It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glimpses into the future?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's easy, but I dont really know how to say it in English, so to piss you even more off I will say it in Dutch

"Sommige dingen hoeven niet bewezen te worden omdat ze onlogisch en irrationeel zijn en hier ook op ieder vlak tegen in gaan, mensen met een gezond verstand zouden moeten weten dat het niet eens de moeite is om zulke bizarre overtuigingen te moeten bewijzen doormiddel van wetenschappelijk onderbouwde argumenten"

So, actually it is something like "if it can't be proven, then it just can't"
, easy.....
edit on 4-2-2011 by notimportant because: Im to stupid to do it right the first time

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Unfortunately for you I am dutch. Fail!!

Jy moet dink voor jy sulke snert praat.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Had dat eerder gezegd

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Jammer jong. Moes jou seker gese het. haha

Anyway,no more dutch.Before the mods come spank us

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Why you talk in such a weird accent? Are you from South Africa, or are you Dutch/American ?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm a dutch south african/afrikaner

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Allright, I understand, but thats more like Old Dutch, ah well, I can understand it

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

lol. Good to know. Too bad we can't talk in dutch on these threads.Guess it for the best.

Anyway,back to the topic....

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
TY for not speaking in dutch, i persoannly dont take any offence to it, its just that i cant find a translator that works efficiently enough

Originally posted by notimportant

Well to be honest, science already solved those things haha, but you rather believe the information of some alchoholic, jobless, psychotic, amateur home researcher than the true information from the professionals which studied many years on a university and have learned to use their brains in the right way.

The unexplained don't happen, the problem is that you refuse to believe science and rational thought. You just can't handle the truth thats why you are making your own...

ok sooo... in my amatuer researching i have come up with many articles involving "true information from professionals which studied many years on a university"

Stanley Krippner
Micheal Ullman
the late Charles Honorton

Within these wiki links are an abundance of other links and such which would be too much info for me to put here, but these links should be a good place for anyone paying attention to this thread to do so "amatuer" research.

There have been many other names from the scientific community who have also researched the subject matter since the 1930's and probabaly older if i keep reading.
In the many pages and hours i have been reading i have come across many theories and postulations which have been presented, but no hard facts to either prove or disprove your ideas, or mine. so unless you have any further FACTS to back up your claims please stop making them

Well, I don't see the use of that, there is a big chance that you will not believe it or you will try to debunk my theory. I'm not here to do that, I'm here to get you all out of that fantasy world of yours.

you mean kinda like the way you refuse to beleive what other people have already shared with you?
Not very scientific or rational....
I am surprised that you have such a dismal outlook in reguards to the people on this forum. I have only recently just made this account to interact with the community which i have spent much time in over the past few years. I did so because, eventhough there are individuals ( i wont mention any names [HINT HINT]) who seem unable to think or react outside of the accepted norms, i find that most who take part here are open and willing to listen to new/different ideas. with that in mind ill ask again....

tell us of your experiences...
has there been more than one?
did it change you in any way?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have dreams like this all the time. They always seem meaningless at first then, like you said, everything comes back to you and makes sense. I had a dream once of driving down the street to a specific place with an, at the time, unknown passenger. Soon after I met this woman and we hit it off and started dating. A couple of months into the relationship I found myself re-living this dream with her in the car on the way to the library. It was such an overwhelming sense of deja vu that I even told her "this all happened in a dream I had months before i met you." Of course she just thought it was funny and we had a good laugh about it. Ive always wondered though if dreams like that were glimpses of our "destiny" or just our minds calculating varibles and coming up with a conclusion. Nice to know that I'm not the only person who experiences this

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Well, I don't see the use of that, there is a big chance that you will not believe it or you will try to debunk my theory. I'm not here to do that, I'm here to get you all out of that fantasy world of yours.

If you just use rational/logical thinking then you will see that every theory on this forum is based on absolutely nothing at all.... It is up to you to start doing that, and if you refuse to do so it wouldn't take very long before you go crazy and will be institutionalised.

Hi,

Dang! I was hoping to read what your theories had to say since it seems as if a claim is made that those of us who do experience such things must be suffering some mental health disorder.

The theories are fine and I am sure they must apply in some cases with obvious mental health issues. But, and please understand that there are Limitations to all Theory.... they cannot apply to all cases all the time, especially in such cases where prior knowledge of an event is proven.

Now, I do understand that many people today expect everyone to tell lies, because for some strange reason dishonesty has become an accepted part of life for the majority. I refuse to accept this, I rally against it daily in the world, I speak up to those who choose dishonesty, I show their dishonesty for what it is.. and I do so for one reason only.. I choose total honesty at all times, even if that is an uncomfortable experience for me and others. To do otherwise is to be a part of the problem.

Hence my sharing of those few events are done with absolute honesty for how they came about and what their outcomes were. I understand how those things work for me since I have a had 50 years of them so far, which is enough time to understand their workings very well.

That these experiences for me do not fit with your Theories is not a problem for me, I can accept that you view things differently, and most likely because you have not had such experiences yourself that were Reliable enough to make you review your theories... as yet.

But I would still like to read what you have to say about them, even if I were disagree. What you have to share here is of equal value to me. I value science highly for it provides great understanding of the workings of many things in our physical world.

edit on 4-2-2011 by Tayesin because: spelling

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

But I would still like to read what you have to say about them, even if I were disagree. What you have to share here is of equal value to me. I value science highly for it provides great understanding of the workings of many things in our physical world.

Yup, I didn't mean to scare off NotImportant. Your opinion has value to me. Like I said I'm just looking for answers. Pretty sure every member on this site is looking for an answer to some unexplained phenomena. Just do it in a civilized manner without having to attack anyone or try belittling them. Every human has worth no matter what their belief system is or where they came from.

Deel met ons

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Thanks for the links.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SmGeeZee

Feel the same way. Glad to see there's a few other having the same kind of dreams. I've tried thinking of all kinds of explanations for it but none really stick. Though some of the information I got from this thread helped a lot in piecing the puzzle together. It's strange indeed.

Though, I think there's a whole lot of different dreams. Some merely symbolize something and ones like in this thread some how come true.

I'm not sure if this will actually happen but I doubt it. Think it's merely some process in the brain trying to make sense of what happened through out the day.

But I had this dream where I saw an accident involving a car and a truck. The person came out of the passenger side and started skidding across the road until eventually the bottom half of his body came off. Gross I know but ya...

Than I had one where I thought my father was leaning over me saying don't get so irritated. Thought it was actually happening until I realized I was dreaming.

Though, I each dream feels different. Some more real than others.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Nope, its funny to read how you talk about your opinion like it is a fact. For example:

As far as I understand dreams are still very much still a mystery to the science world. Science hasn't answered all of life's questions nor is it always correct. The unexplained do happen and for the most part science fails to answer it.

Well to be honest, science already solved those things haha, but you rather believe the information of some alchoholic, jobless, psychotic, amateur home researcher than the true information from the professionals which studied many years on a university and have learned to use their brains in the right way.

The unexplained don't happen, the problem is that you refuse to believe science and rational thought. You just can't handle the truth thats why you are making your own...

I don't believe those scientists have learned to use their brains in the 'right way'. If they had, they'd realize that life is based on points of energy output and probabilities. I think everyone is psychic to a degree. Not all my dreams are a rehash of the day. Some are very prophetic and some only giving me clues to what will probably happen the next day. I think science has a ways to go yet.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Last one I had: While up at NWMSU for college, I had a dream that I was in some apartment I had never been in and watching Charlie Bartlett with director's commentary with my girlfriend. I woke up thinking it was the weirdest dream, weird enough for me to tell my friend Nikki about it that morning. That summer I moved in with my girlfriend's in her new apartment I hadn't seen until the day I moved in. Sometime later we were bored and decided to watch Charlie Bartlett with, you guessed it, commentary. Right about the scene where Kat Dennings is yelling at Robert Downy Jr. in the driveway it all came back to me. I told my girlfriend about the experience and even texted Nikki who confirmed me telling her about it months ago.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I've had dozens of these happen, mostly over the last year or so. Most of mine are disasters in the dream - running from tornadoes or trying to cross a bridge in a major storm and the bridge is all washed out and falling apart. Thing is, I then will be traveling (full-time RVer, so I do move around a bit) and I'll cross through an area from a tornado dream or cross a bridge from a dream. I recently moved west to Albuquerque, then high tailed it back to Florida after realizing things were actually worse out there, but on the way I lost count of the eery deja vu events.. Crossing the bridge in Louisiana on I20 I think really blew me away...remembered it like it was yesterday - the thing was in shambles with mangroves growing up through broken sections...lightning flashing and strong wind

I like to think they are markers (like RadicalRebel says) - lots of difficult events have been occurring in my life personally surrounding these that I know I was absolutely meant to experience and learn from. Also, that whole 11:11 thing pops into my life during these times - route 111, breaking down at exit 111, getting back on the road at 11:11, etc..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

You would probably be interested in Carl Jung and his concept of syncronicity.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

Wow, thanks man. Really enjoyed Carl Jung's theory of synchronicity.

For anyone that's interested.

Carl Jung's Theory of Synchronicity

He's favourite quote says a lot-

'It's very good jam,' said the Queen.
'Well, I don't want any TO-DAY, at any rate.'
'You couldn't have it if you DID want it,' the Queen said. 'The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday--but never jam to-day.'
'It MUST come sometimes to "jam to-day,"' Alice objected.
'No, it can't,' said the Queen. 'It's jam every OTHER day: to-day isn't any OTHER day, you know.'
'I don't understand you,' said Alice. 'It's dreadfully confusing!'
'That's the effect of living backwards,' the Queen said kindly: 'it always makes one a little giddy at first--'
'Living backwards!' Alice repeated in great astonishment. 'I never heard of such a thing!'
'--but there's one great advantage in it, that one's memory works both ways.'
'I'm sure MINE only works one way,' Alice remarked. 'I can't remember things before they happen.'
'It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards,' the Queen remarked.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join