It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick-fil-A controversy shines light on restaurant's Christian DNA

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
I simply believe that the owners of Chik-Fil-A should be able to keep that personal information private

...thats really what it comes down to - equality, respect for other people's choices and privacy... do i have a right to know who businesses donate their money to?... no and i like it that way because i would not like the alternative being applied to me... the politics of chik-fil-a is bigoted, imo, but they shouldnt have to change to suit me or anyone else...

...on another note - imo, this thread is a good example of ----
solusipse.edublogs.org...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Never mind what organisations this company donates to, or what methods of farming they use, the most justifiable reason to boycott this joint is because of its absolutely ridiculous name.

Chick-fil-A ? What ?! At least the name ''Burger King'' makes some kind of sense, whereas this place sounds like it was named by a 5-year-old.

Outrageous !

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

They serve delicious chicken though.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Not to me! This may also play a relevant part on the whole controversy.

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by charles1952
I understand that Annee has beliefs concerning the role of gays in marriage.

Hold it! Beliefs concerning the role of gays in marriage? There is no Belief in gay marriage.

Two consenting adults joining together in a legal government contract to protect rights and property is called "Marriage License". That is not a belief. Religion should have nothing to say about it.

I never made any mention of me donating money to anyone.

Let's get it straight. If a corporation chooses to politically fund ANY discrimination agenda - - they set themselves up - - to be held accountable.

what?
of course it is a belief.
You want to take a religious institution that was so common that it was used to encat laws that promoted family development.
This religious institution is called marriage.
It has ALWAYS been defined as a covenant between 1 man, 1 woman and God.
You have a belief in changing this.
It is all based on belief.
You even believe you can change the meaning to suit your own selfish reasonings.
Every one of your posts is only based on your beliefs. In fact, mosyt of your sources are false and infactual leaving you even more relyant on your "beliefs"

You say in 1 post that it isn't about gay marriage but a boycott by you but then your next 5 posts are promoting gay marriage

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Gseven

Tell me how two consenting adults of the same sex getting married affects you.

if you can tell me how chick-fil-a supporting a strong biblical marriage affects you

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

if you can tell me how chick-fil-a supporting a strong biblical marriage affects you

Actually I don't think Chick fil a is all that concerned about the "message" I think that their "message" is just a very clever marketing strategy and the chumps are eating it up. Sorry about the silly metaphor.

A brilliant marketing strategy with a targeted demographic; designed to appeal to people that like chicken after church anyway.
edit on 8-2-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This sounds like more Christian intolerance from the San Francisco gay agenda groups. I think we all are getting tired of the "Gay Agenda" being forced down our throats, and this "Boy-cott" of Chick-fill-a is another example. Their discrimination of this restaurant's private contributions exemplifies their hatred of the non-gay community.If only the gay community could stop being haters.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

So you feel every business in America by law should have to post all of their political and other activities in their establishments? Now that would be quite an achievement!

First, you'll have to quote that, because I'm 100% sure I didn't say that.
You, like some of the others are putting words in my mouth.

Second, It's not what I feel, it's a civil fact.
A business cannot misrepresent itself, and especially profit from misrepresenting itself.

Whether or not businesses should have to "[bare all, all the time]" is related in a tertiary manner, but it is not the subject. I won't derail the topic by going into that no matter how much you guys keep trying to mention it. I never said a business cannot have privacy, I said that a business cannot misrepresent themselves.

Personally, every time I've gone into a Chick-fil-A it was to get some lunch or dinner, and have received what I ordered every time.

I never said otherwise. So I can only wonder why you mention it.

Is it to make it seem like I said they refused service to certain people?
I didn't, FYI.

I don't ever remember seeing a 'Support the GLBT cause' sandwich on their menu or any signs in their restaurants advertising such here in Colorado.

Of course not, they support ANTI-gay organizations and groups.

Now I did know they were a Christian establishment, after asking a waitress why they were closed on Sundays. So they weren't hiding that fact.

I didn't say they were hiding the fact they are Christians.
I said they were hiding the fact that they are anti-gay.

dude, you dance around language withe everyone and play word games with every post and the hypocrisy is mind boggling.
Where in any post, thread or any literature does chick0fil-a post any, ANYTHING that has the words "anti-gay" in them.
You cannot because you are soooooooooo guilty of everything you claim others do to you as they try and swim through all the misdirection and diflection from your own statements.
Bottom line is this.
You are puttin g words in chick-fil-a's mouth and you refuse to listen to the facts about it so you simply continue in this game of hypocrisy and transfrence that seems to titilate your anti-christian bias.
I know, you didn't say that, lol
"Of course not, they support ANTI-gay organizations and groups" where did chick-fil-a say they support anti-gay groups?
Oh, you did.
edit on 8-2-2011 by manna2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When these fast food chains reach a certain size so many different factions become involved that controversy becomes unavoidable. Both Burger King and Mcdonalds corporations for example are now on the boycott list for funding the Palestinian abuses. Does that mean every corporate decision maker within Burger King and Mcdonalds supports Palistinian genocide? No, it could just mean that someone at corporate thought expanding franchises into Israel would be a good thing just like giving coupons to a group supporting Christian couples.

It does bother my conscience a little going into a fast food restaurant to order a meal, and wondering how the profits may be used....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

Maybe so, but the name of this joint is completely absurd !

How is their name actually pronounced ?

I read it as ''chickfilla'', like a portmanteau of the words, chicken and godzilla; or a pun on the fact that their chicken is a ''filler''.

The hyphens and capitalisation of the letter ''A'' in this joint's name, make me wonder ...

edit on 8-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

It is actually pronounced Chick filet as in a filet of fish or filet mignon, They are implying that they're serving filets of chicken.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

OK, lets start off with how is Chick-fil-A misrepresenting itself in the gay community? That would be a good first step.

They are representing themselves as gay neutral, while donating money and resources to anti-gay organizations.

If you had read the thread, you would have gleaned that. It's been covered extensively in previous pages you obviously think you don't have to read.

Second, how are they hiding the fact they are anti-gay? If they were hiding it, how did you crack their secret, and how hard was it to crack?

Again, if you had read the whole thread you would have known this was covered. You would also know how foolish you and your insinuations look.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

LMAO

"I think I solved the whole thread" people are hilarious. You are skipping the "bickering" because you obviously haven't read the whole thread and are uninformed.

Chic-Fil-A as a franchise is a shining beacon in a world of lousy food and lousy service offered by chains who could give a crap about it's customers. This restaurant is head and complete shoulders above their competition. They serve great food at affordable prices

They serve the same factory farm raised crap that KFC does.
40% feed, 50% antibiotics, 10% turd covered gizzard stones. That's what their, and indeed virtually all factory farmed chickens eat.

If you think that is "great food" then I got a bird-poop and mold covered rock I'd like to sell you. It's tasty, I promise.

They provide the absolute cleanest and well maintained physical eating establishments one can frequent.

I doubt you can really know this, and I bet 5-star restaurants do it cleaner.

They are extremely family friendly, and as such the stores are always packed with people and their children enjoying their time out together.

So is McDonalds....LMAO.

This must be one of those pointless points that is irrelevant to the topic at hand, but must be said to provide false bolstering to Chick-fil-hate. It's irrelevant because no one has really dogged on their service or restaurant conditions.

The kids they hire to work at the stores - neatly dressed, extremely courteous and well mannered, always willing to go above and beyond. They speak English and they dont act like they are doing you a huge favor by ackowledging your existence.

How does this have anything to do with Chick-fil-hate donating money to anti-gay causes?

It sounds like your just trying to spout off whatever random goody-info you can about Chick-fil-hate. Most of what you've said up to this point isn't really relevant to the topic.

The bathrooms are immaculate. May not mean much to you unless you have gone into thje average McDonalds bathroom and waded through the urine ravine...or worse.

This is more of that goody-info junk. This must be why you are "side-stepping" the "political bickering", because you don't really have anything to say on that matter.

Management who have a spine and a belief in the company they work for, and not just some scumbags in a tie trying to make a fast buck serving slop to the stupids.

Chick-fil-hate owners are SUCKERS, Chick-fil-hate takes 65% of your profits. Most franchises take about 15%.

Is it Christian to take more franchise profit than most other companies? LMAO

So what if the owner happens to be a Christian white male, something that is nearly illegal to be in this dead pan society that we live in. So what if the man believes in God, it is his right to do so. So what if he wants to donate sandwiches to feed a group of people he believes in. It's his money and his right as an American to spend his money and donate his time and supplies any way he see's fit.

No one really said the owners couldn't be Christian. So why don't you go ahead and just quit the martyr act while your ahead. Like all the other Chick-a-groupies you rely on worthless overblown hyperbole to make your point.

No one really said the owners couldn't believe in God, again this is you just making up crap and acting like people in this thread said it.

No one really said they couldn't donate whatever they want to whoever they want. Just wondering when you'll actually stick to what people are actually saying against Chick-fil-hate, instead of this crap you are inventing on the spot.

The rub is that they don't have the right to misrepresent themselves and profit from it. Something all you chick-groupies keep glossing over, and reinterpreting as a privacy issue.

I admire this old guy for doing what he believes is right, and just because he doesnt donate his money to gay causes and gay events and gay whatever doesnt mean he is a bigot or an evil person, it means he is expressing his right to exercise his convictions and to live his life the way he chooses.

Okay, you admire bigoted discriminators, fair enough. I personally think they are all trash, but that's just my opinion.

No one said that refusing to donate to gay causes makes you a bigot.
It's the fact that they donate to ANTI-GAY causes that makes them a bigot.

The fact that you didn't know this shows you didn't bother to really read anything in this thread.
You don't know what is going on....LMAO.
You didn't know that they were donating to anti-gay causes....LMAO

No one said they couldn't express themselves in accordance to the first amendment.

They still can't misrepresent themselves.

That used to be an ok thing for an American to do.

Yeah, don't try and act like hating gays makes you a patriot.

It does not.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Chick-Fil-A Restaurant
575 Garden Of The Gods Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

The above location refused to serve an openly gay couple, and asked them to leave the premises.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide evidence to substantiate the above, as I was merely a witness to the event. The couple was actually told that "their kind" were not welcome at the establishment.

I don't care who they donate money to, or whether or not they're a privately held company, or how many franchisee's have met with success through this company. They're blatant in their intolerance for anyone with a paradigm that does not fit neatly into the conservative christian ideology.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Sure, if you like eating anti-biotic filled meat.

Yummy.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Chick-Fil-A Restaurant
575 Garden Of The Gods Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80907

The above location refused to serve an openly gay couple, and asked them to leave the premises.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide evidence to substantiate the above, as I was merely a witness to the event. The couple was actually told that "their kind" were not welcome at the establishment.

I don't care who they donate money to, or whether or not they're a privately held company, or how many franchisee's have met with success through this company. They're blatant in their intolerance for anyone with a paradigm that does not fit neatly into the conservative christian ideology.

The business is free to serve whom ever they want.
Good for them.
And if I came in with out shoes, or shirt, and they refused to serve me, good for them.
I will now eat more "chickun"

edit on 8-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus
It is actually pronounced Chick filet as in a filet of fish or filet mignon, They are implying that they're serving filets of chicken.

LOL.

I'm a dummkopf !
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ef527791de4.gif[/atsimg]

I didn't get the ''filet'' reference, as, in my part of the world, we pronounce that word as ''fillit'' more times than we use the French pronunciation of the same word.

That being said, the correct pronunciation of the word in French would be ''fee-lay'', thereby making this joint's moniker as inaccurate and idiotic as I had originally called it...

edit on 8-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Post erased
Should have read further the answer was allready posted.

edit on 8-2-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

You do realize that was an example of a manager or individual franchise acting in a certain way and not the compnay as a whole, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join