It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Egyptian Army: Remove Mubarak now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Obama to Egyptian Army: Remove Mubarak now

debka.com

Wednesday, Feb. 2, President Barack Obama delivered an ultimatum to Egyptian Vice President Omar Suleiman and the army and security chiefs: Mubarak must be removed in the coming hours or else US aid to Egypt will be cut off
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/2/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well its about time Obama do something .. i totally approve this news
released by Debka ??
didnt see that one coming
hope its true and worldwide media pick that up

Mubarak have lost all his chance ..ITS OVER

FREEDOM TO THE EGYPTIAN

Washington sources exclusively report. Pressure on the Egyptian armed forces to oust the president forthwith was further applied by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton who called Vice President Omar Suleiman, US Defense Secretary Robert Gates who called Egyptian defense minister Mohamed Tantawi, and US armed forces chief Adm. Mike Mullen in a telephone call to the Egyptian chief of staff Gen. Sami Enan.,

French President Nicolas Sarkozy, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and UK Prime Minister David Cameron were recruited earlier to lean hard on Egyptian army chiefs to bring Mubarak's presidency to an end in the coming hours.

Our sources report that all the Israelis remaining in Egypt, including news correspondents, were evacuated from Egypt Wednesday night in view of the danger of civil warfare spreading from the first confrontation in Tahrir Square between pro- and anti-Mubarak activists on the ninth day of the campaign for his overthrow.

It turned into a bloody collision with 30 confirmed dead and at least 2,000 injured - most of them protesters.
Obama slapped down his ultimatum when he saw Mubarak had unleashed the strong-arm squads of his National Democratic Party against the anti-government protesters, the day after he told the nation that he would stay for the remainder of his term as president.

The White House shot back: "President Barack Obama has been clear on Egypt that the transition must begin now, and now means now."
Obama hardened his position following three more occurrences:

debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Um..I wouldn't put too much faith in debka...

Actually, I wouldn't put any faith in them myself.........

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
Um..I wouldn't put too much faith in debka...

Actually, I wouldn't put any faith in them myself.........

yes indeed .. i know debka pretty much like you know it and all other ATS member know it
but why would they release this kind of news that dont support their interest

this news contradict Bibi statement to save the Mubarak regime at all cost

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Meh, If true its pure spin at this point. The US has been in bed with the current regime for decades and this is an attempt at damage control by appealing to the mob.
edit on 2/2/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is such a surprise, after all the allies of the current president
(America
United Kingdom)
Know they need to distance themselves from millions & millions of angry , upset people.
(Especially since it's in the middle east & we already know how strong the hatred is for the west already in some areas)
If you include religion in the argument too, most countries know they HAVE to distance themselves immediately.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Meh, If true its pure spin at this point. The US has been in bed with the current regime for decades and this is an attempt at damage control by appealing to the mob.
edit on 2/2/11 by FredT because: (no reason given)

Why would they release a lie ... i would lift up my hat to Obama if thats true .. for once he will take he president role seriously and act like a strong leader to the people

im impress by Debka releasing this .. thumb up
that never happened before lol

if its a lie .. its a crime releasing a false president statement .. impersonating the president words .. can be very costly..especially if its being released to the public like a true statement

i just hope this news its true .. i think it is

Obama have no choice now .. its logic .. that he ask this to the egyptian army
it will be the best move he made yet after being elected

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm not buying this story. If Obama made such a comment, then it would have had to be in a public setting, as he does not command the Egyptian military. Even if he had any secretive direct contact with the Egyptian military, then it would be kept secret at the highest levels.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Debka is unreliable.
Also the political implications of the U.S. administration making such an "ultimatum" would be enormous.

The U.S. cannot back the protesters completely due to the long, complicated and fairly uncomfortable relationship it has had with the Mubarak regime. The stance the admin is taking now is what you will see remain.
If the U.S. demanded this and it turned out badly it would take all the blame. Regardless of the outcome many would view whatever happens as illegitimate if the U.S. made explicit (and public) demands.

Now I have no doubt there is a deluge of communications happening through backchannels and diplomats that is not privy to public scrutiny (well at least until wikileaks gets the goods).

My two cents
I just hope this ends peacefully.

Obs out

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

My thoughts exactly...Obama could have done this years ago.

Why now as opposed to 20 months ago before all the chaos and bloodshed occurred.

Obama is simply trying to get out from behind the eight-ball on this one.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If I were the Egyptian government, the Army, or the protestors my basic answer to Obama would be: Bug off! Get out. Leave us alone! It's not your business.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
reply to post by FredT

My thoughts exactly...Obama could have done this years ago.

Why now as opposed to 20 months ago before all the chaos and bloodshed occurred.

Obama is simply trying to get out from behind the eight-ball on this one.

Then its about time he do this .. even if its behind closed door ... he will be applaused by worldwide leaders
and he will be seen like a hero to the egyptians people just waiting for this

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Now that their bets are hedged with Suleiman, they can rest assured that even with Mubarak out of the way, conditions will remain "favorable" to western and Israeli interests, so the lip service can begin.
Source

Suleiman has been implicated as directly involved in the controversial CIA "rendition" program.

Director of the Egyptian General Intelligence Directorate (EGID), the national intelligence agency, from 1993 to 2011. In his role as Director of EGID, the British Daily Telegraph dubbed him as "one of the world's most powerful spy chiefs". Foreign Policy magazine ranked him the Middle East's most powerful intelligence chief, ahead of Mossad chief Meir Dagan.

the Billmeister

edit on 2-2-2011 by Billmeister because: no edit, changed my mind.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

and that's why you shouldn't believe this, because they want you to believe that this is true. sadly, it isn't. as has been stated before by others in this thread, Egypt is a sovereign nation and as such the president of the US doesn't have any right telling the armed forces of another country to do one thing or another. do a research on disinformation.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
reply to post by Ben81

and that's why you shouldn't believe this, because they want you to believe that this is true. sadly, it isn't. as has been stated before by others in this thread, Egypt is a sovereign nation and as such the president of the US doesn't have any right telling the armed forces of another country to do one thing or another. do a research on disinformation.

oh but he have his rights telling exactly that .. you know the USA have paid for the Mubarak regime to be in place ... if he cant do the job properly to be a good president .. then Obama cant make this SUGESTION
to the egyptians army

many Egyptians still think American is a allied ... its Mubarak the problem
even its own army doesnt like him
except some high paid toughs to beat protester and start chaos in the streets
while protesters are protesting peacefully

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
John King on CNN just confirmed the news while speaking to his female collegue ..
Obama waited 3 time and now told Mubarak to go (JK said something like that)

but why this news is not on the front page of CNN .. is a mystery to me

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I do not trust Debka as a reliable source for news. However let us assume this is true that is where I must say I think Obama’s approach is wrong simply because he has no business actually having an approach. The United States should end foreign aid to Egypt immediately, all nations preferably, and do not even take sides on this situation.

This is an Egyptian crisis that the United States should not be involved in.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If true (and I am not saying it is) this is very disturbing....is the Obama Admin purposely supporting the possibility that Egypt become a radical state? Doesn't make alot of sense, in so far as the security situation in the Middle East. (Unless you want to go to the whole idea that Obama is really a Muslim....therefore he is supporting his buddies).

While often Debka seems to be Isrealis propaganda, someone I know who is "in the know" so to speak said Debka is alot more accurate on Mid East info then many think.......

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This doesnt sound like obama at all. As CNN pointed out, hes watching the events very closely...on TV.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Surely this would have been on CNN..

?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join