It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA unveils 'generic' body scans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

TSA unveils 'generic' body scans

www.usatoday.com

The Transportation Security Administration began testing on Tuesday new software that will transmit more modest images of travelers' bodies on some of its controversial airport screening machines.

The new technology is designed to detect potential explosives and show them on a blurred "generic outline" of a person projected a monitor that can be seen by screeners and travelers. The outline will be identical for all passengers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The article says that the new technology is only for "radio wave scanners," not the x-ray scanners, and that the software is "a filtering technique" that does little to eliminate privacy concerns.

I guess they're counting on the fat, dumb & happy, naked & nuked sheeple to buy this load of BS.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This doesn't mean less radiation though...

While they should consider everyone's modesty, that's what's more important if you ask me!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

One thing positive about it: it shows TSA and Nappy are hearing the outcries, or more exactly congress and Obummers advisers.

Sooner or later the Mike Jerkoff (Chertoff) conspiracy to get these dangerous, useless and invasive scanners in place may be scrapped.

They will realize one well trained k9 is worth more than ten of these expensive and infuriating one-armed bandit boondoggles.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I just started another thread on this and am sure it will be killed. So I will drop my post here as it still applies.

People you have been hit with a soft false flag event over the last year.

What better way to get the people accepting of the scanners than make them as shocking as possible then soften them up all warm and fuzzy like.

Think about this for a moment.

Why would they start with this image ( the green funk was added by me as to not offend anyone, yeah they are that bad):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b18f952a7a84.jpg[/atsimg]

As if they knew not that this would piss a lot off????

Just to six months later say oh we are sorry, we knew not that you would not like the ® RAPESCAN.

BUT, we have a solution.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03cc8b1162e7.jpeg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eeede841ac4e.jpg[/atsimg]

Now isn't that better?

You have been had.

Is it not bad enough to use false flag events to go to war, now thy are used to condition us for a war on our rights and dignity.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I just wanted to add. I used to work in the security infrastructure industry. I want NOTHING to do with it these days as I do not want to "profit" off this fear based society we live in.

I got a little upset when I saw this article because I used to be in this industry and fear and peoples reaction to fear is good for business, I know how it works. And it will work this time too.

WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS GODDAMN IT, OUR LIVES HAVE VALUE...........
edit on 1-2-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

MBF

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'd like to see all the men walk through them things with a cucumber taped to their leg. Line 2.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Nice job, Timewalker. A picture is truly worth a thousand words.

A cucumber, MBF? You almost made coffee come out of my nose.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
posting this on all tsa threads, i think everybody needs a laugh.
i guess the tptb thought it to be to explicit
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread659558/pg1

new topics

top topics

join