It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Epic is about to go down in Egypt on 2/4

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I suppose it wasn't the brightest idea to rush in to a sea of people with eight horses and a camel. I wonder if they were protesters themselves or if they were authorities?

Reports on one of the archaeology sites is that they were tourist guides at the Pyramids who are seeing their livelihood evaporate. The report seemed reasonably reliable, but camels and horses are not terribly uncommon in the city (though much rarer than cars.)

I don't think the police force uses horses and camels, and I'm fairly certain that the military prefers tanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
Watching everything on tv is saddening though. People give Americans so much crap about sticking to our gun laws, but at least when SHTF we won't be stuck throwing rocks at tanks.

No. You will be firing your guns at tanks, which is almost just as ineffective. LOL!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

1) Obama has not insisted on a Muslim Brotherhood government.

2) Any government will be decided by Egyptian voters. That's the god damned point.

3) The Muslim brotherhood is not fascist. It's not radical. It's not evil. It's not oppressive. You see the word "Muslim" and your mental conditioning makes you crap your pants and freak out. Stop.
edit on 4/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
some of the last videos taken form Tahrir Square on Thursday-

30 seconds in is unreal

It's a very bad situation and one that I'm afraid is about to get really out of control...

If the chaos spills out to other Middle Eastern countries who knows what could happen next...
edit on 4-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

Truly amazing what is going down right now. But you know what? As obvious as my next statement sounds there is so much more in the meaning. This can be a really good thing, or a really bad thing. Seems like a blanket statement but this is my take.

1. Really good thing. Every single person in the middle east is hanging on to their seat. The Iranian revolt last year is regrouping. I was told this yesterday by a girl who was part of that demonstration. Every oppressed nation whom have been building up are waiting with baited breath to see how Egypt unfolds. If Egypt wins their cause, then I believe democracy will spread like wild fire throughout the middle east. Much pain involved but I believe the ends justifies the means.

2. Really bad thing. Well, this is really obvious. Egypt falls, hell breaks loose, army attacks the people and every nation jumps in.

Justmy2cents

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Has anyone hoped that somehow during the chaos a group excavates under the paw of the sphinx?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatwolf
Thermite works really good and is easy to make as well as nitro glycerin (Be really really careful making Nitro-Glycerin very very touchy stuff.
I would not advise making nitro. It is very unstable, making it and transporting it are very dangerous. There are other explosives easier to make/steal that are much easier to handle. Thermite is a different story and great for tanks.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Tanks are quite indestructable.... the people inside are not. Have you ever heard of a thing called percussion? Hit a tank hard enough and those inside will bleed from the ears....

Tank crews are already wearing noise-reducing headsets so they can communicate clearly and not get deafened.

The tanks appeared to be guarding the demonstrators rather than threatening them. The army has sided with the protesters.
This didn't suit the government so the sent in their own, armed demonstrators to start up trouble and attack the tanks, hoping to push the tank crews into attacking the demonstrators.

As Walking Fox said, it's a bloody good thing these people aren't armed with guns. Mass shoot-outs are not pretty and would be just what Mubarak needs to stay in power.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Stop repeating slogans about the Muslim Brotherhood and research it yourself. It has funded and created every anti-American muslim terrorist group that has been "successful."

Obama IS advocating for the Muslim Brotherhood to take over the government if he is demanding that Mubarak resign immediate as Obama has done. That would leave the government up for grabs to the most organized and brutal faction and that would be Obammy's Muslim Brotherhood pals.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Nothing "Epic" happened. Or did I miss something? At this point I wonder why they are still there at all, they got what they wanted, it is in motion. Can you imagine what it smells like in that square right now?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

The Muslim Brotherhood (and their radical US representatives) was just told by all the powers involved (Europe, former Arab government US allies and the Egyptian military) that they are not going to topple the Murburk government instantly and take power as planned by the protest organizers (secretly trained by the Obama's government according to wikileaks).

They are going to have to wait until the new representaive government is formed and they will be a faction representated like everyone else; abet richer, more organized and more violent than everyone else. They were given an offer they could not refuse to halt the riots and blood shed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join