It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last cycle of Mayan Calender starts in one week!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
You heard it folks, the VERY LAST cycle of the infamous Mayan Calender is about to start! Get ready for REAL changes happening REAL fast.

No I am not here to prove the theory correct, and no, I am not here to argue with anyone about this in any fashion and will not discuss the validity of the claim. This thread is most likely going to be infiltrated with "haters", but this thread is not for them, it is for people that have faith in the unseen and unknown. If you are reading this and are thinking to yourself: "Another one of these nutjobs?", Please exclude us all from your bad vibes and press the back button on your browser now.

I am here to share this idea with you: Universal Consciousness. that is the theme of our last cycle..what does it mean? What could happen? What will happen by the end? What do you guys think? If the Mayan Calender is in any way legit...then we're about to go for a wild ride that ends in a perfect moment of timeless being...

Lettuce discuss.

I suppose it to be appropriate to tell a little of what I PERSONALLY think might happen during this journey..so I've included a response post of mine here for ease of access:

I believe, in a short summary, that human beings will consciously realize that we create our own reality. Our "outer world" is only a reflection of our "inner world". The Law of Attraction is of special importance here. Conscious co-creation. all us humans only see each other in each other's reality because we all agreed to be "co-creators" of earth at this point in time. the wars, murder, and strife of all sorts that exist on earth only exist because they are physical manifestations of spiritual, intellectual and emotional "faults" that everyone has. no one on earth is perfect, so our "higher" selves (more conscious, knowledgeable and wise self) decided that we should experience our faults in the form of physical catalyst so that we may learn from them and become better beings.

so at some point i believe that humans will be "shocked" to find out that everything that we see is really us. we are not different you and i. I am a self, you are an "other-self": another fractured piece of the universal mind experiencing being. we are earth.

when we start looking at the world this way it begins changing dramatically. Usually when someone begins seeing the world in this way it is following an "awakening" of spiritual consciousness. this is what causes the paradigm shift. when you realize the outer is a reflection of the inner, it comes to mind that If you change yourself, the whole world changes to appropriately reflect your new views.

edit on 2/4/11 by metalshredmetal because: personal theory

edit on 2/4/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Interesting. I had never seen this chart before. What is your take on it? What can we learn from/grow with this knowledge?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If I remember right, the Mayan calendar is supposed to be the most accurate calendar.
The Mayan calendar is very interesting, but though it will go through a last cycle, if I remember correctly, it does not end; it just resets itself and starts anew.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Ian Lungold and somebody he was working with figured out the math of this thing. I believe it was Feb. 10th, 2011 when the new cycle of evolution begins, or awakening of some sort.

I liked his format, but he made false claims, but it wasn't false enough to throw out this chart. He simply made wrong predictions, but I'm curious to know what will happen after that day on. I was also wondering when somebody will talk about this cross over.

Thanks for posting, I'll be happy to join the discussion.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Mizzijr because: l

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I took the numbers from your chart, and plotted the Log and Natural Log of the lengths of those periods and I get a linear digression in both. As soon as the period becomes less than one year, the log functions turn negative.

I can't seem to get the chart saved the way I want, so someone else please feel free to do the graphics thing.

I don't know that the information is useful, but I thought it was interesting to see how the time periods related to one another. The Log10 line has a slope of almost exactly negative 3.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

1 week? According to Calleman it'll start in about a month (9th of march) -> www.calleman.com...

But yes, as you say, get ready for very fast and mind blowing developments, get ready for a real wild and exciting ride.
I'm thinking about great scientific discoveries (probably with involvement of the LHC) and resulting inventions which might open time travel or even interdimensional travel to us.

Oh, and 21.12.2012 is disinfo. The real end date is 28.10.2011.

Ko3

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

Interesting. I had never seen this chart before. What is your take on it? What can we learn from/grow with this knowledge?

The chart is derived from a book called Secrets of the Mayan Calender Unveiled, I believe. Ian Lungold discusses it at length in videos online somewhere...as i said, the validity of the chart is often discussed, but what isn't nowadays?

I believe, in a short summary, that human beings will consciously realize that we create our own reality.
Our "outer world" is only a reflection of our "inner world". The Law of Attraction is of special importance here. Conscious co-creation. all us humans only see each other in each other's reality because we all agreed to be "co-creators" of earth at this point in time. the wars, murder, and strife of all sorts that exist on earth only exist because they are physical manifestations of spiritual, intellectual and emotional "faults" that everyone has. no one on earth is perfect, so our "higher" selves (more conscious, knowledgeable and wise self) decided that we should experience our faults in the form of physical catalyst so that we may learn from them and become better beings.

so at some point i believe that humans will be "shocked" to find out that everything that we see is really us. we are not different you and i. I am a self, you are an "other-self": another fractured piece of the universal mind experiencing being. we are earth.

when we start looking at the world this way it begins changing dramatically. Usually when someone begins seeing the world in this way it is following an "awakening" of spiritual consciousness. this is what causes the paradigm shift. when you realize the outer is a reflection of the inner, it comes to mind that If you change yourself, the whole world changes to appropriately reflect your new views.

I could go on and on but i won't. i think my point is sufficiently illustrated.

Originally posted by AlienCarnage
If I remember right, the Mayan calendar is supposed to be the most accurate calendar.
The Mayan calendar is very interesting, but though it will go through a last cycle, if I remember correctly, it does not end; it just resets itself and starts anew.

you're probably right...but the most interesting point is that at the end of the calender is supposed to be the end of time....timelessness. It would seem to me that a "time" of timelessness can occur in any instant. timelessness does not follow normal rules and perceptions of time. in one instantaneous moment, we may experience timelessness. we can see anything, do anything go anywhere and BE anything because we have alllll the time that ever was to do it. Imagine a "flash" where we instantaneously all experience being everything that ever was! infinite time to do anything! it is UNIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS. if this isn't a HUGE consciousness changer i don't know what is, it would most definitely inspire people to believe that we are the universe, and we co-create it with each other. but alas... does timelessness end? would we snap back into "reality" where we are back in our bodies and all we have left of that timelessness is our memory?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

You (and many many people) are confusing something.
The mayans had multiple types of calendars for different purposes (and they all were/are very accurate).
They had short term calendars (which do cycle) and one called "The Nine Underworlds" which started 16.4 billion years ago (birth of universe / big bang) and ends on 28/10 this year). This one does NOT cycle!
Read info here: www.calleman.com... (very interesting, wether you believe in it or not).

Ko3

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So where did the whole December 21st thing come from.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr
Ian Lungold and somebody he was working with figure out the math of this thing. I believe it was Feb. 10th, 2011 when the new cycle of evolution begins, or awakening of some sort.

yeah like i said in the OP, there are a couple anomalies that don't follow predictions and such exactly, But MOST GENERALLY, this is a very very useful idea and no matter what time, the last cycle is set to start VERY soon.

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but I took the numbers from your chart, and plotted the Log and Natural Log of the lengths of those periods and I get a linear digression in both. As soon as the period becomes less than one year, the log functions turn negative.

I can't seem to get the chart saved the way I want, so someone else please feel free to do the graphics thing.

I don't know that the information is useful, but I thought it was interesting to see how the time periods related to one another. The Log10 line has a slope of almost exactly negative 3.

i'm no mathematician but it sounds like you're describing some exponential acceleration? if so, it is predicted and discussed a lot in relation to the calender, it is the reason for the "time acceleration" theory and a big part of the foundation for Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero.
edit on 2/4/11 by metalshredmetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by metalshredmetal

Lettuce discuss.

( could'nt let it go, sorry
)

I do think that research into the starting point of the Mayan calendar and some answers to why the particular date was set might reveal more about why the end date was picked. It is also pretty interesting that the calendar pre-dates its own creation which suggests a reason can be found.

I still think that the true reasons along with some answers might still be there for discovery but now that so many opinions, minds and interlaced bullcrap are floating around with it, its near impossible to find answers via the internet.

Just my opinion of course after reading about the topic etc, motives speak volumes to me and one thing im noticing is how many books are selling on this topic, theres been a movie that has made in excess of 23,700,000 dollars and right now the majority are starting to sink their teeth into a bit of this doomsday prophecy which means big profits. Plenty of people are making a living out of fear thats for sure, which should make anyones BS detector get a little hotter.

edit on 4-2-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Learn. Love. 3.9.2011 BTW

The guy that this theory is based on developed the site below.

Mayan Majix Learning Lab
edit on 4-2-2011 by zroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
So where did the whole December 21st thing come from.

I'm not sure where it comes from. Probably from another calendar based on astronomical calculations.
The timeframes of the 9 Underworlds are not based on astronomy but purely on the development of conciousness.

Ko3

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

We get to move from the survivalistic age of to the spiritual age.
Peace and Love S&F

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

We get to move from the survivalistic age of to the spiritual age.
Peace and Love S&F

ah interesting concept...the 9 levels of the "underworld" are succeeded by (9?) levels of the ..."above world" hah. in this case the calender would begin to re-cycle..because we graduate from the Underworld of animalistic and irrational low vibrations into the world of real spiritual flowering in the levels of the divine spheres...I dig it

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I wonder if this has any connection to Nibiru?

Is this change the source of recent Revolution in the ME?

I am ready for this new cycle of Mankind to start!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have understood the words about creating our own reality for 30 years, but when it comes to manifesting the reality it falls short and I am like an animal on a spinning wheel. For instance, I love the zen look of the ultra modern European homes i see online and in magazines, yet my home is funky and at best a hippie house, I have a garage filled to the brim with stuff i move out, but stuff finds its way back in, that or I sit in a freshly painted crappy house that is just empty and embarrassing. I try to bring in only that which holds spiritual significance, but the reality which unfolds is not the meditative center I wish to be living in, it is more like chaos in motion.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i never heard anything about the 7 days & nights cycles that cycle in shorter periods and increased
activity as the end-of-calendar date approaches....

this model does not exist any Maya artifacts, Pophil Voh, or the Dresden Codex, or the Chilam Balam
(those references are likely not spelled right...i'm just going from my memory--no notes available)

but there is one reference i can present...it has to do with the prophecy Katun

Here are the dates of katuns during the past 1,000 years

Katun # Western years

13 Ahau 1007 1263 1520 1776 2032
11 Ahau 1027 1283 1539 1796 2052
9 Ahau 1046 1303 1559 1815
7 Ahau 1066 1322 1579 1835
5 Ahau 1086 1342 1598 1855
3 Ahau 1106 1362 1618 1874
1 Ahau 1125 1382 1638 1894
12 Ahau 1145 1401 1658 1914
10 Ahau 1165 1421 1677 1934
8 Ahau 1185 1441 1697 1953
6 Ahau 1204 1460 1717 1973
4 Ahau 1224 1480 1736 1993
2 Ahau 1244 1500 1756 2012

And what of the present katun, katun 4-Ahau? According to the Maya inscriptions, the katun began on 4/6/1993 and ends with the entire Long Count/creation epoch on 12/21/2012.
Following the prophecy scheme of the cycle of the 13 katuns listed above, we could expect scarcities and the arrival of great leaders. It is also the katun of "remembering knowledge and writing it down." It does appear that in the past this katun coincided with a questionable measure of stability in the world and also significant advances in the written word. For example, katun 4-Ahau lasted from 1224 to 1244. During this time Frederick II took Jerusalem, but he took it diplomatically. The next time this katun came up was between 1480 and 1500. Clearly, this was a period of great voyages and discoveries -- but things were also relatively stable politically which made exploration possible. This period also marks an important period of growth in printing. Katun 4-Ahau came up next between 1736 and 1756. Interestingly, it was during this period that the first encyclopedia was published. The War of the Austrian Succession 1740-1748 did bring a settlement of territories and a measure of stability, and there were a number of alliances formed during this time as well. Power kept shifting, but did not erupt in an all-out way. Such may actually be the case from 1993 to 2012.

the remaining 21 months of Katun 4=(1993-2012) does not foretell of any previous financial collapses' or
world wars or of any7 or 9 or 13 "Nights"
But the initial start of Katun2... does tell us that the Bible will possibly go into the dustbin of history

The Maya regarded katun 2-Ahau as half good and half bad, a time of uniting for a cause, but also as the katun during which came the "end of the word of God." And what does that mean? It is true that in previous 2-Ahau katuns there were great religious or ideological crises

www.onereed.com...

IMHO the'Nights' cycles are new age constructions that are over-the-top esorteric for engaging the
minds of creative & involved people & creating a cottage industry for the authors' good living
edit on 4-2-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I saw these videos a while back, he goes into detail about that chart you posted, I enjoyed them a lot so if anyone is interested in more info I recommend watch the videos I think there is 16 of them so it does take a bit of time.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: click before proofreading

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i never heard anything about the 7 days & nights cycles that cycle in shorter periods and increased
activity as the end-of-calendar date approaches....

this model does not exist any Maya artifacts, Pophil Voh, or the Dresden Codex, or the Chilam Balam
(those references are likely not spelled right...i'm just going from my memory--no notes available)

theres lots of "models" of the mayan calender that don't exist as artifacts. hell, we're still not sure the calender exists in the form we present as at all.

the picture i provided is a modern day product of analysis and calculation... look up Ian Lungold for explanation.
the observation of days and nights is evident in a lot of mayan calenders. it is undoubtedly important for it is the explanation of the "dying god" myth and the battle of good & evil.

but remember, we are not here to derail the topic and refute the theory, simply observe and share ideas based upon what is presented.

The Maya regarded katun 2-Ahau as half good and half bad, a time of uniting for a cause, but also as the katun during which came the "end of the word of God." And what does that mean? It is true that in previous 2-Ahau katuns there were great religious or ideological crises

www.onereed.com...

IMHO the'Nights' cycles are new age constructions that are over-the-top esorteric for engaging the
minds of creative & involved people & creating a cottage industry for the authors' good living
edit on 4-2-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

"the word of god" sounds like a christian translation, not something the mayans would have said...in any case "the word of god" is a symbol for vibration. vibration is all existence. the word of god is what created the physical world. maybe the end of the word of god means an end to physical existence as we know it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join