It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming Solar Storm - Announcement!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I am really concerned about this report which I have just read and is supposed to be a New Report from Nasa! If you go to the link, scrole to the bottom of the page where it is flashing 'NEW'
Apparently they are announcing that the 2012 scenario that we have all been concerned about is a very real threat and that we are currently now passing through a Huge Space Cloud.
I truely hope this isn't true but Heaven Help us all if it is.

I am also bearing in mind our current extreme weather events - two superstorms on two continents. Australia is now facing an upgraded Cyclone of Cat 5.
The link would explain it all for sure!

______beforeitsnews/story/387/950/NASA_Finally_Warns_Public_About_2012_Solar_Strom_..._A_Watchmans_Report.html

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

If this is true, and we will be experiencing horrific weather for the next few years... I hope most of us can make it.

I'm at a loss for words.... I truly hope it's not as bad as they are making it out to be.
s+F
edit on 1-2-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

NASA have been saying something similar for some time. This is not exactly news. I would say however that the Solar Maximum now looks like 2015 so I guess this may be put back.

Up to you of course but I would seriously recommend that you do not consider the site you linked to as in any way reliable about anything.

You might find this ATS thread useful
Solar Activity Watch 2011

edit on 1/2/2011 by PuterMan because: missing words, bad spelling - the usual stuff!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am very interested but you should post the link to the NASA site you read this from.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tacticz86

Here is a link to NASA but this was written in 2006 and at that time they were forecasting a really bad Solar Max. It has not happened as they predicted so far and the estimates are getting lower and lower.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I agree but to be honest I just don't trust Nasa to give us the truth which makes this supposed announcement even more worrying.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2

I agree but to be honest I just don't trust Nasa to give us the truth which makes this supposed announcement even more worrying.

Theres also reports today of a Russian Satalite has fallen from the sky and they are reporting Cat 5 damage. Don't know what that mean. But I think we all know that nothing is normal anymore.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Apparently they are announcing that the 2012 scenario that we have all been concerned about is a very real threat and that we are currently now passing through a Huge Space Cloud. I truely hope this isn't true but Heaven Help us all if it is.

I wonder if it's this stuff:

Interstellar Fluff:
science.nasa.gov...

Sign up for EXPRESS SCIENCE NEWS delivery Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. It's about 30 light years wide and contains a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C. The existential mystery of the Fluff has to do with its surroundings. About 10 million years ago, a cluster of supernovas exploded nearby, creating a giant bubble of million-degree gas. The Fluff is completely surrounded by this high-pressure supernova exhaust and should be crushed or dispersed by it.

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space. On the other hand, astronauts wouldn't have to travel so far because interstellar space would be closer than ever. These events would play out on time scales of tens to hundreds of thousands of years, which is how long it takes for the solar system to move from one cloud to the next.

Interesting times ahead maybe.....
edit on 1-2-2011 by snowspirit because: added quote

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Do you know of a good reliable site that shows the magnetic pole shift, trends, events, etc.?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Doesnt it say that 2006 was a solar minimum and they expect some high activity in 2010-2011. solar max in 2012.
they arent wrong because its the beginning of 2011,

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Yes but they forecast the Solar Max as 2012 but it has not happened as I said. The number of sunspots is nowhere near what was forecast, and the forecasts have been revised 3 times I believe.

See this. NASA Sun Spot Number predictions revised again

Edit: Just realised that does not make sense. When I say it has not happened, of course 2012 has not happened. What I mean is that the cycle has not moved along or up as predicted and is lagging behind the original dates.

edit on 1/2/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

Are you talking about pole magnetic pole shift, which is the normal wandering of the magnetic poles (in which case NASA or Wikipedia might be of interest) or pole reversal in which case you will find a little about it here. As to anything further on that I am afraid I do not know.

edit on 1/2/2011 by PuterMan because: Link problems. Mm nasty!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Just so you all know, Before It's News is not a credible source.

Sorcha Faal is a regular contributor and anybody that knows her, well, there you go.

I doubt that NASA or any 3 letter agency affiliated with the government would EVER tell the people of some SHTF scenario that was actually likely to happen.

The movie 2012 is actually the most reasonable of scenarios in regards to the behaviour of the government.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
For the LOVE OF GOD would people stop posting links to BeforeItsNews.com!!!???

Why do I say this? Well....The BIN.com story, while it is posted on Jan 31, 2011, the section below flashing "NEWS FLASH" isn't "new" at all.

If you click their source article it takes you to this completely illegal copyright infringement site that is posting an ENTIRE webpage in an frame.

If you go to that original story at the HuffingtonPost.com- you'll see that the original date of the article was December 29, 2009.

And that, boys & girls, is why we don't post to BeforeItsNews.com - they mislead, obfuscate, and sometimes outright lie about what the news is. That is completely counter to ATS's motto: Deny Ignorance.

BIN.com creates ignorance.
edit on 1-2-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I've seen those sights, thanks. I'm just being lazy today and don't feel like googling. I'm looking for any current magnetic anomalies.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Just so you all know, Before It's News is not a credible source.

Sorcha Faal is a regular contributor and anybody that knows her, well, there you go.

I doubt that NASA or any 3 letter agency affiliated with the government would EVER tell the people of some SHTF scenario that was actually likely to happen.

The movie 2012 is actually the most reasonable of scenarios in regards to the behaviour of the government.

~Keeper

I see where you are coming from and to an extent agree but surely all these sites have their element of extremists like Sasha D. But you can't wholely judge a site by its contributers. I think it's up to those viewing these sites to do their own research and decide for themselves. I personally have had some very reliable info from BINs that has proven to be true hence it comes down to your own discernment of what may or may not be credible information.

Hope you don't mind me pointing this out, I just think it's a little unfare.

top topics

join