It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I believe this event is the reason why the government won't open up to us about alien existence.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The Roswell incident appears to be one of the big turning points for covering things up. Technological advantage is the main reason I see as for why, a big reason for any war based mentality. There are heaps of strange life forms around as some videos of the space shuttle missions have shown. Pitty they need to be completely self obsessed, arrogant, lying, control freek spooks about the whole issue of life, it is really making a big mess of things.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by darrenb

Even more important question. Why would a bunch of apparantly intelligent people decide that the best use of thier time is to discuss something which is widely recognised even within UFO circles to be absolute crap, and has been regarded as such for some time? Why is it that we cannot find anything better to discuss than this ? Flogging a dead horse? Oh yes why certainly, let me crank up my whipping arm!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
All yet another reason...

This was on Halloween, remember, and well, in my middle-western childhood, that was the season for pranks, for soaping windows, putting Farmer Peckens' cow up in the belfry, at least dressing up in a sheet and spooking the neighbors with a pumpkin head. Well, in that notorious broadcast, I said "Boo!" to several million people over a full network, and the pumpkin head was a flying saucer from Mars. The trouble was: an awful lot of listeners forgot what day it was... Now, no news commentator was ever so convincing as our real-life actors were at their various mythical posts throughout the nation, describing the horrendous arrival of the Martian invaders. One of them could do Franklin Roosevelt so you couldn't tell the difference, and when he got on, supposedly to tell the nation to remain united and not to panic, then everybody took to the streets. Thousands and thousands anyway, all over the country, many for some obscure reason with towels on their heads. Now, what good a towel is gonna do, I can't imagine... There were all sorts of reactions... All of the inhabitants of one apartment building waited in the street, while one man up on the roof -- this is really true -- watching through a pair of binoculars described the approach of the dreaded Martians as they stalked across Manhattan toward the Bronx. As far away as San Francisco, there was a lady, her clothes torn to ribbons, who staggered into the police station -- which is also absolutely true -- gasped: "I just... I can't describe it, but it's hell...", and then she took poison. She couldn't face the shame of it, luckily she lived. It's true. Here in Hollywood, John Barrymore. Remember John Barrymore? The greatest of all great actors, the last of them. He also had the radio on. He put down his highball, lurched out to his private kennels, where he kept a clutch of great danes, opened the gates, said: "Fend for yourselves!", and gave them their freedom. And then there was the great old movie director, Woody Van Dyke, who was also a reserve officer in the Marines. Well, when the word came to Woody, he dropped everything, jumped in his car, drove to Marine headquarters to report for active duty. Which reminds me of what happened to the Navy. In New York harbor, the fleet was in, and after the broadcast, all shore leave was canceled. I've really got a bad conscience about that. The motorcycle cops in New Jersey, it was a warm Sunday night, all the cars were out, all the radios were on. But the cops on their motorcycles didn't have any radios. So, just imagine the picture: suddenly in front of the astonished eyes of the whole Jersey police force, every car on the highway is going 90 miles an hour. And not one car is willing to pull over, they won't even look at the cops, they're all making for the hills. In the Li'l Abner country, they not only made for the hills, they stayed there, they really did. Years later, I met a Red Cross worker that told me it had been his job to try to persuade whole families that the Martians weren't in control, and it took six weeks to get them back. True."

And another....

In the aftermath of the reported panic, a public outcry arose, but CBS informed officials that listeners were reminded throughout the broadcast that it was a performance. Welles and the Mercury Theatre escaped punishment, but not censure, and CBS is believed to have had to promise never again to use "we interrupt this program" for dramatic purpose.[citation needed] However, many radio commercials to this day do start with the phrase "We interrupt this program". A study by the Radio Project discovered that some who panicked presumed that Germans — not Martians — had invaded. Other studies suggest that the extent of the panic was exaggerated by contemporary media[citation needed]. When a meeting between H.G. Wells and Orson Welles was broadcast on Radio KTSA San Antonio on October 28, 1940, Wells expressed a lack of understanding of the apparent panic and it was, perhaps, only pretense, like the American version of Halloween, for fun. The two men and their radio interviewer joked about the matter, though with embarrassment. KTSA, as a CBS affiliate, had carried the broadcast. War of the Worlds and the panic have become examples of mass hysteria and the delusions of crowds.

And Here's the whammy...

It has been suggested War of the Worlds was a psychological warfare experiment. In the 1999 documentary, Masters of the Universe: The Secret Birth of the Federal Reserve, writer Daniel Hopsicker claims the Rockefeller Foundation funded the broadcast, studied the panic, and compiled a report available to a few. A variation has the Radio Project and the Rockefeller Foundation as conspirators.[8] In a theatrical trailer for his film F For Fake, Welles joked about such theories, jesting that the broadcast indeed "had secret sponsors".............

There has been continued speculation the panic generated by War of the Worlds inspired officials to cover up unidentified flying object evidence, avoiding a similar panic. U.S. Air Force Captain Edward J. Ruppelt,[9] the first head of UFO investigatory Project Blue Book wrote, "The [U.S. government's] UFO files are full of references to the near mass panic of October 30, 1938, when Orson Welles presented his now famous The War of the Worlds broadcast."

\\v\\Source//v//

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

you are correct sir
this will be my last comment on this ####

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haza32
this is the portrait i believe i saw

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/53948c69a53f.jpg[/atsimg]

that's Ashtar Sheran

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I remember listening to that broadcast as a teen as it happened and as me, my brother, mother and father listened the first thing said was who was playing games. To be honest I've had the same view ever since, no doubt some engineers looking to do a prank or angry with ITV, who knows but to build a cult out of it is simply silly.

I shall try and word the next part so as to not cause offence, here goes.

To the OP, you mentioned going to a psychic fair and spending a lot of money there, considering almost all so called psychics are proved to be charlatans, some with the intention of trying to bring relief to people but others there for the hard cash and no matter who it hurts. Well considering you obviously follow this sort of thing and have a keen interest then perhaps you wish to believe a little too much?

I'm not trying to patronise you and I'm the same with people who like religion, It's not my bag but if it brings happiness to you while not hurting others then I say good luck to you but I feel 'faith' is wildly misplaced.

I do believe in life beyond this planet, I'd be silly not to as we know there's every chance it really is out there in some form. Do I think it's come here, well yes it may have well done, could there be a world wide secrecy about it all, well as unlikely as it sounds I do think that's possible. We as humans are devious greedy destructive organisms, those with power would screw you over for the fun of it and if faced with having some sort of mega power then you can bet the greedy thieves would fight tooth and nail to have something over us and each other.

Just look at the way we run this planet, we happily kill it day in day out to keep certain people at the top of the food chain and in power, we don't strive to achieve safer fuels, to cut down the birth rates, to keep the very things that feed us life.

All we do is kill, so I can't see th top people coming clean and revealing any race that's helped them in some way, why would they spread the wealth when they can have it all.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
They are referring to the "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Regarding the Vrillon transmission:

Originally posted by darrenb
why would it just be one news channel in britain
why wouldnt he broadcast on every channel in every part of the world at the same time so it couldnt be dismissed so easily

Why do the majority of British crop circles happen only in Wiltshire?

It's useful to note - hoax or not - that the transmitter used was the one covering Wiltshire and surrounding areas.

I think it's important to note that if aliens chose to communicate in a way that would cause mass hysteria they would do that. Using one transmitter, grabbing the attention of SOME people seems like a much better option.

But that said, I have no idea if it was Ashtar command or some pranksters

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
They are referring to the "War of the Worlds" radio broadcast.

The initial post was re the ITN broadcast and that's the portion I'm replying to.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Haza32

Looks sort of like the bad guy from Fist of the North Star to me! So whats the significance of this fellow, and what exactly was the fallout from the apparant near disclosure of this persons existance? I have never heard of it, or seen this picture before, and I would have expected to have seen it referenced elsewhere, if there had ever been a snafu or panic caused by it, or any thing related to it

Actually I was thinking he looked like Deslock from Starblazers (minus the blue tint)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh boy, the old Ashtar Command hoax... The real best evidence against it is the VERY localized area affected (supporting the assertion of a prank), and the fact that none of the threats were ever carried out, despite our inability to meet the demands. I can't believe people are still trying to bank off that (and seemingly, successfully).

I'll bet the original hoaxers wish they got royalties.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
certain things people need to believe....

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Is the OP serious? Really? Really? That video was the biggest POC I ever watched. In the age we live in, it's mind boggling how gullible people are.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haza32
The reason why the government will not show any more evidence of E.T life form is because of what happened just after it hit. People in masses were causing a huge fallout, panic like you could never imagine, suicide cases have been known.

Or, the government has nothing to tell us because aliens (as conspiracy culture knows them) do not exist. Disclosure is a huge, fictional, not-well-conceived fantasy.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Haza32

I'm inclined to believe in something like that. The humanity has been living
in a great hoax since thousands years and there are maybe hidden powers
behind its stumbling through the centuries. There in one Russian article even
was mentioned that the inhabitants of the cigar shaped UFOs are our enemies
and was quoted text from the Bible confirming it. But such considerations are
enough to show how terrifying and poisoning can be the situation we live in.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It has been well and truly proven since the late forties that intelligently controlled vehicles transit our airspaces and atmosphere with relative impugnity.
There is ample evidence given and gathered by 1952 to convince anyone that there are others with technology so far advanced from ours, that they can basically ignore humanity as they go about their various occupations in our solar system.
The ETs need not contact us, and need not bother abour earth defenses as they take what they will here from earth.Be it humans,Cttle,or minerals, water, or simply a base of rest, or pleasure.Certainly USOs have been proven to transit our oceans as well.
There is no doubt that they are out there and under there....perhaps underground as well, this would hardly be surprising.
The volume of sightings of ufos around volcanos,power facilities,etc,indicates they are drawing power from electrical phenomina wherever they find it.

Stan Fullham, has intimated that communications have been going on since the early thirties.
Perhaps Tesla, or some other scientist from that era,(remember even Edison believed he could make a phone that could communicate with the dead?or was it him? no matter you get the drift.)or someone unknown invented a comm link to the universe???
Many technologies have been supressed by the Goverments .
Some because they were too deadly and they wanted them for themselves.Some because they reduced the ability of the PTB to milk the people of their wealth.
The possibility exists that we are not of any great importance to some ETs regardless....as they would be so technologically advanced as to be able to harness the energies of the solar system or even galaxies.....
If there is a great deal of contact then i imagine we are dealing with a race which is on a much similar level to us.
Separated by perhaps a few thousand or hundreds of years.Operating on totally different scientific principals .But more compatible than the uber races.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
It has been well and truly proven since the late forties that intelligently controlled vehicles transit our airspaces and atmosphere with relative impugnity.

I don't see any well or true proof of any such thing.
Unless you're talking about our aircraft.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Well said, I know if I was intelligent I would not waste my time with stupid, self centred, control obsessed earthing either. There has been one story from the SETI project where it did pick up some radio communications from a moon around Neptune (some where out that way) after failing to decode it they sent a message in Morse code, the response was 'We are not talking to you'. If that does not indicate intelligent life I do not know what does.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Fascinating, I have met this person, or someone who appears to look identical as the painting of Ashtar Sheran; I know that the person I met is not Ashtar Sheran, but the look is familiar and that to me is inclusion of a deep-seeded message for me.

The person I speak of I tried to help a long time ago. This person was experiencing what I myself am experiencing now, or at least what I have managed to go through. The person I knew lost his mind because he was diagnosed in his 30's as bipolar, and possibly borderline schizophrenic; he was finally medicated and rejected by all.

I know this person is safe in his world but this world is not for his kind; because we have all failed to recognize the changes are within and we are not mad or insane, we just were so immersed in the lies that our paradigms crashed and our egos were obliterated. Those that tried to adopt the egos of higher learning and those that adopt the egos of self-righteousness fall victim to the "establishment", they are rejected and cursed because they are beginning to awaken to a new Age.

I know this Ashtar, he resides in each and every one of us because I can see him in your faces, I just didn't know why or how; familiarity is our internal ability to recognize a Message.

I showed this thread to the brother of this person I speak of and he agrees, the similarity and the familiarity are spot on; although now this person is in their 40's and time and medications, drugs, and the Law have all taken their toll.

I am glad to read about the Ashtar recording, I never knew this, Thank you OP.

Although I am familiar with the Orsen Wells Radio Program I do not think that "War of the Worlds" has anything to do with anything but fear and scaring people; the likes of which Freddy Kruger belongs and nothing more.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thank you all for your responses, I found it very interesting.

As i said before, forgive me. I didn't know this had already been discussed.

but you can't say I'm not on to something here?

Anyway...

i watched this series of videos last night and i thought i'd might share, it's about the apparent "overseers" of our galaxy, 4 videos that go for about 10 minutes each, enjoy!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join