It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific evidence suggests race is an artificial construct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

The result is that human variation exists on a continuum - we vary from tall to short, from thin to thick, from pale to dark. The conclusion that scientifically there is no accurate or natural way to divide the human species points to race as an artificial construct. It also hints at flaws in race theory that could revolutionize the way we see our species.

www.charlotteobserver.com...

Being the non-religious, non-academician believing person that I've always been, to me this is a no-brainer. To say we are all star-seeds isn't just a rock -n- roll line in a song. We are truly that. Everything we are and everything that is, comes from the same Universal place. We are no different than a rock. And a rock is no different from a cloud etc.
That's the scientific aspect of it but now, how did we get here?

We were created by off-world entities and every living thing on planet Earth, was placed here deliberately.
We are a construct. With pre-placed programing. And modified (dumbing down) DNA. We were intended to be slaves for the Annunaki. And through million/billions of years of evolution, we are STILL slaves.
One day soon, all religions will fade away and the real truth, hopefully, will be embraced by all. Afterward these walls, lines, classes, groups etc that divides us, will fade away too.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Well, it's pretty obvious, isn't it?

I'm Choctaw with a dash of Irish. My girlfriend is some variety of African-American / Vietnamese. What race would our children be?

Aside from "gorgeous," of course

By "artificial construct," the article does mean man-made, by the way. As in race is social, with no real biological meaning. Sort of like caste in India.
edit on 4/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Another good thread, Human_Alien. I have been watching you and reading alot of what you write, we have similar beliefs keep up the good work.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Well, it's pretty obvious, isn't it?

I'm Choctaw with a dash of Irish.

Aside from "gorgeous," of course

Not if your avatar is anything to go on

edit on 4-2-2011 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
How is this news?

"Chair" is also something we define. Or "rock". Or "12 african-american men, standing on top of a boat with 3 sails, holding jigsaw puzzles".

Of course "Race" is an artificial construct.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thain Esh Kelch
How is this news?

"Chair" is also something we define. Or "rock". Or "12 african-american men, standing on top of a boat with 3 sails, holding jigsaw puzzles".

Of course "Race" is an artificial construct.

Because there are still a handful of people who think we were created from a rib of a man called Adam.
Then we have another group who think we come from Apes. As ridiculous as those two stories sound it what they (the Elite) peddle in school and in religion.

Now..that's all fine and dandy.

What they perpetrators of these lies fail to do, is take it back one step further and explain, where the 'rib' and the 'ape' came from?

It's an avoidance tactic.
Just like which came first: Chicken or the egg.. There's no one right answer so we chalk it off as a riddle.

To think about this in a rational and reasonable way means, you have to surrender all your beliefs and what you were told all your life to off-world intervention and involvement.
And we're getting there.

There are several great books out there and one I highly recommend is "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG" by Lloyd Pye.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

A very interesting theory which would explain a lot, but raises further questions as well.

Why go through all the trouble?
If it was to create a life form capable of enjoying life, then why all the evils and atrocities? Why not intervene again?
If it were to create slaves, why aren't we slaves? Who are our masters? The illuminati?

Or was earth perhaps their 'petri-dish' and they created a few perfect ones, took those, and left the rest of us to our own devices...but somehow we managed to survive? Kinda like an ant colony a kid has that spent the entire summer on the far end of a bookshelf, forgotten about, then found to be still alive?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I don't care what you call it: race, group, sub-population etc. Fact is that by multi locus sequence analysis alone you can tell with > 90% certainty where on Earth a person (or his/her ancestors) comes from.
edit on 4-2-2011 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

To think that anyone would really need science to tell them such a thing..

We are all humans, race is just a result of our tendency to divide things..

And we are all made of atoms.. and energy, at the most basic level.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

I have no idea what you're talking about but it only takes 1% of uncertainty to make a belief or fact....... not 100% true.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by rhinoceros

I have no idea what you're talking about but it only takes 1% of uncertainty to make a belief or fact....... not 100% true.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

If you give a human DNA sample to a geneticist, he/she can with great certainty say where that person comes from without actually seeing the person.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

We are products of our environment as all creatures of this planet and universe are.

If you look at that which every species pursues to survive,it becomes obvious that we are all the same.

Humans are just the most arrogant,and destructive species.

Beyond here,I do not know,anything beyond here is only theory.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't get the theory that we have been artificially bred by an alien species.

If such a species can create us then they will have the ability to grow us in numbers for either slavery or food. It will be alot quicker than waiting for our population to grow naturally to get the numbers they are after.
If we are just an experiement to see how we evolve on this planet then that is another matter all together.

Can you imagine, we could all be part of some long living alien child's school project.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Or, this could be one big disinfo of a story itself. To make everybody think that they are equal. Propaganda science at its finest, funded by TPTB's finest.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If I dig up a dead black guys bones and a dead white guys bones, a forensic anthropologist is going to be able to tell me with some accuracy that one guy is of "european" descent and the other is of "african" descent. So there ARE differences.

Just saying....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
so many people seem to ignore that what is stated above is optimism.

while discrimination is the biggest thing that needs to go out the window right now. i could leave the crooks in power for a few years if people would just love one another

that doesnt mean you should ignore other sciences that DO point to each race being different from another.

this is in no way bad, it just shows that even though we came from a common ancester, we still adapted to the environment they were given and became a sub-species of homo sapiens.

african americans, as one example, contain a muscle no other race does in the lower back, and contributes to running. its a human evolution, and physically gives them the upper hand when it comes to run speed, or power, and is just a natural adaptation

again, there are also diseases which only affect certain races. sickle cell anemia is exclusively diagnosed in african americans as well and is only the most famous example. some only affect the asian population, some only affect mexican, some only affect jews (hebrews) and so on, and so on

we shouldnt look down on any race, because we are all different, and because we are so different, we only become that much more powerful when we team up. if we truly cared about people we wouldnt hate them for being different, we would let them use their differences to contribute to the whole, and vice-versa with the whole contributing to the one

if we were raised to be slaves op, i think they are going to realize the human race is a loooooot craftier than they gave them credit for/ expected. this i promise.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Genetically, humans are one of the least diverse species on the planet. Only about 70,000+ years ago the entire species was reduced to at most maybe 5000 individuals, and maybe as few as about 1000 of us. We managed to survive and flourish, but all nearly 7 billion of us today are descended from those few people. If you take the two most genetically diverse humans on the planet and compared their DNA, it would be more alike than an average sampling of most other species taken from even close-by populations.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Nothing new here, ask a biologist and they'll tell you even species are only a artificial construct, and at times a very blurry one, and ultimately a temporary one.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Here's my take, understanding and belief

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I don't buy into your 'life on Earth was planted by aliens' line (where did they aliens come from then? Were they planted by some other super advanced aliens? The recursion must end somewhere.) though the panspermia idea is not totally unreasonable.

The sentiment in your title is star worthy however.

A few additional resources for your researches:

The Power of an Illusion - a great site to explore

The invention of race

The Problem Simply Stated

top topics

join