It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EDL and UAF hold demonstrations in Luton

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Ironic isnt it, they chant and are peaceful, yet they are stil classed as thugs and racists, while the UAF, use violence and they are not even tarnished for it by the media, Complete double standards.

The media need to waken up to what the UAF stands for and thier actions.

As for Multi Cultureism in the UK, that has been dead a very long time ago. Its about high time someone admitted it.

I still find is amusing and bizzarre, that the EDL areclassed as racist, when there are all different people in there, it is not pridominantly, white men, youths whom are involved in this group, they are other activists from other ethnic groups whoma re invovled in the EDL. So to class them as racist is misleading to say the least.

edit on 6-2-2011 by Laurauk because: Adding more content

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I decided not to cover this event, but met with photographers that did last night. The demonstration passed without any major incident, with the exception for a few arrests for public disorder and people carrying weapons. The only reason this demonstration didn't turn violent between the UAF and the EDL was because of the heavy police presence purported to have cost approx. £800,000 and using offices from 14 different forces. There was no riot police 'beating' UAF supporters, but as usual the EDL and the police were harassing photographers. The EDL have a democratic right to protest and journalists have a right to photograph them - simple!

Here are links to photo stories from the march by the photographers I met last night. These are good people and photograph without bias.

Story 1

Story 2

Story 3

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Yes, the EDL has token Jews, Blacks, moderate Muslims etc., but the demographic at every EDL march is mainly young, white males. The UAF can be just as militant as the EDL.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

I must admit the EDL do have some serious issues that hinder them in there efforts, for example they have very poor organization when actually on the march.

Personally if I was the leader of the EDL I would have some ground rules. Absolutely no drinking before and during protests, a proper dress code, no racist langauge and no violence. Failure to abide by these rules would mean expulsion from the organization.

I like the message that the EDL are trying to put out there I just think they are going about it in all the wrong ways. They need to show the public that they are peaceful Britain loving beings who only protest to bring to light the problems with Sharia Islam.

At the moment they just look like a bunch of football holigans looking for a fight, I hate to say it but its true.

Peace.
ALS

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Personally I think the EDL get a very bad rep for what they are, they are branded racist althought all they do is counter march the UAF and alike. They are a mixed bunch themselves with people from all walks of life.

Yeah man... the BNP too right?

I mean what's wrong with being a far-right, racist group who has token members from other faiths and races?

The EDL ARE racist..... whether they they were chanting racist crap this time or were all peaceful and holding hands is irrelevant, they are racist group..... made up of mostly young, white guys with skinheads

Oh man.

I love some of the quotes

Trevor Kelway, a spokesman for the EDL, has denied that the group is racist. He said he had taken over as spokesman because the previous spokesman was Islamophobic. "We would march alongside Muslims and Jews who are against militant Islam," he said. "There were none on Saturday and an all-white group doesn't look good. But they can join the EDL as long as they accept an English way of life. It is the people who threaten with bombs and violence and threaten and bomb our troops – they don't belong here

Duh.... I wonder why....... probably because It's almost entirely all white members, thugs, skinheads, pissheads just looking for a fight.

I think what Nick Lowles said is right too....

Nick Lowles, the editor of anti-racist magazine Searchlight says the EDL poses two risks. One is the formation of a street army prepared to travel around the country to fight and provide organisational support. The other is the group's tactics of carrying placards and chanting in places that are potential flashpoints

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

When speaking to colleagues who photographed the demo, it transpires that far-right organisations from across Europe had also come to march. If the EDL want to be seen as a legitimate protest group, then it must stamp out all elements of thuggery and racism. Playing a game of smoke and mirrors will not work.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Exactly.... It's all well and good saying we accept everyone and it isn't about race and we're not thugs and racists... but actions speak louder than words.

They are associated with other far-right groups too.

And as you said, I'm sure that they march with them and visit each other's meetings too.

I'd imagine these guys are involved too and many, many other groups like it.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.rvfonline.com...

These guys are humanitarians just like the EDL, they even have a Prison outreach program,

Awwwwww

:shk:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
The so-called "Anti-Fascists", "Anti-Nazi", and "Anti-Racist" extremists that "march", or "demonstrate" anywhere in the world, show themselves that it is they that are more fascist, "nazi", and racist than those they think they are against.

So you mean to say the EDL members giving Nazi salutes in the YouTube video below are actually from left parties?

Ahh, right!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What if we were to create a group that followed, implemented and maintained these ten constitutions:

-The rule of law
-The sovereignty of the public in Parliament
-The pluralist state.
-Personal freedom
-Private property
-Institutions
-True History
-The English-speaking world
-The British character

What if we were to create a group that made sure these ten "commandments" stayed in place and took action against anyone (whether it be governments, facist groups, left wing groups, faith groups....) who broke or misused these values.

How would the public perceive an organization like this?

Peace.
ALS

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's a class thing too.

The working class are not allowed to stand up for themselves, The media would much rather the white, working class man be belittled and humiliated - not just losing jobs to foreigners, but every time they try and speak out - they get branded as racists and thugs.

Meanwhile, the very middle-class UAF are allowed to commit violence, hatred etc - because the UAF are more or less defended by the media.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by h0rror

So you mean to say the EDL members giving Nazi salutes in the YouTube video below are actually from left parties?

Yes... A few times, UAF members have been caught sneaking into EDL crowds, and doing nazi salutes to discredit the EDL.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You need to elaborate on your ten commandments proposal.... explain each point a little clearer.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The freedom of religion?

2nd line.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

Ok.

From the Telegraph article:

I. The rule of law. Our society is based on the idea that we all abide by the same rules, whatever our wealth or status. No one is above the law - not even the government.

II. The sovereignty of the Crown in Parliament. The Lords, the Commons and the monarch constitute the supreme authority in the land. There is no appeal to any higher jurisdiction, spiritual or temporal.

III. The pluralist state. Equality before the law implies that no one should be treated differently on the basis of belonging to a particular group. Conversely, all parties, sects, faiths and ideologies must tolerate the existence of their rivals.

IV. Personal freedom. There should be a presumption, always and everywhere, against state coercion. We should tolerate eccentricity in others, almost to the point of lunacy, provided no one else is harmed.

V. Private property. Freedom must include the freedom to buy and sell without fear of confiscation, to transfer ownership, to sign contracts and have them enforced. Britain was quicker than most countries to recognise this and became, in consequence, one of the happiest and most prosperous nations on Earth.

VI. Institutions. British freedom and British character are immanent in British institutions. These are not, mostly, statutory bodies, but spring from the way free individuals regulate each other's conduct, and provide for their needs, without recourse to coercion.

VII. The family. Civic society depends on values being passed from generation to generation. Stable families are the essential ingredient of a stable society.

VIII. History. British children inherit a political culture, a set of specific legal rights and obligations, and a stupendous series of national achievements. They should be taught about these things.

IX. The English-speaking world. The atrocities of September 11, 2001, were not simply an attack on a foreign nation; they were an attack on the anglosphere - on all of us who believe in freedom, justice and the rule of law.

X. The British character. Shaped by and in turn shaping our national institutions is our character as a people: stubborn, stoical, indignant at injustice. "The Saxon," wrote Kipling, "never means anything seriously till he talks about justice and right."

I think these ten values are what we need to make Britain the great country it used to be.

Peace.
ALS

Telegraph
edit on 6-2-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by phil1968

I think the thing that truely endangers our way of life are our government , making it hard for normal people to get jobs and an education without putting themselves in massive debt. I think the thing that truely endangers our people and thier freedom is the fact that basic things like shelter, water, heat , and light cost so much that the poorest amongst us go hungry to secure them and avoid the baliffs. I think the thing that endangers our culture is the hoodies (the majority of whom are whiter than snow , of christian or atheist upbringing) who knife people outside schools, terrorise old people , steal and rob for laughs and not because they need to, and hang about in groups of ten or more so that whatever foul mouthed obscenities they throw at regular folks, they fear no comeback and no retribution, because theres strength in numbers.
These morons may have been failed by the state in terms of thier education, god knows I was. But that is no excuse for allowing oneself to sink to the levels of social degradation that they are evidence of. If you want to support this nations culture, then stop the hoodies!
Heres a fact, without the blood sweat and tears of people from all over the world, including Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs and christ only knows how many other cultures, this nation would be nothing. It would have little architecture of merit, since the grandest and oldest creations in this nation required masses of labour to complete, far more than could be sourced from home grown labour markets. Our culture is punctuated, run through, and would be lacking entirely without the input of other faiths and political ideaologies , that our multicultural existance has bestowed upon us.
Now, it may be true that there are a FEW muslims pushing for Sharia law, and of course, they are not just pushing for that law, they are making things difficult for everyone else, attempting to drive a wedge where there need not be one,between the Britons on the streets, and the young muslims, to turn them into radicals. But all the EDL do is cause that unhelpful rift to widen, give the Sharia activists something to point to and say "Look! Look at what they think of us, look at what they say about us! And you want to be part of that?? Be a radical! Fight for OUR way, not THIER way!!". At this point the EDL are basicaly recruiters for terrorism, just like every civilian casualty in Iraq and Afghanistan is just a recruiting poster for the Taleban, or for Al Qeada (or however we are spelling the word this month). The EDL do not represent the reserved, respectful, but determined merits of Britain. They do not represent democraticaly minded folks who know full well that sharia law CANNOT be instituted here because the majority will not allow it, and voting is king here. They represent badly educated or worse, deliberately ignorant, people who CHOOSE malignant, rabble rousing xenophobia, over loving and respecting members of all faiths , regardless of thier ability to reciprocate.
One can deny these things, and Im sure the deniers can believe that they are justified in what they do. I believed in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy when I was a boy. I did however have to accept at somepoint that I was in error, and had to revise my understanding of thier existance eventualy. The difference here is that the PURE MYTH that the EDL are running on, that Muslims could errode or change overly , our nations basic culture and creed, is just as vaccant and empty as the promise of fat men in chimneys, and tiny people with wings, collecting teeth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join