It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dwarka, India 12,000 Year Old City of Lord Krishna Found

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Krishna Meets Rukmani in Dwarka - Credit Exotic India

Graham Hancock - Underworld: Flooded Kingdoms Of The Ice Age

Dwarka (Dvarka, Dwaraka, or Dvaraka, is a city in Gujarat state in India). Dwarka also known as Dwarawati in Sanskrit literature is rated as one of the seven most ancient cities in the country. The legendary city of Dvaraka was the dwelling place of Lord Krishna. It is believed that due to damage and destruction by the sea, Dvaraka has submerged six times and modern day Dwarka is the 7th such city to be built in the area. According to Hindu legend the god Krishna built a city which was ultimately destroyed by rising sea levels. Now archaeologists and Indian Navy divers are investigating underwater ruins at Dwarka on India's western coast, said to be Krishna's city. The new efforts, it is hoped, will settle the debate currently raging over the age and authenticity of the site near the Samudranaraya temple. Divers have collected blocks and samples which will now be dated. Traditional Hindu scholars referencing ancient Hindu scriptures believe the location to be very ancient, originally built many thousands of years ago. Such notions are, of course, vehemently rejected by establishment scientists though they are willing to concede that there is evidence indicating an age of as much as 3500 years.

Dwarka, India
12,000 Year Old City of Lord Krishna Found

Vrindavan and Dwarka lilas of Shri Krishna - Credit Exotic India

Dwarka
Legendary City of Shri Krishna Discovered Again

Since 1983 the Marine Archaeology Unit of the National Institute of Oceanography is engaged in the offshore exploration and excavation of the legendary city of Dwaraka in the coastal waters of Dwaraka in Gujarat. The strongest archaeological support comes from the structures discovered under the sea-bed off the coast of Dwaraka in Gujarat by the pioneering team led by Dr S.R. Rao, one of Bharat's most respected archaeologists. Dr. Rao has excavated a large number of Harappan sites including the port city of Lothal in Gujarat. For instance excavations in Bedsa (near Vidisha in Madhya Pradesh) have unearthed the remains of a temple of 300 BC in which Krishna (Vasudeva) and Balarama (Samkarshana) are identified from their flagstaff. Krishna's son Pradyumna, grandson, Aniruddha and another Yadava hero, Satyaki, have also been identified. A more recent historical record, dated 574 AD, occurs in what are called the Palitana plates of Samanta Simhaditya. This inscription ref ers to Dwaraka as the capital of the western coast of Saurashtra and states that Krishna lived here. The foundation of boulders on which the city's walls were erected proves that the land was reclaimed from the sea about 3,600 years ago. The epic has references to such reclamation activity at Dwaraka.

Related Links:
New Underwater Finds in Sri Krishna's City
Ancient City of Dwarka - Oct 29, 2008
Bhaktivedanta VedaBase: Śrīmad Bhāgavatam - Chapter 50: Kṛṣṇa Establishes the City of Dvārakā
Dwarka inundated by Tsunami?
Shri Krishna's Dwarka submerged in 1443 BC - September 25, 2007

Related Threads:
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 - 22-9-2009
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2 - 15-9-2010
Evidence for Dwarka Sri Krishnas sunken city timeline - 6-10-2010
Ancient Cities found under the ocean in India - 16-8-2009

Dwarka, India
Sea Scans

Last three are simulations on a computer based on scan data

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

This is an amazing find and thread OP. I cant wait to see what data comes from it.
S&F

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yesterday i found back my bike i lost 2 years ago ;D

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Excellent find!!
How extraordinary.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

...Such notions are, of course, vehemently rejected by establishment scientists though they are willing to concede that there is evidence indicating an age of as much as 3500 years.

Established science just won't admit that they may be wrong about a great deal of our history.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and supporter of science, but researchers have fallen victim to thier own ego's as well as the apparent 'black listing' of anything that contradicts the OS about our history.

There are sites all over the world, India in particular, that potentially indicate massive populations (and therefore even large support means) but dogma prevents any real investigation. However since nobody wants to even entertain the possibility that, given the mounting evidence, our species was much more advanced at a far earlier age then we have been told it really makes one wonder; What is our real history?

Furthermore, why is it so important that the truth never be discussed?
edit on 31-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

edit on 31-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

I am not here to point the finger or place blame, but stating that past civilizations where much more technologically advanced (and older) than we have ever known, goes against both humanities theological (creation) and evolutionary ideas. Maybe that is why they refuse to admit it, then they would be forced to admit that we still don't have a clue about the origin of mankind and that our entire history seems to be fabricated to suit the needs of "specific" groups.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I don't know that it would go against evolution unless the truth is that we are ALOT older then we are told.

Current evolutionary timescales could be maintained even if we advanced into more complex technologies at a much faster rate then is currently thought. There are theories that suggest that evolution has cyclical periods of rapid change followed by long periods of slow change.

There is no reason that this could not be true of technology as well.

We see huge leaps being taken in technology today and, though the specific situations are different, there is no reason to think that following an evolutionary spike we didn't have a technology spike as well. The two would seem to go hand in hand considering that our greatest evolutionary leaps were made within our brains.

There was a NOVA episode a few years ago that dealt with mitochondrial DNA evidence from dogs that showed domestication roughly 100 000 years ago (versus the accepted 50 000). Dogs are thought to be the first animal ever domesticated and if that particular ball got rolling 100% earlier then thought why could that not be true of all our technology?

I don't wish to derail, but I think the reason is very simple...if science were allowed to research openly these 'irregularities' they would find something that, as you say, completely invalidates our entire accepted history beyond just a quicker adoption of early technologies.
edit on 31-1-2011 by [davinci] because: Form

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Let the games begin.

Re: Dwarka, India Sea Scans

I tried finding a source with quality pics before with no luck.
Good find.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Let the games begin.

What I find really interesting is the dates they give here as well

Göbekli Tepe, Turkey Discovery of 12,000 Year Old temple Complex Could Alter Theory of Human Development

Does that date not crop up in Atlantis theories and The Giza Pyramid date used by non main stream thought?

Odd that huh?

It seems that the Planet has a way of uncovering stuff despite the best efforts of some groups to keep it buried.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The reason for the cover-up of all this is so that the origin of the bloodline elites is never publicly understood as well as the origin of the Gods, then the 'Religions' they created and use as control mechanisms.

The tech was all in the hands of the Annanuki - I doubt if any humans understood the science behind it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well nice to have somebody else on bord, on this special topic Zorgon!

The pictures you posted here are very interesting showing a well fortified fortress of somekind,
The Srimad Bhagavatam speaks of 16000 palaces alone belonging to Krishnas wifes.
So that place in the pictures hardly can contain as many buildings. Unless the other
place is more suitable, they speak of two manhattan sized locations. So there could be space for that many buildings

The underwater discoveries in the Gulf of Cambay subsequent to Rao's expeditions off Dwaraka, and other excavations off the coast show that the region probably had human settlements from very ancient times, 5,000 to 6,000 years ago. One of them could well have been Krishna's Dwaraka (known in ancient times as Kushastali or 'Place of Kusha'), the destruction of which is so graphically described by Arjuna in the Mausala Parva of the Mahabharata: "The sea, which had been beating against the shores, suddenly broke the boundary that was imposed on it by nature. The sea rushed into the city. It coursed through the streets of the beautiful city. The sea covered up everything in the city. I saw the beautiful buildings becoming submerged one by one. In a matter of a few moments it was all over. The sea had now become as placid as a lake. There was no trace of the city. Dwaraka was just a name; just a memory."

bhartiyahistory.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
An amazing find, I would love to see long time excavation on this so that we can learn more about it. It's always fun to look at when there are archeological finds that support any kind of text that happens to be laying around.

Work in progress.

Also, in terms of the timeline of human history, I think that with the increase in technological advances we will learn more and more about how people lived long ago. We are only willing to accept what we are taught can be scientifically proven; that will expand. Hopefully, we can notice that there is a reason to look beyond what we already assume to be true in terms of carbon dating and the time line itself.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
wow look what 10000 yr can do to you.look at my state Florida 10000 yr ago.
en.wikipedia.org...:Florida_10000_years_ago.png

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Let the games begin.

Re: Dwarka, India Sea Scans

I tried finding a source with quality pics before with no luck.
Good find.

You won't find any, I'm afraid.

This topic has been discussed several times before... the original story is from 2002 (BBC website,) One of our more interesting threads on it is here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Because you're supposed to believe that man has gone from point A to point B in a straight line of progression.
Can't have you believing there might have been some peaks and valleys along the way. It doesn't fit.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks Byrd. I always find your posts on these topics to be a quick trip to the truth; Like your posts on page #2 of the prior thread on this you linked.

It is good to have the whole story. Thanks again.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I was born in a Hindu family, and based on what i have found i can say that all those gods and deities in Hindu scriptures were extraterrestrials and all the stories in those epics were manipulated to glorify those ET gods and nullify the knowledge of who we were in those times.

And the same stories are repeated in Christianity too.

And the same stories are found in Islam.

Take the last photo of your OP and compare it with Ziggurat of sumeria.

Ramayana the Hindu Epic : Proof of Extraterrestrials and Original Earth Race.,

edit on 31/1/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is an excellent find for many reasons.

Originally posted by zorgon
Göbekli Tepe, Turkey Discovery of 12,000 Year Old temple Complex Could Alter Theory of Human Development
Does that date not crop up in Atlantis theories and The Giza Pyramid date used by non main stream thought?
Odd that huh?

Agreed. With all of these really old sites appearing to be from the same time is seems to me that the world was much different then what we think. I also think that it is interesting these site are still here. After watching a few episodes of "Life after people" on the discovery channel, I've learned that most of the structures we have will not last more than a few hundred years. These people made cities that survived much longer, in this case even underwater. Imagine how long a modern city would last submerged in saltwater. Did these peoples have the foresight to use solid rock to build or was it just simply what they had and got lucky.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Thanks Zorgon for yet another informative post.

I remember watching an episode of Ancient Aliens on Dwarka.

Thanks for bringing more information to the table friend

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxJoey
wow look what 10000 yr can do to you.look at my state Florida 10000 yr ago.
en.wikipedia.org...:Florida_10000_years_ago.png

Hi your link seems to be broken, try using this one

upload.wikimedia.org... (florida 10000 years ago)

Nice find OP i am going to enjoy reading and watching through this when i get off of work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join