It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashing eyes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I had a peculiar thing happen a while back that has been playing on my mind for an explanation. I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced it.
I was talking to my husband of over 30 years about mundane household things when suddenly his eyes flashed the most brightest blue I have ever seen. He does have blue eyes but they are by no means a vivid blue. I was just speachless for a few seconds and he kept asking me what was wrong because I looked so shocked. I told him his eyes had just turned the most vivid and brilliant blue I had ever seen, he rushed to look in the mirror and used some expletives in shock. It was about 2 minutes later that they returned back to their usual hue.
Nothing happened out of the ordinary, he felt no different etc but we were just so shocked. We spoke with some family members who we felt would not ridicule us but they had never heard of it happening before and just found it extraordinary. This happened last summer and has never happened again since but I am still hoping for some explanation of the event. Any ideas would be welcomed.
Thanks, Squiz

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Did you get a picture?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

It never occurred to me to take a picture as I was so shocked but if you didnt know him you wouldn't have known what colour the eyes were in the 1st place.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is an intresting read. Im not sure what you say probably just reflection right place right time type thing but who knows ...

www.straightdope.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

After it happened and we calmed down I tried to rationalise it all. We were in the lounge, no sudden bright lights from anywhere as it was daytime, also when he went to look in the mirror, that was i another room and for approximately 2 minutes they were this new colour. I got him to open his eyes wide etc trying to find a way to recreate it so we had an answer, looks like this is still going to be unexplained. I posted to find out if anyone else had ever seen it happen but thanks for replying.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ambient light and colour contrasts can do some strange things to eye colour.

My eyes get what my girlfriend calls "photoshop blue", if I'm wearing rust colour tops on overcast days.

Sometimes it happens if a cloud darkens the sun for a moment, then it's gone.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
it is God. God happened. It is love. Love makes us unique as entities, because we are given a very great capacity to love our Lord whom created us. This deep love, if not specifically for God at the time, but maybe for you, brought out this deep blue vividness; also, it is a sign that you are (he is) becoming more aware of the forces at work around us. (but also, generally bright light can do that to blue eyes, and resisting powerful demon forces as I have found).

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by squizzy

True, too bad though. Did you guys try to figure out anything that could have been different? Did anything about his personality change after that, like as if his body were taken over by an alien?

There are books about what are called 'Walk-In Souls' or 'Walk-Ins' where another soul shares or takes over a persons body which sounds like what you may have there. You might want to check out "Strangers Among Us!" by Ruth Montgomery.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

God came into our lives many years before and yes I can say that our love for each other was intensified but our faith was not altered by this experience, we neither believed it was from god or demonic just a strange thing to happen as they literally flashed a few times before stayng vivid for those few minutes.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
It really could be anything. I would say, though, that I try to cover all angles in the 2012 scenario thing and there are those in the science field that agree that earth will receive an ever increasing amount of energy from the sun and the even more once we swipe through the galactic plane. What does that mean? Who knows. Several people make all sorts of claims, however, some believe that between now and then, our DNA will slowly be bombarded with this energy at an ever increasing rate with the sole intention of upgrading our DNA. Maybe something changed in your husband's DNA.

Regardless, whatever is it, must have been neat to see. I think from here on out, we are sure to see things we haven't seen as a civilization in a long time or even for the first time. Everybody's got it covered from every angle.

edit on 1-2-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join