It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu urges world to tone down criticism of Mubarak.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

So far it still seems to me that certain factions within the U.S, "government" want him gone and others are trying to hang on to him. Israel's stance might be very telling to this theory. Mubarak lost control of his government in the past year or so, so one of the first things he did was get rid of them to appease his masters.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Israel is a democracy in the same way that Mississippi was a democracy in 1955. People are voting, so it's true in the technical sense. But a sizable section of the population remains in a state-sanctioned second class with "different rights," and even the first class is voting under coercion.

Israel is a democracy, but it's not going to be winning any awards for suffrage.

As for Egypt? The Egyptian people know what's ahead for them. They've decided they'd rather take the chance than keep Mubarak and his cronies. I don't think that you are qualified to make that call for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
what is happening is a beautiful thing. The people are standing up and doing something; controlling their own destiny.

That's just it .. they aren't controlling their destiny and it isn't a beautiful thing. If true democracy was coming in .. then it would be outstanding. But instead, they are trading a phython for a rattle snake. Mubarak was not the best, but he is 'less bad' then The Muslim Brotherhood.

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
They've decided they'd rather take the chance than keep Mubarak and his cronies.

They aren't making a fully informed decision. The Muslim Brotherhood is behind the mess over there. If they understood what they were trading in and what they were getting in return, they'd go for option #3 ... no Mubarak and no Muslim Brotherhood.

I don't think that you are qualified to make that call for them.

This is a DISCUSSION BOARD .. we are here to discuss what is happening.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Boooo... Muslim Brotherhood...blah blah blah.... Jihadists... blah blah blah!

Sheesh! The Egyptian people WANT democracy and change. However, there seem to be people that think that this Muslim Brotherhood will sweep into power. Well, if they do, then surely that will be because the people of Egypt vote them into power, by choice. Chances are there will be a coalition type government, in which the Muslim Brotherhood may, or may not, have a few seats. Stop the scare mongering and Muslim / Jihadi BS and let the Egyptian people decide what is best for them. It is, after all, their country!
The Muslim Brotherhood are not the planners of this popular uprising. All the people, Muslims and Christians alike are united in this, as a people, with one voice.

You are very far removed from Egypt and thus have no say in what they can or cannot do within their own borders... so sit back, suck it up and accept it, whatever happens. No matter what YOU think or say, the decision will ultimately be theirs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

They aren't making a fully informed decision. The Muslim Brotherhood is behind the mess over there. If they understood what they were trading in and what they were getting in return, they'd go for option #3 ... no Mubarak and no Muslim Brotherhood.

Sigh.

The Muslim Brotherhood has been a strong factor in Egyptian politics since 1928, FlyersFan. Even while illegal, it was still well-known and popular. You are assuming that because people who know better than you disagree with you, that they must be less informed than you. You are in effect, saying that Egyptians know very little about how Egypt works.

That's just beyond absurd.

This is a DISCUSSION BOARD .. we are here to discuss what is happening.

Yup, it's a discussion board. This does not make your opinion the least bit informed or valid. You might as well be flailing your arms and hooting for all the contribution you're making.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to [url= by Britguy[/url]

I agree...seems like people buy the western slanted msm fear hook line and sinker. And, to me, the will of the people is @ work here after many years of exploitation. I peronally think a peaceful country is possible, but it will probably not ultimately be democratic in the true sense. Nor is the US...a republic in my view.
edit on 31-1-2011 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This guy has no credibility...
his regime is the cause of the egyptian uprising

so he should STFU

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Boooo... Muslim Brotherhood...blah blah blah.... Jihadists... blah blah blah!

back atchya. Try reading their English Version website. It SHOULD scare you.

Sheesh! The Egyptian people WANT democracy and change.

Sheesh! The Egyptian people WANT it .... but with The Muslim Brotherhood they aren't getting it.

You are very far removed from Egypt and thus have no say in what they can or cannot do within their own borders... .

:shk: DUH. No kidding. I'm not telling them what to do. That's ridiculous. I'm stating facts.
FACTS .. The Muslim Brotherhood is WORSE than Mubarak. That's a fact.
BTW .. this is a DISCUSSION BOARD .. remember? We are allowed and encouraged
to discuss what is going on. Thats what I'm doing. Too bad you can't see the truth in
what I'm saying.

You are assuming that because people who know better than you disagree with you, that they must be less informed than you.

You are making no sense whatsoever. - The Egyptian people are not better informed. They are subjected to the rants of a backwards cult .. a cult that wants to suck them a thousand years backwards. They have not been informed as to the errors and intellectual sinkhole that the cult is. Just as millions of people fell for Obama's 'yes we can' rhetoric and helped usher in the mess we have today .. Egyptians are falling for the rhetoric that The Muslim Brotherhood is better than Mubarak. Idiots can be standing up to their eyeballs in sewer and not even smell it anymore whereas people elsewhere can see it and smell it coming.

You are in effect, saying that Egyptians know very little about how Egypt works.

Wrong. The FACTS are saying that the Egyptians are about to go from the frying pan into the fire.

That's just beyond absurd.

Having your head in the sand and refusing to see the facts .. that's what is beyond absurd.

This does not make your opinion the least bit informed or valid.

It's not my 'opinion'. It's fact. FACT.

You might as well be flailing your arms and hooting for all the contribution you're making.

That's because you people have cotton in your ears and refuse to hear the truth about the situation.
Typical behavior of the PC crowd ... you have my pity.
Just remember your culpability when TSHTF in the middle east and it spills out.
It's what YOU wanted. :shk:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Again, for all your quoting and answers, yo have not posted anything more than the usual western fear mongering about anything in the slightest bit Muslim. Everything you state as "FACT" is mere supposition and speculation, with no hard evidence to back anything up, and simple fear mongering about events that have not even happened yet.
Your assertion that the Egyptian people would be better off with Mubarak in power is plainly absurd, as the whole uprising is about ousting him from his dictatorial status. There is nothing PC about any of this and tagging people and calling names just makes your position more ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Netanyahoooooo is a comedian.

So he is big friends with Egypt, oh and USA as well.

That'll be why he sends his spies from Mossad snooping about.

Being friends with Big N is like living with a schizo. Appears likeable but just watch your back.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The motivations and actions of dictators are easier to predict ....... the hoi polloi are a different kettle of fish .

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
egypt, jordan and israel, america's happy little family.

egypt tortures and kills it's citizen's, israel kills and murders palestinians and jordan threw the palestinians under israeli bulldozers and washed their hands of them.

and all for the low, low price of 5 billion a year.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Regardless if it looks bad from your POV or mine, or whoever. the people should get what they want. we shouldn't tell them what to do. what is happening is a beautiful thing. The people are standing up and doing something; controlling their own destiny.

So long as it impacts us in the west in one way or another your comment above isn't totally valid. We have every right to have a say in what happens weather people like it or not. Now if it was a country that didn't have anything to do with the international community then fine let them be, but as it stands they are strategically located and their actions could hamper quite a lot of everyday life for the rest of the world. Yes the people making a stand trying to better or change their way of life, great but we have to also be wary of which way the dice could fall and be mindful of that scenario also.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

So to hell with what the people want as long as it makes your life a little more comfortable?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Um reread what I wrote. And don't put words in my mouth. You cannot expect Egypt to do a complete regime change and not expect input from the international community. Notice both above and before I stated international community not U.S..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I read what you said and stand by my comment. What they do with their country has bugger all to do with you, simple as that.

edit on 31-1-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You are making no sense whatsoever. - The Egyptian people are not better informed.

Yes, they are.

They are subjected to the rants of a backwards cult .. a cult that wants to suck them a thousand years backwards.

You're quite ignorant of pretty much anything that isn't spoon-fed to you from Daniel Pipes, aren't you?

They have not been informed as to the errors and intellectual sinkhole that the cult is.

Yes they have.

Just as millions of people fell for Obama's 'yes we can' rhetoric and helped usher in the mess we have today ..

Used to be, to see good Fantasy, I would have to turn to Jim Henson or Peter jackson or Terry Prachett or something. Apparently all I have to do is read your posts.

Egyptians are falling for the rhetoric that The Muslim Brotherhood is better than Mubarak.

No, they're noticing that having the ability to vote for the Muslim Brotherhood if they wish to do so is better than a hereditary president-for-life pillaging the nation and smashing heads. There's a difference.

Idiots can be standing up to their eyeballs in sewer and not even smell it anymore whereas people elsewhere can see it and smell it coming.

Once again, just because a doughy and poorly-informed American on the internet thinks they're wrong, does not actually make them wrong. Your opinion counts for absolutely nothing.

Wrong. The FACTS are saying that the Egyptians are about to go from the frying pan into the fire.

Maybe they are. Maybe they're not. But they are making an informed decision, either way.

Having your head in the sand and refusing to see the facts .. that's what is beyond absurd.

Exactly, thank you. Sticking your head in the sand and pretending Egyptians know less about what's happ;ening in Egypt than you do IS beyond absurd.

It's not my 'opinion'. It's fact. FACT.

Repeating a lie does not make it truth. Your opinion is uninformed and thus wholly worthless.

That's because you people have cotton in your ears and refuse to hear the truth about the situation.

Oh, I hear you. I just know that you're clueless, so I treat you sort of like I would a five year old who tells me that he's a superhero.

Typical behavior of the PC crowd ... you have my pity.

Oh dear, a Muslim-hating ignoramus who wants the Egyptians to live under a repressive dictatorship is calling me "politically correct" because I know more about Egyptian politics than he does, owing to several years of study on the region, compared to his nightly dose of FOX News. You wound me, sir.

Just remember your culpability when TSHTF in the middle east and it spills out.
It's what YOU wanted. :shk:

By this logic, all the blood spilled in Mubarak's torture prisons is all over your hands, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

I read what you said and stand by my comment. What they do with their country has bugger all to do with you, simple as that.

edit on 31-1-2011 by quackers because: (no reason given)

OK we shall remember that when the time comes and the United States is in a period of upheaval and the rest of the world is pissing and moaning because we can no longer provide food and other important exports to the rest of the world. Because it seems we are just evil and unneeded in the world's eyes and everything we do is wrong, but god forbid the prior takes place. I am so sick of the double standards anymore. You people don't realize that it will impact everyones life your just so hell bent on revolution this and revolution that,. Like I stated earlier I am happy for them to be making a stand I just hope they make the right choice when it comes to a successor.

And if it happens on this planet where I also live your wrong it is my business simple as that.
edit on 31-1-2011 by jaynkeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Israel is a democracy in the same way that Mississippi was a democracy in 1955. People are voting, so it's true in the technical sense. But a sizable section of the population remains in a state-sanctioned second class with "different rights," and even the first class is voting under coercion.

You should come visit Israel, see for yourself, or at least get your information from more credible sources.

Everything you just said is complete bull#.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Well exactly, I mean how did Mubarak expect people to act when his new shiny one step closer to "democracy" government HE appointed with all the same old people from his old and "trashed" government what exactly was that supposed to be a step towards?

I mean come on people aren't that stupid. I know that leaders think the masses should all be in handicapable classes, but that move could be read in no way other than a slap in the face. Take the same people and reshuffle them and call it a new government. What a joke!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join