It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did you join ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I did something that I don't usually do.I joined this site.After looking through the site and finding there were peolpe here who shared the views I hold.I also enjoy the people who disagree with my views. There are a great many folks here who give well supported and well thought out answers.I find great value in their views,whether they agree with me or not.My goal in life is to never stop learning....as my grandfather once told me if you learn one new thing everyday of your life ,you will still never know everything there is to know. I saw this site as a way to learn as much as I can and to perhaps make some friends as you can never have enough friends.What are your thoughts?
edit on 2/2/2011 by lonegurkha because: grammer

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
To check off items on my list of things I don't know.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
I did something that I don't usually do.I joined this site.After looking through the site and finding there were peolpe here who shared the views I hold.I also enjoy the people who disagree with my views. There are a great many folks here who give well supported and well thought out answers.I find great value in their views,whether they agree with me or not.My goal in life is to never stop learning....as my grandfather once told me if you learn one new thing everyday of your life ,you will still never know everything there is to know. I saw this site as a way to learn as much as I can and to perhaps make some friends as you can never have enough friends.What are your thoughts?
edit on 2/2/2011 by lonegurkha because: grammer

Because I wanted to read threads that started with "Why did you join ATS?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

I joined for the Free Juice and Biscuits....

Then i realised there was no free juice...Or Biscuits....

But i stuck around because the Banter was good

edit on 2/2/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

link   

Well, the CIA promised to send me a cheque in the mail for every week I spy participate on ATS.

link   

I joined because I liked reading the interesting discussions people had, but there were several times I thought I'd like to speak up and say something too. So, here I am.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Its because this used to be a board that used alot of critical thinking in the debates, and i liked that. Today its mostly trolling board, but thats the net.

But i liked the board at first and still do, but its different than when i joined.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I joined for 2 reasons.
1.I stumbled in here while researching ufos after I had a sighting.
2.The level of civil conversation even if both people were on opposite ends in a discussion.I was impressed with how the site is run.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I joined because I am studying mental illness, and this is a great forum where people gather with mental illnesses to talk about their fantasies... it's kind of cute :-P

Hahahahaha in all seriousness I joined because I was impressed with the integrity of the people who posted on here as I browsed through the threads.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I came searching for answers. I understand that not all the answers are here, but I like how everyone has their own views/theories, as I like to keep my mind open. Also a lot of very helpful people on ATS too. Awesome site!

Peace 2 all

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I will point out obvious.

There is an ats radio show...you do know that right, that you even as a new guy are able to dial up and pose your views and opinions without any barriers. Something that high profiled radio call stations tend to call as "screened", but here you are more and able to dial up, voice your opinion and go to head to head with who ever regardless of time on line just as long as you have the ability to incorporate what many news outlets have dismissed as " dialogue"

In short...welcome to ats.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I first joined ATS because i wanted to know what kind of aircraft this is.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Did you find out?Just to take a guess,Is that the new hypersonic plane that has been occasionally seen here and there?
edit on 2/2/2011 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I joined because I find the topics here of great interest, and it spurs me onto further research into the topics I enjoy. I also like the fact that most people here are civil compared to many other sites that I have viewed and posted to.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

about the same reason as you, I never join forums or chats but thought this one was neato burrito & has interesting topics, i like the paranormal topics not much into conspiracy myself

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The image is taken in the early or mid 80s. There has been a lot of talk of this being a fake. In other words there has been a lot of suggestions. But no real information that can nail it.

I still dont know any facts about this aircraft.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Its a weatherballoon.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You joined ats for a single picture, how about i rephrase the question and you answer me are the triangle vessels earth bound or alien.

So we enjoy the occasional leo ...so what you actually thought otherwise.

edit on 2-2-2011 by tristar because: ats

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by spy66

Its a weatherballoon.

na, its swamp gas.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Looks like someone blended a Lockheed SR-71 nose with elements of a Boeing B1-B.... Appears it's meant to be a long range bomber or recon plane. In any event, can't imagine it was actually built, as it's mission profile is either already served by existing planes, or now done with drones.

This is still (in my opinion) one of the sexiest planes I've ever seen (from the movie Firefox)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15773e50a9fd.jpg[/atsimg]

To answer the OP though, I was searching on Bob Lazar, and that's how I ended up here.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join