It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Clouds Over Nyc Feb 4th

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So early evening yesterday I was taking a stroll with my family in the Fort Greene section of Brooklyn when my husband and I noticed 2 clouds in particular that stood out. One looked liked a huge circle with a line going straight down through it. The other one next to it was lines, reminded me of wi-fi

I also took a quick video:

When it started disappearing:

Im not saying that theres something behind this, maybe it's nothing at all. But we walk our dog everyday, sometimes on long walks, and we always pay attention to the sky. We know that most Sundays are chemtrail days here. Other days arent as routine. It just didnt seem right, at that time we were already out for about 45min and there was nothing there. As quick as that came it went. Below is another picture and video about 10 minutes after the above:

Also, You cant really see too well but to the right of the clouds were lines that at first were thought to be smoke. If you can see it runs across the sky, not dark like black smoke but dark enough to notice against the sky. I turned on my scanner to see if there were any reports of fires or anything similar in the area but nothing. Like I said this could be nothing but I am not an expert and as someone who actually looks up and pays attention, it wasnt normal to me over here, especially the cloud on the right, but maybe I'm wrong so I brought it here to you guys, where the experts are

Please shed a little light on this for me, thanks

edit on 5-2-2011 by WeBrooklyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
hello fellow brooklynite! i'm over in wiliamsburg and i have been noticing strange clouds as well. my balcony faces northwest, and thats where the strange clouds have been. i've chalked it up to the major storm we have approaching us from the west. what do you thnk?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Hello neighbor!

I dont know what to think anymore. My husband is outside most of the day while working and has been noticing dead birds here and there throughout his walks.

It's been fairly warm the past 2 days considering how cold it's been....you see how the snow is still glossy ice??? Looks very strange, never seen that before and it doesnt look natural at all. It hasnt melted either and sounds like glass breaking when you touch it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
that glassy ice is from the freezing rain we had.. it looks weird though, doesn't it? the weather has felt warm though, its been really strange. and now we're due for another one on thursday - i work in construction and it's been causing major delays, very frustrating.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

that glassy ice is from the freezing rain we had.. it looks weird though, doesn't it? the weather has felt warm though, its been really strange. and now we're due for another one on thursday - i work in construction and it's been causing major delays, very frustrating.

I know it was from the freezing rain but it just looks soooo weird, I dont think Ive ever seen it like that. I also thought with the temperatures rising for a bit here that it would make a difference and it hasnt at all. Too many weird things going on. Yup, today and thursday...Do you remember a winter getting this much snow here? I dont.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I've been hoping someone got photos of that. Thanks a lot. I'm in NJ, right next to NY, coming home yesterday from my job, I saw that from route 46 west, by the Teterboro airport, looking to the south, around 4pm. I confirm your story.

Those are chemtrails 100%, It seems they spread that crap 24 hours prior to a storm. The day before the skies were clear at same time, same place,..... no trails. That means these are not contrails made by the comercial air trafic.

The day previous to the last storm, happened the same thing. That means this is not "bravo sierra". Good job OP.

The trails were expanding instead of disappearing, becoming clouds. I notice both times one of them going (from my point of view), almost straight to the sun, and I think you have that photo here.

Guys, we need to S&F this thread. To be honest, the photos doesn't reflect too well what we saw but are enough to make the point.

Thanks.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by Trueman because: fix text

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

hi live in london and i know we don't have heavy weather like yourselves in the states and stuff however i've noticed lately that even though its windy i'm sweating profusedly, i aint unfit because i usually walk everywhere and i play football/soccer, i keep getting a queasy sensation as well, i know i'm not mad however before the reports of the birds dying i had a bird practically fly into my room, it was or was very similiar to a peregrin falcon! i also noticed during the summer that the ground/pavement kept looking wet, no rain before or after just a load of dead bees! did i tell anyone yeah i did just i did when we had minor earthquakes that i clearly felt in london, the response was the normal and one apology the next day, my brother who thought i was drunk haha i believe even though i don't want to because i don't know whether or not to be scared that something big is on the horizon, something very big.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
i live in the southern poconos and i agree it has been a very strange winter.altho i haven't seen any weird clouds i have seen what looks like chemtrais. just the other day i was icefishing and looked up saw what looked one. i know what a jets trails but this was to wide and lasted alot longer. haven't found any dead birds yet tho like people are reporting. things that make you go hmm
edit on 5-2-2011 by bigfoot1212 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Looks to be some manmade cirrus there (as rare and unsual as a bun in a bakery), but other than that what are we meant to be looking at? I see nothing strange at all

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I've been hoping someone got photos of that. Thanks a lot. I'm in NJ, right next to NY, coming home yesterday from my job, I saw that from route 46 west, by the Teterboro airport, looking to the south, around 4pm. I confirm your story. Those are chemtrails 100%, It seems they spread that crap 24 hours prior to a storm. The day before the skies were clear at same time, same place,..... no trails. That means these are not contrails made by the comercial air trafic. The day previous to the last storm, happened the same thing. That means this is not "bravo sierra". Good job OP. The trails were expanding instead of disappearing, becoming clouds. I notice both times one of them going (from my point of view), almost straight to the sun, and I think you have that photo here. Guys, we need to S&F this thread. To be honest, the photos doesn't reflect too well what we saw but are enough to make the point. Thanks.

I have noticed that too. My husband would come in and say "theres chemtrails up there" and I always respond "its gonna rain cats and dogs in a day or 2" and it NEVER fails. It seems like theyre spraying more over here now. Its funny because we think our system of predicting weather here is more accurate than the news.

Im glad you saw that too, we though it was very weird, never seen that much less at that time of day. Usually when we see chemtrails here it's very early in the morning. Sorry for the quality, I only had my phone at the time.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stu030273

hi live in london and i know we don't have heavy weather like yourselves in the states and stuff however i've noticed lately that even though its windy i'm sweating profusedly, i aint unfit because i usually walk everywhere and i play football/soccer, i keep getting a queasy sensation as well, i know i'm not mad however before the reports of the birds dying i had a bird practically fly into my room, it was or was very similiar to a peregrin falcon! i also noticed during the summer that the ground/pavement kept looking wet, no rain before or after just a load of dead bees! did i tell anyone yeah i did just i did when we had minor earthquakes that i clearly felt in london, the response was the normal and one apology the next day, my brother who thought i was drunk haha i believe even though i don't want to because i don't know whether or not to be scared that something big is on the horizon, something very big.

Today over here was forecast to have a mix of snow/showers, it's raining now but its not cold at all, feels fairly warm and the snow isnt melting.

For the past month my husband has been seeing dead pigeons here and there. Normally we wont think anything of it but when you see 5-10 a week for the past few weeks, it kind of raises your alarm. And he works in Lower manhatten.

Good luck over there

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfoot1212

i live in the southern poconos and i agree it has been a very strange winter.altho i haven't seen any weird clouds i have seen what looks like chemtrais. just the other day i was icefishing and looked up saw what looked one. i know what a jets trails but this was to wide and lasted alot longer. haven't found any dead birds yet tho like people are reporting. things that make you go hmm

Thats probably what they are if they looked so unnatural...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Looks to be some manmade cirrus there (as rare and unsual as a bun in a bakery), but other than that what are we meant to be looking at? I see nothing strange at all

The word manmade is enough for me to question what is there or why it's there, like I said I am no expert but this isnt common here and was hoping some of you would know.

If you look at the pictures again all the way to the right is a cloud that has lines and then the big circle with the line going down. The one all the way to the right is not highlighted as much as I wouldve liked but still visible nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If you want to do an experiment, find out when the next storm is coming (after a few days of clear sky), then take photos 48 hrs. then again before and 24 hrs. before the storm andcompare them. The evidence will be there.

I wasn't sure about chemtrails until few weeks ago, but what I'm watching in the skies made me believe. I think what they do is somehow "adjust" the extreme weather, regardless what side effects those chemicals can provoke in the people like you and me.

That is why they don't recognize it in public, if they declare how these chemtrails can affect our health, they will be forced to stop it. This is is the purest NWO style to do things.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

The word manmade is enough for me to question what is there or why it's there

They've been around for 80 years and are increasingly more prevalent as we insist on flying more and more and more. If you've ever been in an aircraft, you're guilty (I haven't flown since 1981 when I was 14)

More info: www.airspacemag.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You are confusing cause and effect:

My husband would come in and say "theres chemtrails up there" and I always respond "its gonna rain cats and dogs in a day or 2" and it NEVER fails.

There is NO SUCH THING as "chem"-trails. BUT, as a front approaches (bringing the possibility of rain with it) then upper level conditions become more conducive to contrail (AND cirrus cloud) formation!!! The contrails only appear, in greater numbers, because the atmosphere is changing anyhow; more humidity is being drawn in, ahead of the approaching other weather.

It happened exactly that way BEFORE airplanes were invented, too!! Mariners noticed it, the patterns...without even having the science of meteorology yet, they saw the signs, and cold predict based on clouds, and observations.

"Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in morning, sailors take warning."

Really....this is such simple, and basic science....of meteorology.

Went for a search,a nd sure enough, some guy on YouTube made a video...about How to predict the weather by "reading" the clouds!!!

He's a bit dry (pun) but it IS a good, short lesson....you can apply it yourselves, and possibly (hopefully) finally learn something, and get away from the hucksters and hoaxers who spread the "chem"-trail nonsense lately.

Now, this is Grade School science, as basic as it gets (funny how so many adults seem to have forgotten it??). In this short chat, the discussion is relevant to clouds that form in temperatures at or above the freezing point of water. In terms of condensation trails (contrails) that form from the jets' engines, they occur at altitudes where it is WELL below freezing --- multiple tens of degrees below zero...so, the water vapor, as it condenses, immediately freezes into ice crystals. Cirrus clouds are identical, in that respect, to contrails:

Another pleasant lesson:

edit on 5 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

You are confusing cause and effect:

My husband would come in and say "theres chemtrails up there" and I always respond "its gonna rain cats and dogs in a day or 2" and it NEVER fails.

There is NO SUCH THING as "chem"-trails. BUT, as a front approaches (bringing the possibility of rain with it) then upper level conditions become more conducive to contrail (AND cirrus cloud) formation!!!

I guess 100 years ago it was space aliens what caused the chemtrails

Interesting how saliors have used them for centuries to predict the weather ......

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

1.- You didn't see what we saw.

2.- 2 more members (including me) confirmed the story. Both locals, so we know how the sky looks here and we noticed a difference, because there was a notorious difference.

3.- Besides that, there are contrails and chemtrails. Both are real, it's been documented and you need to do more research. SERIOUSLY. Showing evidence of contrails doesn't discard the existence of chemtrails.

4.- You can't say "there is not such thing", instead you can say "I don't believe it", your opinion is just your opinion.

Finally, please don't start a debate, there are dozens of them here already and will be pointless.

Thank you.

edit on 5-2-2011 by Trueman because: fix text

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
i know clouds can come in weird formations- i've even seen ball lightning- now that is something most people rarely see. but what was and on a clear blue sky day with no clouds at all except for that. i'm not saying it was a chemtrail but it definitley was not a contrail from a jet- it was to wide and lasted to long. just telling what i saw- not making any theories. maybe it was a strange cloud- i don't know- it was just an anomaly i have seen before

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I live in NJ too! Here's a couple of pictures I took while on vacation last summer in Florida. I thought this was a very unusual cloud formation!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join