It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOMEBODY HELP!!! Please read

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Where news reports can clang the insistant message that the flooding is coming from rain causing rivers to overflow their banks, this video clangs the truth far louder. The flooded land is open to the sea, and the Java Sea stands at the same level. Only sinking, or a recent and slow draining tsunami, would create such a visual effect. If a tsunami was the cause, then where are the reports of this? The degree of elevation loss can also be calculated from this video. The approach is from the east, in a plane landing in Jakarta. The companion video, titled "landing in Jakarta" has the same crying baby and even shows the airline insignia on the wing tip. As is clearly identified in the companion video, a major freeway or toll road is flooded on both sides, showing how far the inundation has progressed in Jakarta itself. Only those who have taken the route of denying it all would fail to be impressed by this evidence, notably made available by a private citizen who questions the establishment explanation for the flooding.

Source

also here the video's they mentioned

As in the text, flooding isn't the issue. It is connected to the sea and isn't washing away.
S&F for the OP

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
OK i can't even tell you guys where i heard this but i heard it some time ago and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is a possibility or blow it out of the water. ( the latter preffered)

If the poles were to flip would the Earths rotation slow or possibly stop? And if that were to happen would the centrifugal force then subside? Supposing of course that the tectonic plates and or continents are suspended by the centrifugal force from the earths rotation ( which i am not clear on either) thus causing the continents to sink below sea level?

I have always wanted to ask that question

edit on 1-2-2011 by Lansky because: when i drink although i think i am rather clever, i seem not to be able to type to well :-P

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lansky
OK i can't even tell you guys where i heard this but i heard it some time ago and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is a possibility or blow it out of the water. ( the latter preffered)

If the poles were to flip would the Earths rotation slow or possibly stop? And if that were to happen would the centrifugal force then subside? Supposing of course that the tectonic plates and or continents are suspended by the centrifugal force from the earths rotation ( which i am not clear on either) thus causing the continents to sink below sea level?

edit on 1-2-2011 by Lansky because: when i drink although i think i am rather clever, i seem not to be able to type to well :-P

I must guess you are referring to magnetic poles, not the real ones..
Thus the answer is no, why would it effect Earth's rotation??

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

I must guess you are referring to magnetic poles, not the real ones..
Thus the answer is no, why would it effect Earth's rotation??

I was referring to the magnetic poles excuse me for not clarifying.
i think i read that a few years back on the topic of 2012 glalctic alignment etc.. I am obviously not to informed about these things but i am glad to hear you say no :-)

learning alot since being on ATS for the past 4 weeks and following debates though.

thanks for your reply

edit on 1-2-2011 by Lansky because: hear not here.. damn Chivas! ;-)

edit on 1-2-2011 by Lansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
OP s&f for you ... and since you don't do links (i'm an old fart too), you may want to peruse this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... -- yes, the author has already been told the title is misleading, however many of the resources are worth sharing. it has many good links within, covering a multitude of topics you may find interesting.

Yes, the plates are moving at an accelerated pace. Subduction zones have been quite active since the last quarter of last year and record sinking is occurring in many places.

Also, the Australian floods, their encompassing nature, their systematic encroachment and the lack of receding contribute to the tectonic and Zeta theories.

Japan is another concern ... the seismic activity in the region near Chichi Shima peaks my interest.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

No the pole flip is the Earths magnetic poles, which have always moved but recently sped up from approx 12 mies a year to approx 42 mile per year. The Planets geophysical poles will not move... the north star will still be over the true north pole, but your compass will point south

In the process it will look like this

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

Steve Quayle is a quack fear mongering jackass, much like Alex Jones, you can indeed get some info from him, if you are willing to sift through garbage to find it. I'd be weary of anything he "predicts"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thank you for explaining that clearly, I was going to but I would have been much ruder. WTF are they teaching in schools today? Seriously? The magnetic pole has nothing to do with anything other than being magnetic north and south. The spinning of the earth has no impact on gravity, gravity is based on the mass of the object, not it's rotation. I think the fake gravity on sci fi tv shows that's created with centrifugal force is what's confusing people.

I actually had this conversation with a friend who was 'explaining' to me that when the pole reverses, the entire crust of the earth slips and starts spinning out of control, while gravity "fluxes". I couldn't stop laughing, then I got angry because this guy actually believed this, and he's not what you would call stupid. He's fairly informed, but a basic concept such as gravity eludes him. I simply could not make him understand that gravity is a constant.

Also centrifugal force, like that found in SCI FI would have a spinning ship, or space station, the spinning because of the laws of motion pushes passengers inside towards the outer edge of the vessel, essentially faking gravity but not really.

This simply can't apply to the earth, there is no outer edge, we're on the surface, straight up is space. So lets imagine for an instant that the gravity imposed on us is not based on the mass of the earth, it's based on the spinning of the earth. Well, since that false gravity would be pushing us towards the outer edge of the "earth" we'd all be flung off into space.

Stop watching 2012 and open a textbook
edit on 1-2-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: forgot something

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
how credible is this?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by trinlan

There is no credible source for the OP.

ALL links relating to this story relay back to the zeta website.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by trinlan
how credible is this?

I found these
indolaw.alafghani.info...
indolaw.alafghani.info...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchBigBoy

From the first link: "Although climate change is causing sea levels to rise, the study says the main problem is that Jakarta is sinking under the weight of out-of-control development. (my emphasis added - I assume this means property development?)"

The second link is just facts about Jakartar's water. The last point says this: "14. 150cm depth the city has sunk in some parts over the last decade"

I don't know where the zetas get their info from, but my 'spidey sense' tingles whenever I read their stuff.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I don't know where the zetas get their info from, but my 'spidey sense' tingles whenever I read their stuff.

My BS meter tingles.

So Jakarta, Pakistan and the like get flooded from heavy monsoonal rains and somehow an entire tectonic plate has tilted.

Talk about pseudo scientific crap!

Now I know that heavy construction could cause an earthquake but to make an entire tectonic plate tilt?

Impossible, I mean unless they shifted hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of tonnes of earth away and off the plate I can't see a millimeter of tilt, let alone several feet.

Besides, wouldn't they need to shift in earth to make the plate tilt?

edit on 1/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hi zorgon, I take Quayle and Zeta Talk with a grain of salt, they have been fear mongering for so many years that I have lost count, the fact is our earth is ever changing, but the changes they are talking about are more then likely not true. That doesn't mean we aren't in for some nasty changes, our planet seems to be rebelling in recent times.

I might add Gordon Michael Scallion and Toye to that list of fear mongers.
edit on 1-2-2011 by Aquarius1 because: sp

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I had a dream about this happening to North America several years ago. The continent sunk into lava. Only the mountain peaks stuck out.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
One irony is that fanatical Christians will say it is God punishing Muslims (Pakistan and Indonesia being the number 2 and 1 countries in Muslim population size, respectively..

Why not wait to one of them does it before moaning about it?

You're basically having an argument with yourself

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This planet, like most is constantly evolving like almost like a living organism. In a way it is, just not the way we are used to living organisms. I do wonder if all the tsunami's, underwater rockslides, and earthquakes just aren't eroding away what has kept the islands up. I remember watching a show about the formation of the islands of Hawaii. They showed that the very first island that had been formed by the hot spot that created it had already sunk back into the ocean. It seems that the destiny for all islands is to eventually drift back into what formed it. Granted it usually happens over thousands, or millions of years.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

you can read about it on zetatalk.com they were predicting the end of the world in Dec.2010 yet here we are and so are they and the Pakistanis and Indonesia and the rest of us, even those in the mid-west and east coast with all the dooms day weather happening....We are still here

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I think a person only has to look at these things objectively and not get caught up in the hype...through all of the history of mankind the stars are all in the same place they have always been....If you think about this for a moment...maybe you will conclude that we are still on the planet today..so anything even the great floods and ice ages didnt kill off mankind....we are still here ...right? unless of course we are a different kind of mankind.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

I agree your views are great, but I do not think that mankind has changed.Instead of thinking about how our life will end, live in the present until the very end!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join