It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I going crazy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Everything I know is wrong, and time is passing faster then ever. I do the same thing everyday. Life has become so boring. I'm beginning to lose faith in myself. And spend most of my time thinknig what is my purpose, who I am, and what is happening. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME??!?!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Originally posted by RimDaas
Everything I know is wrong...

Start anywhere.

Piece by piece, begin to reconstruct your own personal truth.

Good luck to you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

the "river of time" does seam to be speeding up... i agree...

just go with the flow,,,,,,,,, and lookout for waterfalls....because they ARE there,,

enjoy the ride untill your last smile..

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
most of us go thru this, are you in your teens?

just go outside, get a gf or a job

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

S & F.

Rim,

Keep the faith. Everything you know is not wrong.

A lot of time spent on this planet can be boring.

But it does not need to be boring. For example, helping other people, helping animals, just doing positive things makes your life worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Your growing old like the rest of us, thats all. Why are you questioning faith in yourself? Life can be mundane and boring sometimes but its all part of the adventure. It seems to me that your tired of structure, and you want more excitement out of life. You'll get what your looking for eventually, you just don't know what your looking for yet. Once you find it you will understand. I didn't know what I wanted either until I found the military, my life has never been the same. Try being more spontaneous, you are the only one that is in control of your destiny, its what you make of it, nothing is holding you back, only the fear of the unknown and uncertainty of what lies ahead. As cliche as it sounds, life is what you make of it. If you want excitement then go find it, its out there somewhere I promise you.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Honestly, it sounds to me that you are over thinking things. Information overload is a very real issue in our society and it is unbelievably easy to get caught up in the tide of negativity and the doom and gloom culture that much media seems transfixed with lately.

There is also a possibility that you could be suffering from some form of depression. Only you would know if this is applicable or not. And, if so, take heart, as there are many remedies for this situation other than the SSRI's that Doctors throw around like candy.

Overall, though, life is a fragile, fleeting, temporary thing that is filled with both wonderful, joyous things, as well as ugly and negative ones. It is part of our journey, as human beings, to learn to make sense of this precarious balance and to, then, seek to become individuals who work at tipping the scales towards the positive side.

All my best to you.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevilDog0311
Why are you questioning faith in yourself?

I feel helpless and hopeless as everything happens. When I get set on a task, I get confused and slowly drift away and start doing something else.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Hey check out the Alchemy thread in my sig, don't know if it will help but it seems to be helpful to some people..

For what it's worth, I love you. Don't know you but I love you.

Everything will be OK.

Hugs!

Rob
aka NAM

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

so you have add?
or are you not interested in anything?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Yes, he'd feel better if he got a kitten.

I know a guy who was down and out dying of cancer, skin and bones - got a fishtank, made a full recovery!

Helpful to others or anything other than our self is curative.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

Take your time and analyse your situation.It's easy to get caught up in the moment. Don't think your alone in your thought processes.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Beavis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
...i remember summers that seemed to last forever... raising my kids seemed to last forever, lol, but in retrospect it went by too fast... i've gone through periods of self-doubt... i think its normal... i think thats how you grow (questioning your concepts)...

...society puts a lot of importance on our purpose for being here... i think thats mostly hogwash... basically, we're here cuz we're here (shrug)... if life was exciting all the time, you would lose your wanderlust... the quiet times have just as much value... they keep you balanced and give you time to reflect...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Hi New,

YES! I have realized that in order to feel OK on this planet we have to help others.

Without that, we are lost.

And pets are fabulous companions - often better than people.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RimDaas

This is going to sound very harsh, but please read this because what I am about to tell you litterally saved my life. Depression is just a way thinking. If you think negative thoughts then of course life is going to overwhelm you. Your post has a "victim" tone about it. Just get on with life and think positive thoughts. Smile.Don't see the glass half empty see it as half full. What you think you are, what you imagine you become.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

You are on the wrong spiritual path. You must follow your dreams, or risk dissolving into the machine.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

You are so right, 2.

Depression is widespread - but overcome it by smiling (honestly, it works) and thinking positive thoughts.

And, as I said before - if you help others, and/or animals, it lifts you out of that depression.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

Yes, the mind can become habituated into a certain loop of thinking which feeds on itself, which is when we need change even for the sake of change as a "pattern interrupt". Best thing is to get into increased human interaction and allow ourselves to be impacted by others, literally impacted as in thrown into a new direction. Some people simply cannot clear the mind, and on it goes, round and round, same old same old, and it can get pretty hairy, when we become trapped in our own mind. I know full well this experience and it can become so constraining and so repetitive than indeed it can drive a person mad, and it seems at the time that there's no way out, and everything becomes so dull, so pointless, even the shining of the sun and birds chirping can feel and sound OMINOUS, looking back it's almost amuzing, but not when you're in it.

I know this place. Been there done that got the t-shirt.

edit on 1-2-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Sometimes I feel myself losing my grip on sanity only to bounce back 10 times more grounded and focused, I think its a process everyone is going through in their own way. We will see what is to come soon enough. In the meantime, worry not about the future, just focus on the now, right now, everything is going well enough.

Do things in the now, which take care of the future for you. Get a job you enjoy, a partner who is supportive and enjoys your passions.

Seek balance.

-GM

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

thanks friend!!!!!!
I agree that having a pet, especially a dog who makes you get out and walk, makes you see life with a smile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join