It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Epic is about to go down in Egypt on 2/4

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
All journalists and media have been forcefully removed from the square and the entire area has virtually gone off the grid.

It's getting into the early hours there now.

The quiet before the storm...

edit on 4-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: video

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Indeed there have been
numerous attacks on the
media as of late, all media
mostly us journalists though.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Sorry for being the poor guy on here, but, does anyone have Google Earth? Get some real time pics of this and post them for us middle class slobs?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Google earth doesnt work like that.....the pics arent real time. A lot of the pics were taken by planes...some were taken by satellite., they are updated every couple of years

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Eerily reminiscent of China's Tiananmen Square incident.

Media gone. Tanks in. Protestors dead.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Does anyone know if there are any live feeds coming out of Cairo? Al Jazeera states that live images are hard to get out of the country. I presume because they have rounded up the media. I wonder what they have done with all those journalists, and what the government is planning on doing that they don't want live pictures being shown? A friend of mine mentioned a report of 6 big transporters headed towards Tahrir square, with military or police dressed in full riot gear. I haven't been able to find the report anywhere, though.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
....could be the beginning stages of the military taking over.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Get ready for a fake Tahir Square. I wonder where they will build the set. Hollywood? no too predictable. Saudi Arabia? Possibly. The moon? yes....no no thats to tinfoil hatty. Hmmm I bet it will be in the middle of bum$#% nowhere.

peace

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Sorry for being the poor guy on here, but, does anyone have Google Earth? Get some real time pics of this and post them for us middle class slobs?

You're going to have to talk to someone in the cia.

Goto www.aboveaboveaboveaboveaboveaboveaboveabovetopsecret.com and ask them

peace

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
WWIII is finally here.

Doom

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This is certainly a very dire situation going on right now.

A very large demonstration is due to take place today, called the Day of Departure

That has a very ominous tone.
edit on 3-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What ever it takes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/abfaf567686f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f9f3b5cf66e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Watching everything on tv is saddening though. People give Americans so much crap about sticking to our gun laws, but at least when SHTF we won't be stuck throwing rocks at tanks.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nwdogg1982
Does anyone know if there are any live feeds coming out of Cairo? Al Jazeera states that live images are hard to get out of the country. I presume because they have rounded up the media. I wonder what they have done with all those journalists, and what the government is planning on doing that they don't want live pictures being shown? A friend of mine mentioned a report of 6 big transporters headed towards Tahrir square, with military or police dressed in full riot gear. I haven't been able to find the report anywhere, though.

cnn international has a report about troops in riot gear...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
heres a snippet....Cairo, Egypt (CNN) -- Troops wearing riot gear toted automatic weapons and stood guard in the area around Cairo's Tahrir Square early Friday, as anti-government demonstrators promised another day of large protests to demand President Hosni Mubarak's resignation.

Security forces detained some people leaving the square, pointing guns at them and forcing them to lie on the ground. Others blocked the nearby October 6 bridge.

A handful of pro-government protesters cheered as large vans filled with security forces arrived at the square around 6 a.m. (11 p.m. ET). It was unclear whether those inside were members of the military or police.

Anti-government protesters have pledged to bring droves of demonstrators to the square Friday for what they dubbed a "Day of Farewell" and "Day of Departure."

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

are these pictures the contrast of correct and incorrect ways to make an anarchy helmet?

as;

1st)incorrect
2nd)correctamundo < it has a chin strap
edit on 4-2-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't think there are any live feeds left since the Egyptian gov banned all live feeds out of the country(i forget the poster that asked a few posts up).

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
some of the last videos taken form Tahrir Square on Thursday-

30 seconds in is unreal

It's a very bad situation and one that I'm afraid is about to get really out of control...

If the chaos spills out to other Middle Eastern countries who knows what could happen next...
edit on 4-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Live feeds are now coming in. Al Jazeera is showing live feeds intermittently, but here is a link to a feed right from the ground, in the middle of the protests.

Live Feeds

Things aren't really looking all that dire at the moment, and from the twitter feeds it seems as though the protesters are more excited and festive than ever. I hope this all works out for the people there.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Should you be without Al Jazeera, on what promises to be another historic day in the PEOPLES REVOLUTION
the protests can be viewed live from Press TV, the link to which I have provided here.

I hope it works for you.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

www.presstv.ir...

Fox

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join