It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood: ‘Prepare Egyptians for war with Israel'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Muslim Brotherhood: ‘Prepare Egyptians for war with Israel'

A leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt told the Arabic-language Iranian news network Al-Alam on Monday that he would like to see the Egyptian people prepare for war against Israel, according to the Hebrew-language business newspaper Calcalist.

Muhammad Ghannem reportedly told Al- Alam that the Suez Canal should be closed immediately, and that the flow of gas from Egypt to Israel should cease “in order to bring about the downfall of the Mubarak regime.” He added that “the people should be prepared for war against Israel,” saying the world should understand that “the Egyptian people are prepared for anything to get rid of this regime.”

Ghannem praised Egyptian soldiers deployed by President Hosni Mubarak to Egyptian cities, saying they “would not kill their brothers.” He added that Washington was forced to abandon plans to help Mubarak stay in power after “seeing millions head for the streets.”

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
...and so it begins... It was only a matter of time before the extremists groups tried to hijack the protests. I really hope the Muslim Bortherhood has misread the intents of the protesters and get their asses chucked out like Mubarik.

I really do not think these extremists groups have an adequate understanding of what will happen if they attack Israel. All the more telling is where he gave the interview... Within Iran. Anyone else see their fingerprints all over this?

It started not withTunisia, but Lebanon. I find it interesting how El Baradei use the term dictator when describing Mubarik, but refrains from using the same terms when referring to Syria or Iran. This is the man who was head if the IAEA and who has been accused of running interference for IRan and their program.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
like thats not going to end in tears for egypt, what a dumb move

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

isnt iran a democracy with a voted in leader

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I dont think it necessarily means doom. The reason I say that is because the Egyptian people have shown they are capable of free thought and (let's hope!) would overthrow this government in a heartbeat if they tried to instigate Isreal.

I do not support Isreal, but I do not support war either.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think you can take what he said another way. He never said prepare to attack israel. Its a very real possibility that Israel can attack egypt during this period of chaos to gain the Sinai. I've even heard Mubarak supporters in Egypt say the same thing.

But anything to make the world fear islamists. Go on.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

isnt iran a democracy with a voted in leader

Just like Iraq was...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood will be to Obama what Yassar Arafat was to Jimmy Carter!
They will be around for quite awhile.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
A must watch video!!!

there will be a war very soon. israel will be weakened. Damascus will be destroyed. and thats when the Zionist will unleash the sufyani in april of 2012.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
I think you can take what he said another way. He never said prepare to attack israel. Its a very real possibility that Israel can attack egypt during this period of chaos to gain the Sinai. I've even heard Mubarak supporters in Egypt say the same thing.

But anything to make the world fear islamists. Go on.

Which would be a perfect example of how Governments in the Middle East, when faced with internal dissent, will use Israel or the United States in a trumped up manner to divert attention. Anytime a major internal issue occurs, go back and read the headlines when they addres it.

Its the same thing time after time... Israel did this, the US did that, the West this, Israel that.

Contrary to the propoganda being churned out, Israel has no intentions of starting a war. Why? Because iof they did it would mean the end of international support (what they have left). Secondly it would unite the Middle East people in such a manner that the events in Palestine would look like cold and flu season.

It would not be like the first few wars Israel fought when they were attacked. Several of their neighbors have the same equipment Israel does.

Israels only stated concern about Egypt is if Mubarik is removed, they fear the peace treaty in place will go away, and if we use history as our guide, its a legitimate concern.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You cannot say israel and the Us have nothing to do with the situation in Egypt right now. They have everything to do with egypt. Its not propaganda its open knowledge.

Israel's goal is to expand. Ask any hardcore Zionist. They will start wars, but in such a way to make them look like the victim.

For example, they violate Lebanon's air space on a daily basis trying to provoke them. If Hesbollah shoots down a plane, Israel will be the victim hence justifying another war.

Israel is the master of false flags. I believe the Lavon Affair was a false flag meant to be blamed on the Muslim Brotherhood (according to wiki anyways). One must examine these events of history very closely before making judgments about who's a terrorist organization and who isn't.

edit on 1-2-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Its a very real possibility that Israel can attack egypt during this period of chaos to gain the Sinai. I've even heard Mubarak supporters in Egypt say the same thing.

But anything to make the world fear islamists.

They had the sinai.
They gave it back.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Jerusalam Post??

Got another source that is not pushing the fear propaganda?

A link to the Al- Alam article?

Sounds like the zionists are going for a '2 for 1' - Iran and the brotherhood.

edit on 1-2-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

I agree with u , smells like propaganda .

Now I am no expert on this muslem brotherhood but from the little I did read they are agienst violence .

en.wikipedia.org...

Sounds like propaganda to put fear into any Egyptian who might catch word of this so that they don't chose this bunch to be there next government .

From that wikki blurb and how they view women I don't think the muslem brotherhood will get the backing needed to hold power in the next government
edit on 1-2-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

One must also examine history in an honest, objective, impartial way, not pick and choose events to prove a point while ignoring whatever facts don't fit the narrative.

Ask any hardcore Zionist and they will tell you Israel needs to expend.

Ask the other 95% of Israeli population and they will tell you they just want to live in peace.

Ask an Israeli politician, and you'd get a headache.

So, no, there's no point in a war.

And I agree, I don't think this guy is cause for concern. Egypt is not going to attack Israel..

top topics

join