i'm to good for all this" act. You are a full participant and even left and came back. LOL

As far as the lying thing, should I point out the obvious one you told about me and religion, or was that just an oversight because you're too damn stupid to look at someones profile before shooting off an absolutely ridiculous idea like that?

If you think I lied about you somehow, then quote it and link the original post the quote is from. I'll respond to it.
Otherwise, it's just more hot-wind and fanciful re-imaginings (lies) from you.

I don't go looking at profiles, I don't care what they say. I only respond to your own words in your posts. If they contradict each other, then that is YOUR failing.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You attend a church with a female pastor?

Who is a lesbian?

This is starting to come together now . . .

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You DISAGREE with their stance based on your belief system, but it really has nothing to do with equal rights. Fair enough? I have nothing more to add, that's it.

You're wrong - - its about Equal Rights.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
reply to post by Annee

You attend a church with a female pastor?

Who is a lesbian?

This is starting to come together now . . .

It has nothing to do with anything - - in regards to this subject. Other then I responded to a post - and it seemed to fit that particular post.

I was raised in the Religious Science church - - which is now called the church of Spiritual Living. That church where I live now - just happens to have a Lesbian pastor.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

...heres your exact quote below...

Yes, I said the same thing in a slightly different way.

So what?

...its my belief that no citizen has that legal right... if i'm wrong, state the law that gives citizens the right to know who a business donates to...

People have the right to peacefully protest.

If Chick-fil-A was hiding it's anti-gay stance while taking the gay's money.
They denied the gay's the right to protest anti-gay groups by withholding money.

...fair enough... ...boycotting or running an info campaign is just attempting to dictate how the business is run...

Then you don't understand the definition of boycott, news reporting (what you call "info campaign"), or dictate.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wait.

So it is not okay for a privately company to spend their money as they see fit, and to stick it to them, you are going to spend your money as you see fit?

Hypocrite much?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Whose a hypocrite?
I'm not taking gay peoples money, and then funding anti-gay organizations.

BTW using the hypocrite defense for a corp that claims to be Christian, but violates Christs words, is hilarious.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You DISAGREE with their stance based on your belief system, but it really has nothing to do with equal rights. Fair enough? I have nothing more to add, that's it.

And again, I think you argue just for the sake of arguing, and you don't seem to care how illogical or obtuse your reasoning is.

You cannot tell a person what they can and can't do with their money, no matter how many arguments you involve yourself in. This is a RIGHT we all have. Your inability and refusal to empathize in the shoes of another is very telling. Just because you've repeatedly (and viciously) shown you can champion the rights of gays (which you say you're not one, yet you know a lot of them, worked with them, attend their church, and listen to their sermons), does not mean you are a proponent of equal rights. You are a champion for a cause that isn't even your own, (which still has me baffled), but it has nothing to do with equal rights. You're a walking, talking, breathing plethora of contradictions.

So by your same logic, we will assume you'll be donating money to all your local Christian groups, right? I mean, equal rights are equal rights, right? You can't expect Chick-fil-A to do what you yourself aren't willing to do. To expect any less is not an equal right but a dictatorship. You want what you want and to hell with everyone else who doesn't agree with you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Reply to post by Byteman

The hypocrisy is in saying that X should not use their money as they see fit, so Y is going to use their money as they see fit to show that X is wrong.

Idiocy at its finest.

Oh, and it is painfully obvious that they are a Christian valued restaurant, so they gay people should know that OBVIOISLY, the company would not support their agenda.

Common sense here.

As for them supporting their Christian values … how are they not?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

And again, I think you argue just for the sake of arguing, and you don't seem to care how illogical or obtuse your reasoning is.

You cannot tell a person what they can and can't do with their money, no matter how many arguments you involve yourself in. This is a RIGHT we all have. Your inability and refusal to empathize in the shoes of another is very telling. Just because you've repeatedly (and viciously) shown you can champion the rights of gays (which you say you're not one, yet you know a lot of them, worked with them, attend their church, and listen to their sermons), does not mean you are a proponent of equal rights. You are a champion for a cause that isn't even your own, (which still has me baffled), but it has nothing to do with equal rights. You're a walking, talking, breathing plethora of contradictions.

Drama much?

Sorry - - but everything you are saying is coming out of your own mind. And has nothing to do with me.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Sooty about my spelling. My phone is dumb sometimes.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Lemon.Fresh made an OUTSTANDING point, so I'm going to repeat it....

Wait. So it is not okay for a privately company to spend their money as they see fit, and to stick it to them, you are going to spend your money as you see fit? Hypocrite much?

Let's dissect this for a moment, Annie....by your logic, if we were to treat you the same way that you think Chick-fil-A should be treated, then we should be crying foul and insisting that you DO patronize them, telling YOU that you are violating equal rights. Who the heck are you to take your money elsewhere based on such divisive and prejudiced ideals? How dare you!
(Are you getting the contradiction of your logic yet?) How would you like it if someone forced you spend your money there? Not a happy thought, huh? Yeah....I'm sure Chick-fil-A feels the same way about what you're suggesting.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Lemon.Fresh made an OUTSTANDING point, so I'm going to repeat it....

Wait. So it is not okay for a privately company to spend their money as they see fit, and to stick it to them, you are going to spend your money as you see fit? Hypocrite much?

Let's dissect this for a moment, Annie....by your logic, if we were to treat you the same way that you think Chick-fil-A should be treated, then we should be crying foul and insisting that you DO patronize them, telling YOU that you are violating equal rights. Who the heck are you to take your money elsewhere based on such divisive and prejudiced ideals? How dare you!
(Are you getting the contradiction of your logic yet?) How would you like it if someone forced you spend your money there? Not a happy thought, huh? Yeah....I'm sure Chick-fil-A feels the same way about what you're suggesting.

And just how did I say Chick-Fil-A should be treated?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Drama much?

Sorry - - but everything you are saying is coming out of your own mind. And has nothing to do with me.

No seasoned elderly person I know would ever respond with such a childish statement as that. Is that seriously the best thought you can respond with? Nice deflection tactic. Try turning that mirror around once in a while...90% of the "drama" I see on these boards in relation to gay issues, has your posts all over them, stirring the crap six ways to Sunday.

I've got your number, Annie....you duck tail and run off with childish statements like this when someone has you cornered and you can't argue your way out of it. I don't, for one second, believe you are who you say you are, but that's beside the point. There is a flaw in your logic, and it's been repeatedly pointed out to you. Take it or leave it, I could care less, but for Pete's sake, you're disfiguring the face of the cause you believe in so much.

Equal rights is not an excuse for hypocrisy, no matter what you choose to call it.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

Tell me how two consenting adults of the same sex getting married affects you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Reply to post by Annee

It affects me none.

Now tell us how you can be a hypocrite with a straight (no pun intended) face.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join