It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, New Member!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am a New Member but have been to ATS several times to read. I am a transplant from Godlike, but please dont hold that against me
I am actually kind of relieved that it went down, forcing me to get away from it, I was a glp addict for 12 years. It was becoming quite stressful for me there and I am sure not good for my blood pressure. I have been looking around here and I think I am getting to understand how to navigate the site, it is very large, but I do like the layout. Hope to get to know you and looking forward to exploring all that you have.
edit on 6/2/2011 by Sauron because: fixed title

edit on 6-2-2011 by Aishira because: I needed to fix the Subject title, misspelled Member.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aishira

Welcome to the asylum! Your daily dose of medicine will be distributed at 0900 and 1400. Don't mind the crazies. They don't bite. At least not hard.

In all seriousness, welcome to ATS! We're a huge family here, even if we fight and bicker with each other sometimes. If you have any questions, there are many of us here that would be glad to help! Take your time, find your niche, and have fun exploring the site!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 6-2-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: grammar error

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aishira

Hi Aishira, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh wow, yeah sorry about the title..Memeber?? Not enough coffee apparently.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Thanks, I am glad there is a place to come to get my daily meds. I was a little scared when my crazy site went down.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Thanks for the information. I will try not to screw up too much, a lot more rules here than over at Godlike.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aishira

Its not too late to go back, hit the edit button on your OP and fix the title. I wish someone would have told me that on my first thread, I hit the wrong button and it posted before I was ready and didn't know I could go back and fix it.

Anyway, welcome to ATS Aishira and have a flag on me.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Aishira

I hope you don't mind that I corrected your title, and please if you have any questions you can post them here or send a PM to me or any staff member.

moot point see you fixed your title

edit on 6/2/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Whew! Thanks, what a way to start off your first post. Saved me a wee bit of embarrassment. I already stress over my abilities with spelling and grammar. Thank goodness for spell check.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hey Welcome aboard. Sounds like GLP may or may not go back up. For me? I just go to New Topics section and see what everyone is responding too. Pretty quick bunch in here. And don't respond just to respond.
Some of these old guys and girls are pretty good at sarcasim. I watched this Board for 8 years before I signed up. Now..... I know the rules and don't really get flamed. I really have nothing to say...which is why I don't get flamed that often.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aishira

Great to have you with us!
Referring to your other posts, yes, there are quite a lot of rules here, but this is a huge and very diverse site and the T&Cs are really just to try and maintain some reasonable standards, both from the point of view of on-line decorum and also various legal aspects, such as protecting intellectual property rights.

But ATS is not just about discussing conspiracies or doom-and-gloom scenarios. There are sections covering almost every facet of life. There's even a stories forum with regular competitions -- and there's a live radio show as well! (Lotta fun!)

I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aishira

Welcome to ATS!

I look forward to reading some of your posts.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aishira

Yeah lol, I've just heard about that doom cafe you guys had.
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
welcome hehehe

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aishira

Hi Aishira,

Me too. I almost had a mini stroke when I hit refresh on GLP last night and it was down. They have dancing bananas here as well. You should feel right at home.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aishira

hi i'm new here also from glp. i can not figure how this site works yet. hope there is a spell check

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I'm liking all of you GLP refugees so far and have a feeling some interesting threads are coming our way. I bet I would be jonesing too if ATS had an "Out of Order" sign posted when I tried to log in. Might be a little more productive and less paranoid...but definitely more bored.

Welcome & See Ya!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
hi and welcome!

top topics

join