I don't know if you include me in the 'pro-war' people who are bringing down the board by insulting others, but I will try to explain what 'I'
I think that some of the 'anti-war' posters are using the same horrible arguments and questions over and over again. Arguments like-
1) Why do you follow your leader blindly? I do not follow sombody blindly, just like you would not blindly wander off in the
2) Why do you want innocent people to die? I do not want innocent people to die, I want innocent people to cease being killed. This can be
done by taking Saddam out of power.
3) What has Iraq ever done to you? Not Iraq, Saddam. Saddam agreed to disarm UNCONDITIONALLY.
4) Why don't you go after OBL? We have troops looking for them as we speak. We will find him, we have not abandoned the search.
5) Why don't you go after North Korea? You seem to favor diplomacy, couldn't we find a diplomatic solution to this problem? This has not
been going on for 12 years, like the Saddam issue.
6) Saddam is disarming. No, he's playing a game of cat and mouse.
7) Saddam has disarmed. There is no proof that he has. In fact, he has dodged around us for 12 years, if he really had disarmed wouldn't
he come right out and show that he did when he did?
8) Bush is the anti-christ. Seriously, I've heard this one. It's so ridiculous that I can't even find an argument against it. If I said
you were the anti-christ, how could you prove you weren't?
9) Why didn't we give them more time to disarm. We gave him 12 years.
10) Bush is or was an alchoholic and/or a druggie.So what? He is president, and that has nothing to do with Iraq which remains a threat
whether Bush has smoked pot, done coke, or drank liquor.
11) American citizens have been diluted by their media.I agree, but isn't our media anti-war? Hmmm...
12) America is in a 'blood for oil' war. We don't need more oil. We have plenty. We are researching hydrogen power now, in hopes that it
will erase our dependency on oil.
I figured I'd stop at an even dozen, but I could go on and on. Some of these arguments or questions make sense,(number 11) and are a logical thing to
ask. But then again, some of them sound like creative lies.
I've responded to these arguments the best I can, but when they are asked over and over, and you answer them the same way, over and over, it gets old
I admit that not all of the anti-war posters on this board are like this, but a lot of them are.
Some post really well, they make an argument and
back it up with evidence, like you're supposed to.
If I have sounded sarcastic, angry, or insulting I don't mean it, I just get sick of the same pointless comments like the ones posted above. Please,
I beg you, come up with some arguments that have substance, or back up the ones you already have.