It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chevrolet truck starts ignition by itself in garage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
It was probably wikileaks.

Or Iridium.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Remote Starter...Any1 can put them on Anything and theyre common in cold places so nobody has to go out to warm thier vehicle up before driving in cold climates

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nobody was in the garage nor lobby at the time. Unless they could start it up from their apartments upstairs, which I don't know it that's possible.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfwood290

It's by a radio transmitter. If HAARP can cause earthquakes in Haiti and Iran from Alaska through radio waves, I think a remote starter could work from a floor or two up.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
likely a remote start or turbo timer, but also carbon build up on valves can retain alot of heat and cause engines to fire up after the engines switched off.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This one works from 2500 feet away, although why you would want to start your car from 2500 feet away is beyond my tiny brain

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

The steering wheel wont unlock unless the key is in so whoever is trying to jack your ride isnt gonna get very far.
Might do some damage though...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

the carbon build up theory could hold some water. Really depends on the year of the car/truck. Take for instance a 82 chevy truck (350 engine) would have a manual fuel pump, thus it could happen. Just a few years later (~85-86) when GM went to electronic in tank pumps, it would only be able to run as long as the inline fuel lasted, as the fuel pump would be off until the key is turned to ACC or run.
Electrical shorts on the starter solenoid could also cause it (if it wasnt a remote). Al that is required to enguage the starter is to create a full circuit on the solenoid between the hot and ground wires. This will depress the solenoid plunger and thus cause the starter to engage.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captainwolfeking
Electrical shorts on the starter solenoid could also cause it (if it wasnt a remote). Al that is required to enguage the starter is to create a full circuit on the solenoid between the hot and ground wires. This will depress the solenoid plunger and thus cause the starter to engage.

Apparently it helps, though, if it's a Ford.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I vote for remote starter also

What area of Chi are you in?

If you are on the West Side - then there's all manner of potentially strange explanations. And if you are anywhere near the Berwyn area - well then you've practically slipped into another universe, so

- Near West Resident

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290
Nobody was in the garage nor lobby at the time. Unless they could start it up from their apartments upstairs, which I don't know it that's possible.

Thats part of the reason why these systems were designed. On a cold day, you can start up your car while your still in your underwear, so It can warm up while you get ready to go.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Apparently it helps, though, if it's a Ford.

It can be done on a chevy too. The solenoid switch on a chevrolet corp. starter is on the upper right side (looking from the back of the truck). Ford just makes it easier by putting it up next to the battery.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolfwood290
I live in an apartment in Chicago. When I went to throw out the trash this morning at 9 AM, a Chevrolet trucks turned on as I headed back into the garage. I took a closer look and realized that no one was inside of the vehicle. Inside the vehicle, the clock, radio, headlights and exhaust all turned on by themselves. What do you think happened?

I think this is not really something to be surprised about. Many vehicles today including trucks have something liek a push button which can turn on the truck even though they aren't inside the truck.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join