It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New superman cast!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree! I think it would be very difficult to pull off a Batman/Superman movie. Superman fights super powered space aliens, batman fights street crime. Yet in the comics he manages to fit well in the Justice League. A writer has to establish Batman's intellect and tactical mind as being a match for Superman's power, and that has to be more than just Batman always keeping kryptonite around. Lex Luthor is viewed as Superman's arch-enemy and although the movie version kind of made him a joke, many incarnations of the character depict him as having a Bruce Wayne-like intellect who is capable of thinking several moves ahead of everyone else. I hope Nolan and Goyer bring this version of Lex to the film.

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by Chukkles

Thats why I think the Smallville idea should have been explored. They already established the characters of Supergirl, Green Arrow, Flash, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Hawkman....

The only thing left would be the intro of Bats.

The show is a bit cheesy and campy, but it has the core audience, I just wish I could watch it more.

They've wanted to but they've never been allowed to use Batman or Wonder Woman on Smallville. I think Oliver was brought in to be a Batman stand-in, although the Smallville version of Green Arrow doesn't remind me of the comic book version of either character. A few more DC characters are showing up on Smallville before the series finale but I don't want to spoil it here.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
According to about every celebrity site today, the short-list for Lois Lane appears to include Rachel McAdams, Olivia Wilde, Jessica Biel, Kristen Stewart (Yes, that one), Malin Akerman (who was in Zach Snyder-directed "Watchmen") and Mary Elizabeth Winstead.

I also read (on wikipedia) that the producers were torn between Henry Cavill, Daniel Craig, and Sam Worthington as Superman.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Kristin Stewart could never pull it off...she's got ONE character...herself, and that's it. Olivia Wilde would be a good choice, as would Rachel McAdams (even better). It all really depends on the direction it goes though. I always kind of liked the comedic elements of Superman movies...but somehow, I think it's going more serious. A serious Lex would be nice though...and show how he's always a step (or three) ahead of Superman.

On the Batman thing, remember, Superman is no dummy either. He's had all those crystals teaching him Kryptonian math, etc. I could see making Batman more analytical though, but really, it's only his strategy and tactics that he would bring to the table facing Superman's level of foes.

edit on 3-2-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My vote would be for McAdams, she has been in everything the past 2-3 years. She has come a long way since Mean Girls. Her role in Time Travellers Wife was fantastic. I can see her taking on Lois Lane successfully.

I am always interested in seeing which Lex the writers take, the original scientist or the modern age business man. As long as they stay away from "oh no there is kryptonite in he box so now Lex can punch Supes and knowck him off the cliff,stairs/etc" I am quite done with that.

I think Bats could handle himself on almost any level. Between the technology advances that he has access to, his physical prowess, tactics, basically almost a perfect human specimen, along with a genius level intelligence....I would love to see the two team up on the big screen.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Another interesting casting note: Variety is reporting that there are three main candidates for the "female lead" in the new Superman movie, which is not Lois Lane. The actresses are Alice Eve, Diane Kruger and Rosamund Pike.

I can't think of who the character could be other than Lana Lang or another Kryptonian. Perhaps it will be a female incarnation of Brainiac. Maxima maybe?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Possible female leads....Lana Lang, Kara (Supergirl), Lori Lemaris, Martha Kent (prob not), Cat Grant, Maxima, Diana (Wonder Woman).....probably a lot that I am leaving out.

But if its a reboot like I'm thinking, and its covering the 1986 Man of Steel mini-series then it will be Lana.
That is exciting to me, I always felt like Lana got the short end of the stick

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
New development.

Diane Kruger will not be cast as the leading female role. She stated at a recent press conference that she will not appear in the film.

Also it is rumored that the role is for that of Ursa (Zod's second in command) whih means could there be a General Zod too? I dont think this will be the case, because it wouldnt account for no Lois.

source

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I was lucky enough to have worked in the same production as Henry Cavill for three years, and despite all the negativity towards him being cast as an American hero, let me tell you the guy has serious screen, and personal, presence. You couldn't meet a more unpretentious guy who, at the same time, has a darker side that would transfer perfectly to a new realisation of such an iconic character.

I wish him luck as The Man of Steel, and know that he'll do a good job.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Kneel before ZOD!!!

I adored Superman II just for that...(and for Lois finally connecting the dots, until the lame-o "superkiss" wiped her memory). Did we really need to tack on even MORE powers for Superman? Really?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join