posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:58 AM
I feel a rant coming on. Sorry if most of my pet peeves have been taken, but here they go:
1. Those blasted cell phone calls at 6 a.m. My husband has a 97 year old mother and it always scares the s*** out of us.
2. Phoenix drivers...the red light runners of all America. It's been scientifically proven.
3. I'm a big thrifter and I know this sounds rude, but I can't stand sniffling, sneezing, snotty kids careening around the store and crashing into
me. Same goes for Walmart. (which I only reluctantly visit since their Nicotine gum is so much cheaper)
4. Our tenants (we own an apartment house) who drive nicer cars than we do and can never pay their rent on time. GRRRRRR
5. Snarly service. No offense, to those of you who are younger, but when you are my age (52), it's downright offensive to have some bank clerk give
me the third degree everytime I deposit or withdraw.
6. The lack of Texas food (or should I say Southern) in Arizona. I miss home.
7. My neighbors (who know we stay up all night..yeah, we're insomniacs and don't have a work schedule..poor us lol) who crank up the lawn mowers
and big machines at some ungodly hour like 5 a.m.
8. Those blankety blank telemarketers. Hey, I thought we were doing something about them, but they find loopholes.
9. People who make fun of my East Texas accent. If it was good enough for my Daddy and Mom it's good enough for me. I'm not going to change my
entire life to fit into Phoenix and it's fako social scene.
10. Really bad artists who think they are good and are arrogant about it.
11. Arrogance in general.
12. People who hurt other people for sport.
13. Designer coordiated everything. A Scottsdae phenom. Get off it, it's boring.
14. I admit to hating sushi. Call me unsophisticated. I don't care.
15. People who are cruel to animals and to those who can't help themselves.
16. Men, in general, who feel they must lecture me on the most mundane subjects regardess of my educational/employement background..just because I'm
a ditzy woman. I'm no rabid womans' liberationist (do we even have those anymore?), but it's a pisser.
17. Racism in any form
Within the rules of the law, live and let live. I'm tired of everyone worrying about what everyone else is doing in their bedrooms. Hey, let me
worry about mine (which is just fine, thank you).
Ok, the rant is running down. I feel like I've had a Xanax. Very calm and peaceful. Sort of Zen-like.