It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ex-USAF black projects colonel writes children's book about a boy and his pet Reptile! (?!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Concerning the strange trope of humanoid reptilians in popular culture, I'm always shocked when a completely in-your-face poster comes out.
Today, strolling through a shopping mall I saw a poster for a coming film called Rango.
This reptile has the voice of Johnny Depp, and is superficially about a pet chameleon who tries to be accepted in a Western town called "Dirt"!
Don't these filmmakers know that there is a conspiracy about humanoid reptiles?
Are they just doing it to make a point, or is it really slow conditioning?
moviesblog.mtv.com...

What happened to mice, ducks and bunnies?
Why always a green guy?

edit on 4-2-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

Funny how tourtured some people are.
Why do they choose to read into things that aren't there if it challenges their world view so much.
Everything will be alright princess, no one is trying to bring your fairly tale world crashing down around you.

Sometimes people see what they WANT to see that's for sure.lol

S&F from me.
Really creepy stuff indeed.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
reply to post by zuul000

I wasn't hinting at anything. I've done nothing but post a link to some provable facts. You can choose to interpret them however you see fit. I have no power to influence what conclusions you, on your own, reach from my posts.

Ok, so then why did you post this in the Aliens and UFO forum?

To what forum would you prefer I post it? If you'd like to tell me I'd be happy to move it if it would help you to realize an enhanced state of calm.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zuul000
I just purchased this book ("Here Comes Albert!") off Amazon ... curious to read it ...
edit on 3-2-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

Well this just got weird.

I have Amazon Prime so get all my purchases from Amazon via 2-day shipping. After 4 days I had not received this book so logged-in to my Amazon account. Under Open orders it said this purchase had been "canceled." I have never seen this message before; if an item is out-of-stock I generally get an email alert asking if I want to wait for availability or terminate the order.

I called Amazon customer service. The CS rep said it may be that the item was simply no longer available but still listed, however, offered to check. After two minutes on hold she came back and said she showed the item in inventory and could not explain why my order was "canceled." For reasons I didn't entirely understand but that seemed reasonable she said she could not manually enter my order but offered to remain on the phone with me while I placed a new order for the item myself.

I did this and my order seemed to process just fine. I thanked her and ended the call.

Today, out of curiosity, I logged-in to Amazon and checked open orders and - once again - this order has been "canceled."

I plan on calling Amazon again on Monday and will post more when I speak to them then.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobbyTarass
That dude has 4 grandchildren,

How did you find that out?
Source please.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Now that is just too freaky, the order being canceled twice when in fact the book shows to be there, this has to be a conspiracy or a means at calling home!

Does anyone have this book? I wish I could hear more of the "coincidences"; certainly a man of such caliper if he was only writing a story for his kids would not reach out to Amazon for sales; he would just limit the printings to what he needed for his grandkids only. This is about reaching a different audience other than his own!

I wonder if our own USAF guy has any thoughts on this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure I want to send Truth1000 a note, I already posted on his thread and I may have been a bit hasty in assessing his needs, but I seem to do that often these days.

edit on 2/5/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
Now that is just too freaky, the order being canceled twice when in fact the book shows to be there, this has to be a conspiracy or a means at calling home!

Does anyone have this book? I wish I could hear more of the "coincidences"; certainly a man of such caliper if he was only writing a story for his kids would not reach out to Amazon for sales; he would just limit the printings to what he needed for his grandkids only. This is about reaching a different audience other than his own!

I wonder if our own USAF guy has any thoughts on this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure I want to send Truth1000 a note, I already posted on his thread and I may have been a bit hasty in assessing his needs, but I seem to do that often these days.

edit on 2/5/2011 by Greensage because: (no reason given)

Incidentally I also checked my local library today. They don't have it, however, the librarian in the children's section said that's not unusual as they would almost never purchase self-published books.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
For God's sake.. Why don't some of you just take the Brit Movie "Paul" and read something in to that, or is it to obvious for the masses?
**Warning Sarcastic comment **
Disclosure springs to mind

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lyrian
For God's sake.. Why don't some of you just take the Brit Movie "Paul" and read something in to that, or is it to obvious for the masses?
**Warning Sarcastic comment **
Disclosure springs to mind

you have the option of not reading threads that cause you angst
edit on 6-2-2011 by zuul000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What's the update on the status of the book? Im intrested in getting your opinion

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOWITSNOW
What's the update on the status of the book? Im intrested in getting your opinion

I wish I had much of an update. I called Amazon again this morning. The CS rep was very nice and apologetic. I tried the same thing again, re-submitting the order and - once again - it was "canceled." I called back and spoke with someone different who also put me on hold for about 2 minutes to verify the product was in-stock.

Anyway, ultimately, they elevated me to Tier 2 or Level 2 or whatever they call it customer support and I'm supposed to get a call-back with a resolution by late today or tomorrow.

It could all be a coincidence and, odds are, it probably is ... however, given the generally less-than-usual nature of this book and author it does seem incredibly bizarre that I'm having trouble getting this book through Amazon and my order keeps automatically canceling for reasons customer service can't explain. As I mentioned before I have Amazon Prime and use it liberally (I probably order something from Amazon at least weekly). This has yet to ever happen to me.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I ordered the book and got it within a few days.

Just as a point of reference, I've got an MA in English and enjoy a good "close reading" and even the odd "deconstruction," though I am out of practice.

I have read most of the book now. I do not find a sustainable analogy of what we'd think of as UFO matters. There is a riff on a busybody reporter, but that isn't much to go on.

There are a couple of remarkable synchronicities, but it's a kids book and that's standard.

If this has any bearing on reality at all, then it must stand as a kind of "F-U" to a certain reporter that the colonel didn't like very much. If he buried big secrets in the book, they aren't apparent without a key (ie, "this" equals "that.")

The book begins with a very small very thin man who robs people of their belongings. Albert eats him. The man's description could be that of a gray alien I suppose. His name is Charles Crabapple. Does that mean anything to anyone?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
could not find anything in relation to a crabapple but there is a charles crabtree who happened to work at lockheed martin the same time as the author.
www.meetup.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
clearly this book is intended to prepare us for the disclosure of repteillian aliens who live under teh earth

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hopefully this thread keeps up, this is pretty darn interesting.

He's (IMO) obviously tryin to say something. The "it's just a children's book," seems pretty ignorant or too easy to resort to.

STR AND FLG OP!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Sorry for the delayed update; I did finally get the book and, after speaking with a Tier 2 support person, am absolutely convinced it was a reasonable and run-of-the-mill processing error, and nothing worse than that.

Like the previous poster, I also read it and - after closer inspection - found nothing out of the ordinary.

I am now 100% convinced there is nothing to this book other than a simple children story.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zuul000

intresting, thanks for the update

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join