It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu urges world to tone down criticism of Mubarak.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

You really think Israeli Arabs are legally equal to Israeli Jews? 'Cause the United States State Department, Human Rights Watch, The Or Commission, the Association for Civil Rights in Israel, the Hebrew University, the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, and Amnesty International all seem to disagree with you on that point.

So what credible sources did you have in mind?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Give me one law that discriminates an Arab Israeli from a Jewish Israeli.

And don't give me that long list of names, show me one incident where the dry law was discriminatory.

Judges makes bad rulings, cops make bad decisions, but saying Israel itself, as a nation, discriminates against Arabs?

There's animosity, prejudice, discrimination, yes. But to say that those exist only in Israeli society, and to completely ignore the reasons that led to such emotions is stupid.

What laws discriminate Arabs from Jews? Is their speed limit lower?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

OK we shall remember that when the time comes and the United States is in a period of upheaval and the rest of the world is pissing and moaning because we can no longer provide food and other important exports to the rest of the world.

The US is a net importer of food and it's main exports are tools of war. Who needs who?

Because it seems we are just evil and unneeded in the world's eyes and everything we do is wrong, but god forbid the prior takes place.

I wouldn't say evil, but as a nation you do make a habit of sticking your nose in where it's not wanted.

I am so sick of the double standards anymore. You people don't realize that it will impact everyones life your just so hell bent on revolution this and revolution that,. Like I stated earlier I am happy for them to be making a stand I just hope they make the right choice when it comes to a successor.

As long as that choice is right for you? If they make a choice and it doesn't suit you then what? Will you back a desicion to force them into some political arrangement they do not want? That would be double standards.

And if it happens on this planet where I also live your wrong it is my business simple as that.

You might not like it, but it's not your decision, you don't have a say and no, it is not any of your business how another country decides it wants to be run.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join