It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satellite image of the snow storm

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I live in Kentucky and we've seen thundersnow quite a few times. I think we may have experienced it last year, if I'm not mistaken. Besides potentially causing more snow, it's really not that big of a deal. If you're already getting a blizzard, the thunder and lightning isn't really going to add to the problems. I don't think your chances of being hit by lightning are any greater... actually, they're probably less, since most people don't usually stand out in blizzards.
It's nothing to be scared of really, but it is pretty awesome to watch!
From inside, of course.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
what an awesome thunder blizzard here in southern Ontario. Woke up this morning to drive my hubby to work and it was quite a fun drive. The snow plows are having a hard time keeping the streets and highways "driveable".
If you don't have to, I wouldn't go outside

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
lol keep the snow in us

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The snow's finally done here in northern Illinois. We got at least 17 inches. My poor little front wheel driver car isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
...Still blizzard-like conditions here in NW Indiana...was clear enough earlier this morning to *finally* get the yellow lab to do his business--he was too freaked out last night!!!
But we did hear thunder last night...actually, pretty cool and amazing!

Apparently, we are getting the "wrap-around" lake-effect bands now...

I need a 4-wheel driver if I am going to live here much longer...I was sliding all over the place in my regular car yesterday afternoon...no chance of going anywhere anytime soon...and apparently, because it is an official "State of Emergency" driving is now *illegal* anyhow?

Thanks to all for reporting in.
Hopefully, all are safe through this weather debauchle

edit on 2-2-2011 by sonjah1 because: spellingggg

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join