It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mystery Crop Plague, Monsanto, And The Threat To The Entire Food Chain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Shurely this all can't be so!
Watch out, you never know,
How deep THIS rabit hole goes!

Put on your blinders.
Slam your minds shut.
Pretend all around there are no reminders...

It's all you sheeple
headed for the grinder.
Not the rich people.

peace,
pianopraze

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Yapo,, and they will pay triple. They will pay for the seeds,
then they will pay to kill the franken weeds with Roundup,
then they will pay to buy the fertilizer that will prop up the franken crop.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGhostViking

Oh...good ole boy Don...

heh...

have you read The Appeal, by John Grisham?
One of his best...

The Appeal is set in Bowmore, Mississippi where Krane Chemical Co. has been dumping toxic waste into their water supply, causing a huge spike in cancer cases. A husband-and-wife legal team takes the company to court and after months of litigation, the win an award of 41 million dollars. The chemical company is owned by Carl Trudeau who swears to never pay a dime of the award. Instead, he knows the state Supreme Court will decide the appeal and it looks like a close decision there, so he sets out to recruit his own Supreme Court justice
www.reviewsofbooks.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Does anyone wonder what, or who, monsanto is attempting to 'round up'?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by starless and bible black

The Horseman of the Apocalypse?

edit on 2-2-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to [url= by minigunner[/url]

Good question... But it is based on wrong assumptions.

You assume the goal is profit.

The real goal is depopulation.

This is so horrendous a conclusion most peoples minds shut down. But as you follow the money time and time again you come across this horrible truth.

They want total control and depopulation. They already have more money than God. Now they are playing at being gods.

Not just that, I'd hazard to say that big pharma is all but salivating on all the profits they are going to make treating the billions during the process of depopulation. Monsanto is one of the most evil companies in the world, but big pharma ranks right up there too.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i've posted this link ever time i see some thing about monsanto, i feel it is a must read.
check out the last paragraph on page 5 some heavy weight name tied to them.
www.vanityfair.com...

Heavy weight names for sure....

And I coughed on my drink with this :

When asked about these practices, Monsanto declined to comment specifically, other than to say that the company is simply protecting its patents. “Monsanto spends more than $2 million a day in research to identify, test, develop and bring to market innovative new seeds and technologies that benefit farmers,” Monsanto spokesman Darren Wallis wrote in an e-mailed letter to Vanity Fair.

$2 million a day? To protect patents?

Oh my grandmothers would roll in their graves.

$2 million a day to protect what is ours for free?

Now I am seeing why....exactly why Monsanto has for 2 years
in a row taken first place in

The Corporate Hall Of Shame!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProvehitoInAltum

I'd hazard to say that big pharma is all but salivating on all the profits they are going to make treating the billions during the process of depopulation. Monsanto is one of the most evil companies in the world, but big pharma ranks right up there too.

You would hazard right.

"This Chesterfield Village Research Center is truly a world-class facility and our agreement with Pfizer will enable both of our companies to maintain our deep research roots in St. Louis for years to come," said Robb Fraley, Ph.D., Monsanto's chief technology officer. "The research we do at this facility is the foundation of our business, paving the way for next-generation products that create real benefits on the farm and in our world. This is yet another investment in our ever-growing pipeline, which enables us to deliver new and improved technologies."

www.ksdk.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
We gonna stand around and watch our grandchildren weaken and wither like the wheat they are poisoning today?
I dont understand why these corporate criminals arent already doing hefty prison sentences or decorating gallowses somewhere.
The insanity, the very insanity of these maniacs is something for a sane man to behold! there is a limit.
Egyptians, have reached theirs, Tunisians have hit theirs,
The fact is its down to the sane against the insane in this world.
Those who would wish to destroy must in turn be desstroyed before they kill all of hum,anity for the profits of inhuman corporate monsters.
Either we make a move now while we have the means to make change, or we will suffer unimaginable horrors in the future world food chain.
The whole thing is going to come down to that one man, Like the tunisian self immolation that sparked this mass tide of humans calling for justice and freedom.
I just wonder sometimes how long itll take for it to happen.
Ive thought well, maybe.... a few times, and one time, well, i hate to think about that time, when i was almost sure it was going to happen, and i dug up a few things and hunkered down at home with the family close and waited.

Who this guy is gonna be , or when itll suddenly hit all of us at once that its a war and they are already inflicting mass casualties and deaths.
The seeds, the means of producing seeds, ie pollination ie bees.dying from nicotinoids.
The pesticides, it all makes a sort of psychopathic sense, but like true psychopaths, they fail to realise by killing us off they are poisoning the entire world.
They have no empathy for the human race, and i say that makes them the terrorists and true enemy of mankind of people everywhere regardless of race or creed or colour.
Certain types of crimes are simply so heinous, that society has no options but to erase the criminal from existance entirely.These are the ground that the corporate structures are breaking.....
Humanity, those of us who are still reasonably sane, have a duty .......the psychopaths now run the asylum.
Whatever happened to the old adage,'when you see a snake kill it.'
Monsanto may sow the dragons teeth, now, but someday they will, reap the whirlwind ..............
We cannot let this stand........

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I really wish I has more I could say about this. I am not sure what to do when there are so many failings in the system and so much consolidated power in the hands of a few. Maybe if the population is stupid enough to let this happen they should be extinct? idk, the corruption is rife and the topic is complex. It does make me sad.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I'm fairly new to the Monsanto problem but after watching Food Inc (at least I think it was that one) I've started checking the labels on the food that I buy.

A few days ago I was buying a tin of red kidney beans. Both the brand name and store brand versions contained High Fructose Corn Syrup. These were not in a sauce, in fact the Organic version I finally got were in water and salt. I don't need natural sugar added to foodstuffs for no reason so why would I want chemically altered gunk in them.

Are we putting corn derivatives in everything we can find just to justify the subsidies the farmers need to break even after they've paid Monsanto for sterile seed?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the farmers that are using these products , not only are they harmful theyre expensive too which leads to this .......
]The transition to using the latest pest-resistant seeds and the necessary herbicides has been difficult. Farmers have used genetically modified seeds promoted by Monsanto hoping for greater yields. Resulting debts from such gambles with genetically modified seeds have led some farmers into the equivalent of indentured servitude. More than 4,500 farmers have committed suicide, which some claim is mostly due to mounting debt caused by the poor yields, increased need for pesticides, and the higher cost of the Btcotton seed sold by Monsanto

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Are we putting corn derivatives in everything we can find just to justify the subsidies the farmers need to break even after they've paid Monsanto for sterile seed?

That would be part of it. Here in Australia it is very difficult to buy anything that does not have soy in it, a big GM crop. Another reason I can see is the slow poisoning of the population to make it sterile and therefore extinct. There are heaps of stories around of the elites wanting to kill of 80%-95% of the population and Monsanto is a very rich company. Sterility problems are already a big thing on the rise and there are many studies linking GM crops and herbicides to sterility. By doing it this way it provides cover for those behind the scene as the medical community just throws up its hands, puts it down to 21st century living and charges heaps if you want to have a kid.

The fact that we are eating food from sterile plants will in turn make us sterile is a clear link to the problem. We are what we eat.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I feel like I'm missing something here...
What does round up have to do with growing crops again? Why on gods green earth would you coat your crops in round up, regardless if it kills the crop, that crap is bad!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

What does round up have to do with growing crops again?

It is a herbicide and pesticide. The GM crops are genetically altered so it does not harm the crops, unless you have been genetically altered as well, it will harm you too. The GM crops also need special fertilizers. It is said that it takes a few years for the condition of the soil to 'improve' enough to work with this chemical soup and get good yields. After this stuff has been used on the soil it takes a long time for the usual crops to return.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The problem with Monsanto is that they have been known to sue farmers when pollen from Monsanto's frankan crops gets blown into the field of the organic farmer contaminating his crops. They then sue saying that the fact his seed has their patented gene in it makes the farmer guilty of patent infringement. I have a friend who is a plant geneticist who tells me that they make all of there patented gene sequences dominant so that they always show up in any plant that gets pollinated by the GMO crop. Of course Monsanto has taken it a step further they now have terminator genes in the seed they sell. It makes the plant grow normally but the seed that grows on that plant is non-viable so you can't save seed as it won't grow, you have to go back to Monsanto to get more seed. My friend says there is a reduction in food value from plants grown from terminator seed so it's less nutritious too. The keep the master plants in special green houses. I find it funny she works modifying plants for a big company and yet she has a sealed greenhouse to grow her own veggies and is very careful not to eat GMO foods, I suspect the big wigs at Monsanto are the same way in that they don't eat the crap they force on us.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I lived on a Farm recently, and for nearly a decade I lived there; I am a gardener and I have seen this happen often. It is the fault of the Farmer although ultimately is because of Monsanto and Agri-Grow, or whomever wants to put their company logo out there. The herbicide is a "pre-emergent" module, in that, when administered "accordingly and within specifications" will kill all seeds and all plants allowing the chosen seed to be inserted for germination within a specified time.

It is all a matter of timing, but, the kicker is that it is not being fully dispersed as it is suppose to; the variables are too many. Most of is it washed through the field by way of irrigation into Bedados or holding trenches, designed to carrry the salts, excess fertilizers, and chemicals to one place. Eventually the residuals are "suppose" to enter the aquifer within EPA's criteria, although this might be questionable because I have never seen sample results.

As a gardener on a working Farm I found that the herbicides and chemicals are "suspending" for too long, plants will grow and thrive for a period of time but then at a very critical moment their roots reach out to a pocket or layer of the "junk" and within a day they die. It is almost like seeing it happen "right before our eyes".

There is no Mystery here, it is pure and simple, people should not use herbicides at all; there are other options for the home gardener, and as far as the Farmer, it is clearly that they do not want to hire the workers who normally would go through before a planting and after a planting removing those unwanted plants that ultimately come back over and over again. As to why the invasives, the weeds, keep showing up is because in order to produce seed you cannot kill the soil, so most seed distribution modes for farmers are filled with an abundance of Morning Glories, Amaranth, grasses and so forth; they are actually the ones putting the weed seeds back in so this method is counter to their results most times. Some Farmers are very good at their "timing" methods and never run into this problem, but soon enough it happens to them all!

Monsanto will kill us all or they will kill themselves; we can only make a personal commitment right now, right here, to never use a Herbicide, a Pesticide, or unnatural Fertilizers ever again. Go into your garages and go into your homes and find a safe way of abating this from "Ground Zero" which is our homes and work-places. If we work for these monsters, if we are Farmers caught in the cycle of Agri/Co-op/industrializations just quit! Stop! It is that simple. Cut the monsters right where it hurts, by taking the very thing they thrive off of, you and your money!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

The employees refuse to eat any of the Monsanto food in their cafeteria.

Is there any more questions?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am just really really freaked out right now.

Having watched "Food Inc" i started to do a little resarch into Monsanto (i ll call em MS for short),
Some facts:

- They invented and created Agent Orange, which killed big parts or the vegetation and population in Vietnam.
And people there are still now suffering from the stuff, lots of babys are still born crippled.
- They invented genetically modified corn and soy beans and own 90% of the worldwide market on it.
- They sue and threaten farmers who keep their own seeds (for copyright infringement !!!)
- They changed the laws in a matter that farmers who do not use MS-seeds, and whose fields got "infected" with modified seeds from adjacent fields have to proof themselves, that they did not steal the seeds (!!!!!!)
(In a normal, working justice system it would be the farmers right to sue MS for genetically modifying their seeds)
- They used to have Investigators and black lists for farmers who do not want to cooperate, and even went that far to buy parts of Blackwater / XE (yes, them!!) to do this job in the future. Discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

- Now the killing what's left with "roundup"

So far i did take care what i eat, no meat, as less precessed food as possible.
ANd therefore thought to be on the better side.
But now i have to find out that 70-80% of all corn/soybeans are genetically modified, and these modified plants are in literally Everything from baking powder, xanthan, sweetener, ....

SERIOUSLY this has to stop, before they stop us.
Think of it: a company that has become big by producing WMD's is feeding us. HELP !!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Let me add:Neotame/Aspartame/Nutrasweet-All of which may make you colossally fat,cancerous and dead is made by......

Wait for it........

Guess who?

MONSANTO!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join