It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that put you in a bad mood

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I used to get sore throats and flu like symptoms when I smoked...

And since I quit which has been 2 yrs now, I haven't been sick once since...

What just pissed me off:

I can't get an ultrasound for my breast because I'm in Michigan and the ministry of health in ontario says "why should be pay for it"? well because i'm still a citizen and I can't go back there until I get a travel document... I can't go to a #ing hospital there because I can't cross the border !!

I have one last straw but i'm waiting for a phone call...
Damn bastards!!! That lady was a bitch too...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
nahhh guys it's all good...

here's the plan..

this weekend, I take my sweetie out to dinner at one of her favorite places... we'll head over to the lounge for a couple of drinks, back home to a movie, slip into something comfy...

little back rubby rubby and smoochie smoochie and it's all good !!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
what pisses me off and sours my mood

***when my husband changes plans or doesn't call when he is late***

having to wash dishes after, i prepared, cooked and serve the freakin meal
(like lift a finger once in a while please!!!!)

doing laundry, because if i don't, my husband certainly will not

cleaning 3 bathrooms (i live with 3 members of the male species)

telephone calls from anyone i don't know personally

when my sons fight for the stupidest things and their "he said" fights

long lines in any store, especially if it being held up by an idiot who wants to double coupons or something stupid like that

i could go on and on, but i suddenly realize i have too much suppressed anger and little things trigger it, which shouldn't be :bnghd:

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
i could go on and on, but i suddenly realize i have too much suppressed anger and little things trigger it, which shouldn't be :bnghd:

Hey, don't worry, you're not alone. I bet half the population does the same thing. I know I do it anyway.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
* Fake nice ( you know, when people that normally act like ***holes, but put on that fake nice attitude. I'd rather someone to just let it out.

*when the phone rings when i'm sleeping (damn telemarketers, I've learned to just take the phone of the hook when I go to sleep)

*People that have strong opinions the dont even understand

*When non-authority figures tell me what to do.

just to name a few..

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

*when the phone rings when i'm sleeping (damn telemarketers, I've learned to just take the phone of the hook when I go to sleep)

God, I hate that too... and it's on my cell phone even, they just don't give up.

*When non-authority figures tell me what to do.

I can not count the number of times I've delt with that bull sh*t. It's even worse when you are the authority.

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
***when my husband changes plans or doesn't call when he is late***

having to wash dishes after, i prepared, cooked and serve the freakin meal
(like lift a finger once in a while please!!!!)

doing laundry, because if i don't, my husband certainly will no

telephone calls from anyone i don't know personally

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

omgosh, we have so much in common lol!!
I" sorry they aren't funny, i'm just glad i'm not alone in this .. Men are retards, Imake dinner and I have to ASK him if he could PLEASE do the dishes or he'll think i'm bossing him around, what BS! I'm glad we have a dishwasher...

Laundry? He does the exact same thing, i'll let it pile up just to # w/ him and when it comes time for him to wear a shirt for work, i say huh, thats weird I guess when you don't do laundry your sol cuz i'm not going to keep track of your clothes for you... ahole...

I agree about the suppressed anger thing, small things will really piss me off, but I got a book recently on brain activity and emotions so i' hope to pick up some things from that if all else fails, i'm going for pinadol... (stress drug)

posted on Jul, 17 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
1.) Work...I work at a theatre (I'm 17). Concession is like the worst position ever.

2.) Women who don't acknowlege the work that men do. Waayyy too many women say this f-ing line that pisses me off SO BAD. "He just waltzes off to work and I'm stuck doing the dishes and laundry and taking care of our kids. I do EVERYTHING! And when he gets home, he just watches TV! Seriously, do these women ever stop to think that at work....THEY AARREE WORKING!?!? It's not called work because it's the cotton candy, puppy, water-slide factory. When they "Waltz" off to work, their life doesn't just go on pause until they get home. They are working, and earning money FOR those dished and FOR that food! Now I agree with the women when the husband maybe doesn't respect the wife for what she does, or maybe hardly ever works...or if the wife has a job as well. But when he's the only source of income, and has a real carreer where he's at work 6-10 hours a day, and 5 days a week...don't f-ing complain. Sometimes that's just how a relationship works. One partner goes to work, the other one takes care of the house and the groceries which is also important. This isn't a shot at the women who posted. For all I know they could very well have a job too! It's a paradox. Women will say, "You just waltz off to work then come back home and sit on the couch! You don't even respect what I do!!!!!!!" Really? Because to me it sounds like you're not respecting what he does. (And this also works vice-versa where the man stays at home and the women has a job. I'm not sexist)

Edited: said a line completely wrong. Sounded like I didn't care when the husband didn't respect the wife. SORRY!

[Edited on 18-7-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I feel a rant coming on. Sorry if most of my pet peeves have been taken, but here they go:
1. Those blasted cell phone calls at 6 a.m. My husband has a 97 year old mother and it always scares the s*** out of us.
2. Phoenix drivers...the red light runners of all America. It's been scientifically proven.
3. I'm a big thrifter and I know this sounds rude, but I can't stand sniffling, sneezing, snotty kids careening around the store and crashing into me. Same goes for Walmart. (which I only reluctantly visit since their Nicotine gum is so much cheaper)
4. Our tenants (we own an apartment house) who drive nicer cars than we do and can never pay their rent on time. GRRRRRR
5. Snarly service. No offense, to those of you who are younger, but when you are my age (52), it's downright offensive to have some bank clerk give me the third degree everytime I deposit or withdraw.
6. The lack of Texas food (or should I say Southern) in Arizona. I miss home.
7. My neighbors (who know we stay up all night..yeah, we're insomniacs and don't have a work schedule..poor us lol) who crank up the lawn mowers and big machines at some ungodly hour like 5 a.m.
8. Those blankety blank telemarketers. Hey, I thought we were doing something about them, but they find loopholes.
9. People who make fun of my East Texas accent. If it was good enough for my Daddy and Mom it's good enough for me. I'm not going to change my entire life to fit into Phoenix and it's fako social scene.
10. Really bad artists who think they are good and are arrogant about it.
11. Arrogance in general.
12. People who hurt other people for sport.
13. Designer coordiated everything. A Scottsdae phenom. Get off it, it's boring.
14. I admit to hating sushi. Call me unsophisticated. I don't care.
15. People who are cruel to animals and to those who can't help themselves.
16. Men, in general, who feel they must lecture me on the most mundane subjects regardess of my educational/employement background..just because I'm a ditzy woman. I'm no rabid womans' liberationist (do we even have those anymore?), but it's a pisser.
17. Racism in any form
Within the rules of the law, live and let live. I'm tired of everyone worrying about what everyone else is doing in their bedrooms. Hey, let me worry about mine (which is just fine, thank you).
Ok, the rant is running down. I feel like I've had a Xanax. Very calm and peaceful. Sort of Zen-like.
joey

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I call people who seem to delight in dampening others spirits
"Joy Robbers". They appear to be intent on making others
as miserable as they are. I counter by being extra nice to
these people which really gets under their skin! I refuse to
allow them to ruin my positive attitude and my good day.

But some stuff does get me groveling around in a dank mood:

Incompetent store clerks/cashiers who are clueless.

Having to jump through hoops to get connected to the right
person on the phone, i.e. press 1, press 2, etc.

Rude telemarketers with nasal voices and unintelligible
foreign accents.

When I burn cookies or ruin something I'm cooking
and have to throw it into the garbage.

Spilling something on the floor and making a big mess
like shattering glass, and being barefoot, or wearing
white clothes and having them splashed with stuff.

When the car craps out, which is usually when I can't
afford the repairs.

I hate being late for something or having to hurry
getting ready in the morning. I like sipping my java
and rising leisurely at my comfortably relaxed pace.

After getting home having purchased an item, finding out
it is defective and knowing I'll have to return it

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Losing at poker, then buying in again and losing still!

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
[Edited on 28/8/04 by COMSEUR]

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey
I feel a rant coming on. Sorry if most of my pet peeves have been taken, but here they go:
1. Those blasted cell phone calls at 6 a.m. My husband has a 97 year old mother and it always scares the s*** out of us.
2. Phoenix drivers...the red light runners of all America. It's been scientifically proven.
3. I'm a big thrifter and I know this sounds rude, but I can't stand sniffling, sneezing, snotty kids careening around the store and crashing into me. Same goes for Walmart. (which I only reluctantly visit since their Nicotine gum is so much cheaper)
4. Our tenants (we own an apartment house) who drive nicer cars than we do and can never pay their rent on time. GRRRRRR
5. Snarly service. No offense, to those of you who are younger, but when you are my age (52), it's downright offensive to have some bank clerk give me the third degree everytime I deposit or withdraw.
6. The lack of Texas food (or should I say Southern) in Arizona. I miss home.
7. My neighbors (who know we stay up all night..yeah, we're insomniacs and don't have a work schedule..poor us lol) who crank up the lawn mowers and big machines at some ungodly hour like 5 a.m.
8. Those blankety blank telemarketers. Hey, I thought we were doing something about them, but they find loopholes.
9. People who make fun of my East Texas accent. If it was good enough for my Daddy and Mom it's good enough for me. I'm not going to change my entire life to fit into Phoenix and it's fako social scene.
10. Really bad artists who think they are good and are arrogant about it.
11. Arrogance in general.
12. People who hurt other people for sport.
13. Designer coordiated everything. A Scottsdae phenom. Get off it, it's boring.
14. I admit to hating sushi. Call me unsophisticated. I don't care.
15. People who are cruel to animals and to those who can't help themselves.
16. Men, in general, who feel they must lecture me on the most mundane subjects regardess of my educational/employement background..just because I'm a ditzy woman. I'm no rabid womans' liberationist (do we even have those anymore?), but it's a pisser.
17. Racism in any form
Within the rules of the law, live and let live. I'm tired of everyone worrying about what everyone else is doing in their bedrooms. Hey, let me worry about mine (which is just fine, thank you).
Ok, the rant is running down. I feel like I've had a Xanax. Very calm and peaceful. Sort of Zen-like.
joey

Hey...are you from Arizona too?

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
1- Waking up in the morning and finding there is no damn milk for me to have a cup of damn tea...

2- When i have no food...

3- Having to style my hair ( ahhh its so annoying)

4- When someone smokes a fag in the flat

5- being bored

6- Being shouted at in the mornings...

7- Being tall- when i go to buy trousers the legs are never long enough- i can only go to certain shops- they accomadate for every other bloody shape and size- why not long and lean lol

8- liars, bulls******, the people i knew at school that all stabbed me in the back coz their evil slut bitchs.

I think that is all... for now lol

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Woo-hoo! I'm almost always in a bad mood, so this should be fun

1. people in a bad mood...lol...I'm such a hypocrite
  2. migraines
  3. stupid people and their cocky attitudes
  4. bad drivers
  5. when my hair gets tangeled
  6. making plans to do something with someone else and then having them blown off
  7. my damn cell phone...thing rings all the time and a couple of the stupid buttons don't work
  8. having to wait to get my benefits
  9. happy, go-lucky christians who act ignorant to the world (note: this is a select and diversified population of christians, not all of them...and usually they're republicans - lol)
  10. on that note, people with "W" stickers on their cars
  11. arrogant cops

etc...etc...etc...

[Edited on 8/24/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'll just go with EVERYTHING pisses me off and that should just about cover it.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Three Word Story.

Really. I hate that thread with every part of my being.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The Three Word Story.

Really. I hate that thread with every part of my being.

How true is that!?! I tried that a couple of times and people just screw it all up....there's bad sentence structure and then there's "no way that's a friggin sentence" structre....lol

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
hmmm what puts me in a bad mood... lets see... oh, i know:
MEN!!

:bnghd: :bash:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
hmmm what puts me in a bad mood... lets see... oh, i know:
MEN!!

:bnghd: :bash:

AH HA!