It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss or debate -- Why are aliens here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Why are aliens here?

The premise of this thread is that aliens are a reality, that they are here and there is a purpose to their presence on Earth. This is not a thread to debate whether or not they exist.

We hear all sorts of theories, some of which are allegedly based on contact with aliens themselves. (I use the terms “aliens” and “ET” because nothing else really fits. I think if any aliens out there resent those terms, perhaps they should make themselves known so that a more appropriate label could be applied.) One, James Gilliland for example, seems to believe that most aliens are benevolent. That camp finds it difficult to believe that ET intends any harm. Others think that aliens are demons sent to Earth to kick off the last-days game. Only a few appear to recognize that there are as many different motivations for ET being here as there are species of ET. But it’s all speculation. I want to know what everyone else thinks – those who don’t have a website to push or books/CDs to sell. What do you think the reason(s) are for ETs being here? There must be more than one reason since there seems to many different types of aliens here.

They’ve been here for thousands of years. Yet, in that time, they’ve done nothing to reveal themselves and interact with us. Why? The best we can manage are eyewitness accounts and poor videos. They’ve not provided medical help or advances, they’ve held back their “magical” technology, watched us fight useless wars, watched as power-hungry elites take and hold power for hundreds of years, etc. and have done nothing? Their non-intervention may make sense for one or even a few species. But all of them? In my opinion, they’ve created all of the major religions, but again, why? Are we simply an experiment that they’re observing and keeping everyone else out of their lab?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Aleins are inter dimentional time travlers.

what we see as ufo's are there ships to travel through time

aleins are nothing more then evolved humans trying to come back to this time to experiment on past humans . to alter multiple dimensional timelines.

We are there subjects , they experiment on us

Why do this ? Because we have something they want . Something there dimension can't understand ...

what is that thing?

shurgs

imo lool

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

The same reason that our western scientists try their hardest to observe "primitive" cultures they discover without corrupting it maybe? Maybe these aliens are sceintists from another planet, just trying to observe. Even worse maybe we were created as an alien high school lab experiment

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Looking at the facts they are here to collect genetic material and prevent mankind to use several large scale forces to cause harm to Earth and potentially other Worlds and or dimensions.

From the facts one would assume they are stakeholders of some sort, in our well being, or at least our planet.
One would even suggest they are simply humans from a different time that are trying to prevent some of our future (past ? ) errors.

Other claims which I do not see as facts are of people being abducted and implants could indicate that there is a far greater interest in mankind than suspected. If this is the case their intelligence would be fairly lower than expected as monitoring a person could be done using computer models or other technology.

Then we have of course the crop circles which is not really telling me that they are on planet Earth. Although it would make sense there are more players out there.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
OK, let's say they are here.

That leaves many qualifying question to be asked.

How many reasons could we imagine, that would justify their presence?

A - We have to also expect that some consideration be given to the fact they they have, in fact, 'always' been here. That we have never been alone, and that in one form or another, most paranormal events could be explained by their presence. Our efforts to categorize them as 'alien' may just be the same humano-centric bias we would expect of a fledgling culture incapable of imagining themselves as less than the center of the universe.

B - The other possibility is that they 'came' here. This of course follows the logic that they are in fact alien to our world. But our world is very poorly defined by us, generally speaking. We often fail to embrace the potential for an entire universe to exist right here, overlapping our own. We 'logically' assume that some vast 'distance' was traveled to arrive here, when in fact, that distance may be a simple perceptual limitation of our own understanding.

On "A"

Maybe they are wondering why WE are here. We have imagined and made artful portrayals of stories where creatures began their existence as manufactured beings who rose to self-awareness and thus achieved sentience. Perhaps the 'spontaneous' evolution of sentience via chaos and dynamic systems is a marvel to them. Perhaps they are perplexed that we cannot reconcile their existence along with our own. Maybe they think we're cute (or grossly fascinating).

Perhaps they are determining what 'use' we could have to their ends, but respect natural evolutionary processes so much that they don't wipe us out in fear they will upset the balance of nature.

Maybe they are waiting for us to wake up....

On "B"

From whence did they come? This would appear central to the answer. Is traveling to Earth a great effort, or expenditure of resources? Or was it a casual jaunt down the galactic neighborhood?

Are they here to stay, or just passing through? Is it an invasion? An uplifting? A hobby?

Do alien conscious processes relate at all to anything to which we could relate?

Are we curiosities, objects, or phenomena they wish to catalog? They might be here to cultivate us... perhaps as friends, or food, or slaves, or resources for exploitation of some kind.

The answers to the OP's questions may be frightening, comforting, or even completely unintelligible.

This was a great idea for a discussion!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We are either like them or unlike them.

If we are like them, they look for similarities, a commonality.

If we are unlike them, they try to distinguish the differences.

Interesting thread!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Here's my theory. The aliens are actually us, humans, albeit from our future.

I believe some great changes are coming to our planet, perhaps influenced by us but may also be catastrophic events caused by nature. Due to these events the human kind will seek shelter underground and remain there for a long period of time. Everyone left on the surface will perish.

Due to the long period of time the humans will have to spend underground, our physique will begin to change - evolve. Our skin will lose pigmentation and become more gray, our eyes will become larger in order to adjust for darker conditions (sans sunlight) and our bodies will weaken while our cranium will enlarge. Basically we will start looking more and more like The Greys.

Our current visitors are actually us, either observing the events in THEIR past or perhaps trying to influence the events in our present in order to avoid what has already happened to them.

Just an idea.

Khar

edit on 3-2-2011 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
Aleins are inter dimentional time travlers.
what we see as ufo's are there ships to travel through time
aleins are nothing more then evolved humans trying to come back to this time to experiment on past humans . to alter multiple dimensional timelines.
We are there subjects , they experiment on us
Why do this ? Because we have something they want . Something there dimension can't understand ...
what is that thing?
shurgs

imo lool

Don't look now, but in the US anyway, religions are falling by the wayside. Yet more people are professing to be spiritual. That word has religious connotations but is not that at all. Or rather, it need not. "Inter-dimensional time travlers" is about a good word as any, but it actually unites two different aspects. With our puny knowledge of such matters, we can surmise that moving between dimensions does not necessarily involve time travel, but maybe it does. Whatever. The phenomena seem beyond our current comphrension which is totally based on physical objects.

Some of the better ufologist became acquainted with that "other" possibility decades, Dr. Allen Hynek and Jacques Vallee were the more noteable. They lost much of their following because even typical UFO believers couldn't allow themselves to accept such wild talk.

However, that's the way quantum physics is, more complex than Einstein wanted to imagine. It enters the realm of Arthur C. Clarke's when he said--as we all know by heart on ATS--"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." And if you don't believe in magic because you cloak yourself as a modern, scientific-minded person, then you must deny, debunk and ignore.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Consider the idea that "they" are here to help (in may ways) usher in the New World that the Mayan's speak of. That they are here to assist in Earth's evolution.... In it's ascension (to a new way of life)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thanks for some great responses. Another thought I had was that we probably shouldn't be too quick to ascribe human characteristics and motivations to ETs, even though some may be human-like in appearance. This would come down to a cultural thing, and as we all know, even on Earth, to which we are confined and live in relatively close proximity to other nations and groups, cultural habits, traditions, norms can vary greatly. What we eat, the way we interact, etc. is vastly different within a small geographic area. So, when we hear people say "they would have attacked and killed us by now if they meant any harm", we should think longer about that and maybe realize that they may have other reasons for not invading right now. I'm not saying that I believe that's what any ETs intentions are -- it may be, it might not -- just that they might not be motivated by the same things we are.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Aliens are here cause our borders are not secure.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

"--"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." And if you don't believe in magic because you cloak yourself as a modern, scientific-minded person, then you must deny, debunk and ignore"

magic eh . What is magic but an art form with tools to decieve the eyes in a physical minipulation of events to make it seem impossible?

this is an intention of minipulation through an art form . How do we know because we can reconstruct it and demonstrate it . Unless there are "magic tricks" that only one specific magician can do and nobody else can recreate?

But the question is about aliens asuming they exist . and to there purpose . Then im pretty sure there intention is not deception rather it seems that way because its a byproduct of there entrance and exist . But we can reccreate that , we can't recreate the ufo ships we see in videos , pictures , radar , testimony etc . There is something intelligent if not in the ship then atleast controlling it somewhere . Some of these ships bust turns and move in the sky like nobody business. I've yet to see anything on earth move like these ships . No recreation of the ships .. let alone the aleins them selfs ..

so unless i misunderstood the magic to this analogy ... they are oil and water .

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Why are they here?

Why are humans interested in ants and monkeys? Im sure they'd be curious about us. Whether they thought we were primeval to them or not. Humans like to study ants and apes and such. Maybe they'd have the same type of curiosity in us.

Or maybe they are a race of beings traveling into the far reaches of space trying to see if they are alone in the Universe or not. Its basically the same curiosity that we have.

There are a lot of reasons really *assuming* they are here.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Don't look now, but in the US anyway, religions are falling by the wayside. Yet more people are professing to be spiritual.

Source??

Anyways, The Earth is a beautiful and diverse planet. They may be here partly on vacation and partly to gather as much "samples" as they can of everything. Be it human, animals or plant life, they are collecting for a giant "Noahs Ark" of material. Are they preparing for an eventual cataclysmic event and want to be ready to re-populate the Earth? Or are they taking the stuff home, or to other seemingly barren worlds, to spruce up their planets? Maybe they are doing some landscaping at home...

Maybe they are just keeping an eye on the primitives in their galactic neighborhood. Watching the toddlers play with matches (atomic weapons) so as to not let us take them elsewhere and be a threat to others in the neighborhood...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Aliens use our solar system as a waypoint.
They traverse the galaxy, but must stop somewhere before making the intergalactic leap.
We happen to be on one of those "great circle routes" which navigators find comfortable to use in crossing familiar distances.
The Sol system provides a large variety of atmospheres and resources with which to both fuel and repair space vessels, but also to rest and entertain the weary spec traveller.
There is a universe which is teeming with interstellar commerce and travel just out of our recognotion.
We are living in the shadows of type 2 civilisations who find our primitve efforts both entertaining, and scientifically enlightening.
Sentience everywhere requires a constant stream of new data and information of all kiinnds.
They will not allow us to despoil the earth too badly for habitation, nor will they allow us to destroy ourselves completely as a race of beings.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienGrey

I agree that some may be here for scientific reasons. But I'm doubtful that they all are here for that reason. I'm thinking some are here for purely selfish purposes. Just what that may be I don't know yet...

edit on 4-2-2011 by Visiting ESB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
My next question, maybe one of the most important:

Does anyone really think they (or some of them) are here to "help" us "evolve" or "ascend?" I find that hard to believe and smell an interdimensional rat...

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I suspect any sufficiently advanced intelligence will also be inherently curious.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

there here to anal probe us

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Translate and enjoy:

www.newsplaneta.com...

babelfish.yahoo.com...
edit on 4-2-2011 by realitydiscovered because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join