It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What is your favorite Brand of AR15

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
With the mass amount of makers ranging from DPMS, Bushmaster, Daniel Defense, Knights Armament, etc what is your favorite brand.

Personally, I love Spikes Tactical. They are extremely well built for the price, very accurate and have lots of cool accessories. The fit and finish is exact and the spider logo is pretty cool.



I'm saving up for their Nickel Boron BCG from aim surplus.

I noticed they make a 5.45x39 upper as well that comes with that Nickel Boron BCG and I would love to have that upper.

Anyhow, I'm sorta new here but I love talking about guns so lets see what ya got!!




posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't have a favorite brand yet. I've only owned 1 AR15 and that was a CMMG lower, Stag Upper. I ended up selling it. I just recently put a pre-order down on a PWS MK114 and I should have that by the end of the month, I hope. I've read a lot of really great things about PWS rifles. Can't wait!!



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Dae Woo best little gun for the mon....
South koreas honey of an assault rifle boasts best oif both worlds....
has the Ak piston set up with m16 bolt mech...simple to take down and clean...folding stock too



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Patriot Ordinance for sure, by far the best rifle ive ever shot



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by fatalwishes
 


I have a Spike's as well, very well made, smooth edges everywhere. The flag and spider points it out even more. I believe I will always buy from Spikes.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Dae Woo best little gun for the mon....
South koreas honey of an assault rifle boasts best oif both worlds....
has the Ak piston set up with m16 bolt mech...simple to take down and clean...folding stock too


You talking about a K1 or K2? Tell me more. I love learning about new rifles. I've never heard of this until you brought it up and I Googled it.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaPpedDoG
I don't have a favorite brand yet. I've only owned 1 AR15 and that was a CMMG lower, Stag Upper. I ended up selling it. I just recently put a pre-order down on a PWS MK114 and I should have that by the end of the month, I hope. I've read a lot of really great things about PWS rifles. Can't wait!!


Dude that looks sweet. Is that piston or gas operated?



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by fatalwishes
 


It's a long stroke piston system. Basically an AR15 with AK DNA



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutedwar
Patriot Ordinance for sure, by far the best rifle ive ever shot


Cool I have not heard of them

I like that one.

www.pof-usa.com...



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaPpedDoG
reply to post by fatalwishes
 


It's a long stroke piston system. Basically an AR15 with AK DNA


Hee hee I want one.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The only company I really don't like is DPMS. Their parts are proprietary, and they're production methods are cheap. I prefer companies that use Mil-Spec parts for the interchangeability.

Bushmaster and Armalite are great, but Knights Armament makes ARs you can drop from a helicopter and they'll still be ok.

ETA:
Piston systems are great for any rifle BUT the AR 15, it's simply a maintenance issue for me...

edit on 1-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I had a Bushmaster M4 and it was a total piece of crap. Constantly malfunctioning in every way possible.
Finally after about 1500+ rounds of trying to work it out I got rid of it.

It was such a bad rifle that I won't go back to that platform again... so sorry... no favorite here.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
The only company I really don't like is DPMS. Their parts are proprietary, and they're production methods are cheap. I prefer companies that use Mil-Spec parts for the interchangeability.

Bushmaster and Armalite are great, but Knights Armament makes ARs you can drop from a helicopter and they'll still be ok.

ETA:
Piston systems are great for any rifle BUT the AR 15, it's simply a maintenance issue for me...

edit on 1-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



Yeah Knights Armament is the #. I have their quad fore end on my Spikes along with their sights, grip, and ambi mag release.

I'd love to get a complete AR from them.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Rock river is my favotire but im making the switch to bolt guns. ARs are nice if you are in combat but i need more distance.



posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Careful what you post, this is exactly how they hunt for assault rifle enthusiasts online... Then check through other posts to see if you have strong anti-government sentiments etc. and if you do have "red flags", you could end up on a list, and/or be targeted for investigation.




posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Bravo Company my upper by them its bullet prof after I had it a years or so this add came out. 31000 rounds still going



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SnakeShot
 


The only REAL problem I've ever had with AR platform rifles is trying to feed them steel cased wolf ammo. If you're not careful you can rough up your chamber with that crap and cause a lot of problems.

AKs will eat that crap up all day long, but I'm not a fan of the AK47.
edit on 2-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn
 


there older lacquer coated stuff was bad for ar 15. but then they switched to a polymer coating that dosn't melt when it enters a hot chamber. (zinc coated)silver bear is also really good. the new stuff looks gray old stuff looks green.



posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas
 


Zinc coated steel rounds are great if you need something to go coyote hunting with..I prefer to buy PMC. They burn fairly clean and won't rough up your chamber. Also PMC makes the PMC-X-Tac ammo that is loaded per mil-spec. It is a steel core "greentip" SS109 type round...Otherwise known as the XM855A1 steel core penetrator, but for 5 bucks cheaper per 20 than the Lake City or Federal loads.

The US military is switching to XM855A2 tungsten core penetrators...I'd like some for personal fun time use, but they are not available to the public...
edit on 2-2-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
Rock river is my favotire but im making the switch to bolt guns. ARs are nice if you are in combat but i need more distance.


Try an AR in 6.5 Grendel - at long range they have as much punch as the 7.62x51, but in most cases, are more accurate (due to the high BC of that 6.5 bullet). If I need something with more punch at long range, I will use my .270 Win.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join