It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Saddam Survive?? CBS News says....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Anyone else hear this??

CBS: 'Senior Officials' Think Saddam May Not Have Survived
Thu Mar 20 2003 10:33:00 ET

"I am being told by several senior officials not to take that taped speech Saddam gave last night as proof that he survived the attack," CBS NEWS reporter David Martin said on air.

"They say the evidence that put him in the bunker last night was very reliable, and they are confident that the cruise missiles and bunker-busting bombs that were fired at that bunker last night hit the target. So now, intelligence experts are studying the tape to determine if it is really Saddam, or a body double which he is known to use from time to time. And they are running a computerized voice analysis, comparing that speech with known recordings of Saddam's voice. But that's a process that takes awhile. So we may not have a quick answer."

"There is considerable belief in this government that they may, in fact, have gotten Saddam."

Developing...

www.drudgereport.com...

AF1

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It was probably Saddam, but I'm curious as to when the tape was actually made. He never stated anything about the assasination attempt(bombing) that was made on him that night. One would think that he would brag about how the Americans couldn't kill him.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Let's just hope and pray that Saddam Huessein has been killed.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
from several sources to indicate that there was EXTREMELY good intel (i.e. a family member) to point to where Saddam was last night, and that that, and that alone, decided the timing of the attacks. Speculation also seems high that either a) he was killed, or b) he's at least realized how was compromised...

I too found it curious to not say "nya, nya, you couldn't get me", which seems to indicate either a taped, or double-given response... However, in order for Saddam's death to hasten the end of the war, it must be BELIEVED by all, in addition to him being dead. If he is dead, but believed to be alive, then it still serves to slow the end....

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well, it might be true. Just in from Fox News is that we now belive that it was Saddam ont hat video tape last night. We do not yet know if the tape is old or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I hope they got him, but we cant tell at this point

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If Saddam is assissinated, Bush will go to trial.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
If Saddam is assissinated, Bush will go to trial.

Yeah thanks to that law making it illegal to assainate a world leader. But it can be said that he was killed by "accident". Nothing much will happen if Saddam is dead. Just that the terroist that was last seen in Miami might do something crazy.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't think we killed Sad'dam last night although US intel suggests that we did kill some senior Iraqi government/military officals.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
HUSSEIN and others in �the most senior levels of the Iraqi leadership,� ordinarily among the most elusive of men, had fallen under U.S. surveillance. The intelligence was unforeseen and perishable, presenting what one administration official called �a target of opportunity� that might not come again.

www.msnbc.com...

Sounds like they had a pretty good idea where he was, and that they hit their target. I still haven't heard if they think they got him or not, anyone heard anything? I knew it would be tough, there are "so many of him".

AF1

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
They think Saddam survived, but say he is probably worried since someone close to him gave out some pretty important information.

In other news, Saddam's eldest son Uday got the snot beat out of him, and has suffered a brain hemorage.

www.irna.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
that eyewitnesses reported seeing Saddam carried out on a gurney with an oxygen mask on the night of the first attacks... Was on the radio, so no links yet... Appeared to be reliable sources...

On another note, I'm still curious about the mole... If you look closely, on the "before" pics of Saddam, you'll notice a rather obvious mole on his left cheek, near his ear. This mole is not present on the man giving the "attack night" speech.... Curious.... I know that senior intelligence officials are confident it is Saddam (just as I know this has been mentioned in another thread somewhere), but has anyone addressed this mole issue???

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Saddam Hussein is seen being placed on a stretcher and into an ambulance in photographs in the possession of the U.S. government showing what is described as "panicked digging" at the bunker/command-and-control facility that was struck in the first strike of the war March 19, U.S. officials told Fox News late Friday.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
www.msnbc.com...
Yeah, I'm getting much the same news from this link. Problem is...If they actually hit the intended target, why is the war still on; If they missed the target, why *advertise* the existance of the mole inside & compromise any further chance (slim though it would be now) at vital intelligence since the strike missed? Sounds to me like *somebody's* still not playing with a full deck here...

At the very least, I'm willing to bet that Sodamn Insane had to change his shorts...

new topics

top topics

join