It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Superstorms/The Day After Tomorrow CAN happen.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Giant hail in tokyo- Possible
Tornadoes in LA-Possible
Gulf stream shutdown-Possible
Storm surge in NYC-Possible not quite to the extent shown in the movie though but close enough.
Hurricane-LIKE storm forming over land- Possible
www.spc.noaa.gov...
www.weather.com...
Cold air pulled down
ossible.
en.wikipedia.org...(atmosphere)
Feel free to debate me RESPECTFULLY.

Perfectly preserved(flash frozen most likely!) plants found in Peru.
www.sciencedaily.com...
A slightly different explanation on superstorms.
www.terracycles.com...:superstorms&catid=1:earth&Itemid=2
If you know anything about the possibility/impossibility of global superstorms please comment.
weatherfreaks.net...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I am going to address the arguments often used by opponents of the global superstorm hypothesis.

Hurricanes Don't form over land: True. But in 2007 TS Erin redeveloped over Oklahoma! The movie does not even call the storm a hurricane. It says it is LIKE a giant hurricane. The movie even states the fact that hurricanes don't form over land. In many cases extratropical storms have assumed a hurricane-like shape. Subtropical storms have characteristics of both tropical and non tropical storms. Subtropical storms can form over water colder than normal tropical systems. Perhaps the global superstorm will be subtropical. In recent years T-storms have developed into "landicanes" most notably in 1999 the "tornadocane" in North Carolina
www.spc.noaa.gov...
And a storm complex in the upper midwest during 2009 that was so intense that the NWS gave it a new classification. A super-derecho. www2.ucar.edu...
These storms are new phenomenon. Who knows what kind of never before seen weather patterns will emerge in the coming years?

It DID happen 5200 years ago.
Link
"That suggests that somehow, the climate had shifted suddenly and severely to capture the plants and preserve them until now"
The only thing that could do that is a global superstorm.
botany.uibk.ac.at...

www.sciencedaily.com...
"In the film The Day After Tomorrow, the world enters the icy grip of a new glacial period within the space of just a few weeks. Now new research shows that this scenario may not be so far from the truth after all." Hmmm... Maybe we should be paying attention! Even if the global superstorm hypothesis is incorrect we still face a big chill.

A book by Wally Broecker(one of the founding fathers of climate science) discusses the conveyor belt and ice ages. press.princeton.edu...

You dont have to believe in AGW to believe in global superstorms.
iceagenow.com...

www.newscientist.com...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Happening soon?
news.discovery.com...

The impacts are global.www.sciencedaily.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

I finished reading the coming global superstorm. It is very reasonable.

www.bobkingsley.co.uk...
news.scotsman.com...
www.dailymail.co.uk... t-giant-frozen-DNA-5-years.html
"The Kyoto University researchers are planning an expedition to the Siberian permafrost this summer in search of a flash-frozen specimen still rich in DNA."
www.gfy.ku.dk...
www.terradaily.com... Apparently the Greenland ice sheet formed very fast.
The THC shutting down would leave the heat in the tropics. The areas that used to be warmed by the THC will get colder. The cold air will collide with the very warm moist air. The storms generated by the colliding air masses will penetrate the stratosphere. The superchilled snowflakes will flash freeze anything the touch. Therefor the ideal gas law is not violated. The storm will bury much of the northern hemisphere with snow. The albedo will stabilize the climate at temperatures not seen since the younger dryas. Since civilization will be devastated by the storm the emission of ghgs will slow. The short lived ground level O3 and black carbon will dissipate in days. The colder oceans will over a longer period absorb much of our CO2. The climate will have stabilized, but at a great cost. The original copy I wrote is here: www.wunderground.com...
I am posting it here because people here are more openminded.
Any information is welcome. Please contribute to my database on global superstorms.
edit on 1-2-2011 by green-tree because: fixing links

edit on 1-2-2011 by green-tree because: emoticons in wrong place

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I thought it was a good time to post this. With the blizzard going on. Snowing her in vt.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The film is a work of fiction, climate change would not happen over a few days and those storms shown would not all happen at the same time. Putting all of this together is like me gathering sources that stargates are real, there are basic theories you can string together and tie them to a film. However I wont because that would be daft

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Read The coming global superstorm. The predictions are coming true.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
www.unknowncountry.com...
Could it be too late?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have been watching this epic weather system creep its way up too South Australia's Bite, it looks scary.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
i knew that movie would come true one day but i dont think it will happen this year ...

but it will come true....

expect it to happen all rather soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Well we are now experience some serious rainfall due to what I exactly predicted would happen, I feel good that I was able to read it although bad because it is cause ANOTHER disaster episode.....
Picture taken on 4-02-2011 (end cropped to 1/4 size)

Picture taken on 6-02-2011 full picture not Australia on right side.

Notice as the equator links with the south pole over Australia.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dniMnepO

www.weather.com...

So what's going to happen here..?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Looks like its all getting ripped away at a quick pace, hopefully will stop raining in Aus in the next few days

Nice sattelite images thanks, certainly is alot of activity around check this link for very good color IR loops.www.goes.noaa.gov...
edit on 5-2-2011 by dniMnepO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
More evidence.
www.islandnet.com... enchange.htm

"John Moses recalled watching a heavy black cloud advance from the northwest on hurricane-force winds about two o'clock in the afternoon. "Almost instantly, the strong wind...accompanied by a deep, bellowing sound, with its icy blast, swept over the land, and everything was frozen hard. The water in the little ponds in the roads froze in waves, sharp-edged and pointed, as the gale had blown it. The chickens, pigs and other small animals were frozen in their tracks."" If it can happen on a small scale, why not globally?myhumanism.org.uk...
www.icemon.org...-2117
www.fossils-facts-and-finds.com...
"Some of these finds suggest that they were flash frozen, with food still in the mouth and stomach."
classic.wunderground.com...

top topics

join