It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sense of feel in a dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i had a dream last night where i was stabbed by a unkown person in my upper back my left shoulder blade, the pain seemed so real that i woke up checking to see that i was ok. it was not a cramp because once i was fully awake the feeling was gone. has anyone ever had something like this happen to them

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
happens a lot to me, especially when im dreaming about my teeth ill wake up with a cramp in my jaw, which aint good
i remember id say 80%of my dreams vividly.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jed001

That's completely normal. I've experienced the same sensation from being shot, stabbed, drowned, and shocked. It's all a mental thing. Like a few nights ago I dreamed my teeth were going away and I could feel the gums protruding inside of them, and it felt like chewing on sand spurs. Ouch.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
yup, pretty normal nowadays to have sensation in dreams. it means you are very aware while dreaming. this enhanced sense of awareness can be used to become lucid and dreams and eventually lead to out of body experiences. I think it's a trend (as we reach the aquarian age) that humans become more aware in the dream world/astral plane...like i think during this time everyone is meant to become more aware of that place and what happens there...maybe one day we WON'T have a SEPARATE place to do our "dreaming". and we will be forced to learn to do things in the 'real world' as they were done in the 'dream world'. they will become one.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I can see the syndrome now... Nightmare traumatization syndrome.
"Here, you will need this SSRI... double the dose... and this antipsychotic. Side effects are death, insanity, and nightmares. Thanks for coming in! Let us know if blood starts coming out your eyes k? That's no good. Take care!"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jed001

Yes a sense of feeling does happen in dreams sometimes, but a sense of feeling is not normal for my dreams but it does happens sometimes; for example, last night I had a dream that had an unusual sense of feeling that I do not think I have had in a dream before.

In the dream I could feel pain and the moving of a muscle above my left knee, it felt sore and like it had a slight tear or sprain or something, and I walked with a slight limp.

In the dream nothing happened that I can remember to have caused it, even in the dream I did not know why it was sore, I just assumed it was an injury from jogging; in the real world I had jogged that day, and not realizing it was a dream, I just assumed that was responsible for my injury.

I woke up feeling the soreness for a few seconds, but then it went away; residual events of the dream I guess.

The muscle above my left knee was not hurt in the real world and was not even sore while I was sleeping, except when I woke up still feeling the soreness from the dream, of course.

I think this is real interesting because not feeling soreness/pain is normally one way that I know that I am dreaming, I sometimes have lucid dreams, my dreams usually never have real world soreness/pain; unless I am directly attacked or injured or something in the dream, and even then it is usually not so bad.

So this is certainly an interesting phenomenon that will make it harder to realize that I am dreaming, if this continues in other dreams.

Dreams sure can be interesting, and I have been having some interesting dreams the last two months, especially.

I use to update my dream blog for over two years, but I have not been doing so for months now, I may edit/censor my dreams and start posting them here one day; or at least start with my newest dreams only.

Anyway, I hope you can avoid getting stabbed in your next dream, where is a good dream bodyguard when you need one? Hahaha

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
i had a dream last night where i was stabbed by a unkown person in my upper back my left shoulder blade, the pain seemed so real that i woke up checking to see that i was ok. it was not a cramp because once i was fully awake the feeling was gone. has anyone ever had something like this happen to them
Oh my that has happened to me once last year I dreamed I was shot in the lower leg and I felt it. I felt the weight of the bullet ,the burning pain and woke up expecting to have a bullet in me.What a strange feeling it was,it was the first time it happened and the last,well hopefully the last.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
always happened to me... latest ones where one when i grew up wings on my back, and they emerged from my back blades, very painfully. Second one i was sleeping back to back with someone and i woke up on the dream and rotated away from this person's back. The feeling was the same as when I used to sleep with my ex and our backs sticked with sweat in summer nights. Exactly the same feeling.

and the usual one, feeling you need to pee so bad but you can't find a toilet... and start to feel that urge dissapear when you come back from the dream

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Caggy

Okay, you made me laugh with that one.

top topics

join