It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI knew enough to discharge Ft. Hood shooting suspect before massacre, but didn't due to a 'strin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A 'string of failures' by FBI, Defense in failing to discharge Hasan

firstread. msnbc.msn.com

The report on the Texas army base shooting, authored by Senate Homeland Security Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman and top Republican Susan Collins, says that both agencies were aware of suspected gunman Army Major Nidal Malik Hasan's radicalization to violent Islamist extremism "but failed both to understand and to act on it."

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 3-2-2011 by IamAbeliever because: no reason

edit on 3-2-2011 by IamAbeliever because: nada

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The article states that his violent extremist beliefs were on full display throughout his training. And to make matters worse, his superiors thought his obsession with Islamist extremism was praiseworthy research on counter-terrorism. They even knew of his communications with terrorist groups, yet labeled them as part of his research.

firstread. msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Only 9 short years after 9/11, and the FBI is already "FAILING" at "connecting the dots" when it comes to counter terrorism against Islamic extremists.

And after all "we the people" have sacrificed so that they could make us safe. Tsk-tsk...

Basically they Let It Happen On Purpose. When your job is to stop these people, you know they are a direct threat, yet you do NOTHING to stop them, that is the definition of letting it happen. One can argue all they want about whether they "intentionally" let it happen vs. "mistakenly" let it happen, but at the end of the day, either way the FBI Let It Happen.

I could be persuaded that the FBI is actually that incompetent, but if they are, then isn't that an argument AGAINST all these new found domestic warrant less wire tapping authorities they have demanded? (you know, so that they can make us "safe")

I mean, if they KNOW information but DEMONSTRATE the INABILITY to act on said information, then how can they possibly argue that they need "more" information? It sounds like what they need "more of" is a kick in the pants to take ACTION when they have information.

Ergo, that's the reason I tend to lean towards that the FBI Let It Happen On Purpose. If you know about something and don't act on it, then you are letting it happen. You can justify why you let it happen all you want but it doesn't change the fact that you let it happen.

edit on 3-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I have no doubt whatsoever that they let it happen. We needed a reason to beat the "anti-islamic" drum a little louder. Hell, when I was in the Army, if someone so much as had a rebel flag bumper-sticker on their vehicle, they were labeled a terrorist, investigated, and given an Article 15. Yet this clown can chat with terrorist groups all day long and he is doing "research" ?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And I'm sure the military knew all about Oswald's flagrant pro-communist statements, but didn't act on that, either. Gee, I wonder why not...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Considering that known terrorists like Ali Mohamed were trained at Ft. Bragg's "John F. Kennedy Special Warfare Center and School", get arrested years later, sent to court and despite getting "convicted" - they NEVER GET SENTENCED and simply disappear.... Yeah, I'd say the U.S. Government is heavily involved in recruiting, training, and then protecting many "assets" to conduct false flag operations.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What a shock, another attack on the American people which was conveniently "allowed to happen". It wil be spun as "a lack of communication" or blamed on "liberal political correctness".

9/11 was an operation that must have involved more organizations than just the FBI but the FBI has done quite a bit on its own, not the least of which was the building of the real bomb provided to the lackeys in the 1993 WTC attack.

After the "fake" bomb actually exploded, informant Emad Salim knew that they were being set up and began recording his phone conversations with the FBI. If he had not, we would never have known about yet another inside job.

edit on 3-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
That is the problem, too many agencies and people are looking for the solution or clues, by connecting the dots.

What they are failing to do, is see the bigger picture that the dots are making, they can't see the forest for it's trees.
That is a huge security liability, and an oversight which can not be afforded. Overlooking any threat, no matter how minor it may seem, is a mistake.

One that has serious consequences, there is no reset or save point in real life. People can and will die, from failure to pay attention, especially to detail.

It is every one's responsibility to be a safe driver, is it not?

Then how should it be for our national and domestic security, exactly the same, every one's responsibility.
Only difference is, fewer of us took an oath, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic...

For a federal agency to have made so many blunders, openly admitted to and then now this, it is clearly a admin micro control issue. Or the field agents are incompetent, in either case the whole thing is broken and needs to be replaced. Clearly it can not be fixed, or it would have been.

Also for you the readers information, I have personally worked with the FBI twice domestically and once overseas. My experience is both private sector and as a member of the armed forces. Having such first hand knowledge, I am very unimpressed with that and other federal bodies of our "government".

I for one, have higher professional standards.
There is no excuse for the failures of our government, no matter what agency or body, they have all been broken too long.
edit on 3-2-2011 by ADVISOR because: of spelling, it sucks...

new topics

top topics

join