It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I going crazy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Very insightful and concise. Well done. You get it, you "grok" friend.

Yes, those of us with the courage to go insane, instead of conforming and complying, we're the ones with with the courage, and the imagination, and the spirit neccessary to recreate the world, and to make everything new again.

The artist and the dreamer, he alone once through the dark night of the soul, leads us all into a new age.

The naysayer, the hard hearted, he offers us nothing but the dead bones of dead and dying civilizaiton, and scorning us for our malady, tells us to shape up and get with the program and be "normal" like everyone else. Do not listen to this person, he knows nothing, and let him, not the newly created in formation, be afraid.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

i have the same t-shirt!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RimDaas

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
Why are you questioning faith in yourself?

I feel helpless and hopeless as everything happens. When I get set on a task, I get confused and slowly drift away and start doing something else.

In a world so big, especially in these days as big things are happening all around us, its not hard to feel so small and helpless but this is no reason to lose faith in yourself. I often feel the same way on a day to day basis. We can't change the big picture alone, but that doesn't mean that we can't do our part and that we don't have our say. Everyone is meant to do something. You remind me of myself when I was in my teens, I didn't know what I wanted. I was constantly all over the place in life unsure about everything. I would be afraid to get oriented on a certain goal be it long term or short term because I wasn't sure if it was truly what I wanted, and that by the time I was so far down the road it would be too far to turn back, but if you never go down that road than how will you ever know? Explore the possibilities of what life has to offer you and enjoy it while you are doing it. Who knows where we will be in 10 years or 20 years, its scary to think about but that's the beauty of it, you just never know.
edit on 1-2-2011 by DevilDog0311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2people
reply to post by NewAgeMan

i have the same t-shirt!

And here I thought I was the only one!

I thought I was "special"..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

You are so welcome, 2!

Lots of love to you and your dog!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Mate, I have had it like that the past year, and I still have it like that.

Suck it up, and wait. You will get awarded

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

Hi ypp,

Please read my posts and take heart.

You are here for a reason.

Let that reason matter.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I kinda don't care what your purpose is.. sorry.

But, if you are having trouble finding one, how about theoretical physics.. it's awesome.

Also, to focus more on the subject, it could be puberty.... have you noticed hair growing where it wasn't before?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Life isn't boring. But there are people who bore themselves once in a while.
Me? I realized my purpose early on, but it wasn't until recently that I was prepared to work on my purpose.
Just do something. Something different. It might renew your spirit. Gain you much needed experience. Prepare you to recognize your purpose.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Hope you're feeling better. It's not the greatest situation to be in but what always helps me it to create something. Whether it's drawing, painting or writing... anything. Try and express your state of mind somehow. It's better out than in.

You have to keep on going because you never know what's around the corner.

This tune always makes me smile

Peace
edit on 1-2-2011 by NeverAcquiesce because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

screwed dude.

game over, lol, welcome to the club.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Yeah you are going crazy. You are thinking too much about who knows what, and your life has become a repetitive drag. Time is always slipping by with every breath, except now for some reason you are taking deeper breaths that just seem to consume more time. I think what can help you is getting involved in more activities. It lessens the pressure on the mind and you won't be as alert about the time that never actually changes unless you believe it enough (time is a creation of the mind, and as you grow older until about the time you are middle-aged, it will only seem like it is speeding up. In other words, this is natural, and you can control time by not biding by it).You will stop thinking about yourself and the depreciating condition of everything and hopefully more about life rather than existence. Getting personally and intimately connected to other people like you did when you made your first, second and best friends tends to be the solution to insanity. If connectivity can suppress schizophrenia, Im sure it can suppress idleness which seems to be your problem. Ever noticed that the less you thought about your purpose in life, the more purpose life had for you? You are not the substance of life, life is the substance of you. You have no purpose, but life does. Who knows what its purpose is, but you're not gonna figure it out by sitting around and thinking about it all the time. Life changes incessantly, as will your thoughts about it, so its no wonder you can't stop thinking about it, you're always having to compensate the changes in your thoughts for the new developments in life...which never ends. You never knew what the purpose of life was when you were a child, yet you probably got on pretty decently. Life is about making your own meaning of it. There is no one else that can rightly tell you what the purpose and meaning of anything is, everything is up to you and what you want to accept as truth. The color red to you might be like what color is presented on a stop sign, but to me, that is blue. Make your own meaning, then realize that your meaning is not perfect, because you only see life from one frequency, whereas there are 6.5 billion different frequencies from which to experience life and counting. If 1 frequency is good enough for you, so be it. But the other 6,499,999,999 frequencies are quite extraordinary and I suggest you tune in to them. Good luck.
edit on 1-2-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Sounds like you be might be starting into depression. Have you talked a health professional?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

You have to keep going, and just do small things to keep going. Just never give up, and let the scum monsters win, if anyone targets you.
edit on 2/1/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Rim dass,
this is the beginning of an awakening .....just relax, don't fight it, continue to do what you do in life (work, school, books, gf, etc)

However there are many books that will clarify the process or even go online and google "spiritual awakening"

Here's some Awesome books that I highly recommend:

Rupert Spira The Transparency of Things
John Greven Oneness
David Carse Perfect Brilliant Stillness
anything by Bernadette Roberts, etc

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

I'm sorry if I'm repeating something that has already been said, but my advice to you is to laugh.
Rent funny movies, get you some stand up comedian cd's and listen to them, smile even when you don't feel like it. It isn't a lie that laughter is the best medicine. If you've been reading too much on ATS, go away for a while. No kidding. I love this place. I spend more time here than anywhere else online, but sometimes I get too much doom and gloom, so I take a break and come back when I'm feeling better.

Find things that make you happy. I know that's hard to do when you aren't interested in anything, but that's when you just really have to TRY! Find anything positive that will distract you from the regular day to day grind. I think you'll be amazed how well it works!

Good luck to ya! As someone who has been there, I know how bad it is. You can overcome it though! I wish you the best!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As your consciousness rises, time does speed up. Time really isn't real, it's a perception. Everything is Now. So the more you become Aware of who you truly are, time changes. I'll post a vid about this called Calenders and Consciousness.

Since you don't feel like you're moving it may be because you still have much to learn from where you're standing. A good book to learn the deeper meaning to everything where you are Now is "Animal SpeaK" by Ted Andrews.

We are in 3 Dimensions so generally we see three perspectives to everything. As you ascend your consciousness, you see more perspectives of things. Such as the plum tree in my yard. I can easily see three meanings to it being there and why. I planted it. It grew and it gives me plums. A Fourth Dimension meaning is that I was sick with Diverticulitis and It is growing there NOW because plums are medicinal for my condition. Yet... I didn't know 20 years ago that I would need it. Are there dandelions growing in your yard? In this Material realm, there are at least 8 ways to see the dandelion and why it's in your experience. Learn to see more dimension. Everything is an octagon with 8 sides.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Shantiluv because: Trying to figure out how to post a video lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join