It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of two halves! Map shows most of Northern Hemisphere is covered in snow and ice.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mfkhan
reply to post by boo1981

dfdsfferoferokznzkhan

Sorry can you edit your post as i have no clue what it means.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I am starting to think Portland, OR is immune to snow. We had like 2 inches or something silly and it all melted off in a day. Pretty much EVERYWHERE on the same latitude is covered in snow, but little Portland sitting by the west coast is snow free. Argghh!! It seems during the winter we get surrounded, ever where North, Sound, East, and West get snow. But not us! It's probably been like 4 years since we had a decent snow.

I remember when I was a child it seems like we had a TON of snow every winter. Perhaps any snow was just a ton of snow from a child's perspective... but either way I want more snow damnit

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I can sympathise with you on that. Some years we get hardly any snow. When i was a kid i can remember huge snowfall's.
Then as i got older those days seem so far away. But over the past couple of years we have had a few heavy snowfall's. We had our last snowfall in December and on one of the days it was intense, the snow fell all day and it was so thick!! Stayed on the ground for a couple of weeks. But that seemed to be all we got.

But all is not lost yet as we have had snowfall in April before.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't say any of this is truly effecting me. From where I live, all this white stuff is a fact of life. Happens every year, lasts a bit longer then is comfortable for most of us. Right now, it's -32 C degrees outside. I will say that's a bit unseasonable, but we've had soon at least once every month in our recorded weather history. Not all in the same year by any means, but still highly unpredictable.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join