It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really know how Small ( or Big ) you really are ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just a quick post which puts alot of things into perspective I think..

primaxstudio.com...

I had posted this on another thread but after having a good look at it I thought it deserved it's own !!

Enjoy and don't feel too insignificant will you ...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Good find PD, my kids will like this, a good little educational tool.

Its hard to comprehend just how small we are when you look at the big picture.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Wow. It still takes a lot of thought to get a grip on the scale of things. I was listening to a guest, I think on Coast to Coast the other night (can't remember his name) he said that we (humans) are closer by scale to the size of sun compaired to the size of an atom. Thanks for the link.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Cool post, thanks

I would normally post something like this in the space forum but it does relate to your link...kinda.

I've always loved this clip:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Absolutely wonderful! Thank you for posting this. It really does give you a perspective of how things are in this reality.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Very nice link. Scaling outwards, I didn't even recognize 80% of the names after a while.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Do you really know how Small ( or Big ) you really are ????

I get this question a lot in the spam folder of my email; usually along with an add to make me bigger...
Sorry, couldn’t resist when I saw the topic.

Seriously though I have thought about this issue since I read Horton Hears a Who when I was a kid.

It is eye opening sometimes to think about how little we are and likely our impact as well even in relation to the planet let alone the universe.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This link below is for the same ''Scale Comparison'' as in the Intro BUT it credits the RIGHT authors...

htwins.net...

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Wow. It just goes on forever! I was a bit disappointed to find that I am not the center of the Universe. Another illusion shattered.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Alethea..

There is nothing wrong with being the centre of 'your' universe.....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Cool find!

I've seen something similiar but your link is nice and interactive, goes to show how much of a nothing a single human being actually is in the grand scheme of things.

S+F

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I saw this about a month ago and just couldn't believe it. Just unfathamble to think how big this place it. It's very hard for me to believe we are the only ones out there.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
that was awsome, i sent it to everyone i know.How cool is it when you do it real quick

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Just wanted to say to anyone whom I have offended on this site with my comments about footballers in Columbia kicking owls then i think this puts all that nonsense about 'rants' and name calling into perspective !!! as it does pretty much everything else really !!

htwins.net...

Regards

PDUK

top topics

join